What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

View attachment 13827

This is what I would guess the players in the deal will be. 1 unprotected pick from the Lakers to Utah... some seconds to Minny. Also Jeannie gets to give DWade a full body massage.
I'd take it over nothing, but it'd be hard thinking we're giving up all our tradable guys, plus the illustrious NAW, for only one pick. Beggars can't be choosers, but I'd hoped to have gotten a few more assets out of the rest of those guys. An unprotected LA pick is great, but with only one of them, what if they end up having a good year? You may be able to milk more value out of that using it as currency in another move. Risky, though.

1 draft pick for 3 starters. That's a major no. Plus the guys utah is sending have reasonable contracts. Conley is overpaid but nothing crazy.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I’d do it for one unprotected Lakers pick (27 or 29) and a pick swap this year.

Our guys have value, but it’s not crazy good value. I want to be greedy as much as the next person, but I think there’s some limitation as to what types of assets we’ll be getting back from guys like Beasley, Conley, Vando, Clarkson and Olynyk. I think the real value is by consolidating them so a team can justify paying out a premium draft pick to get them all.

1 draft pick for 3 starters. That's a major no. Plus the guys utah is sending have reasonable contracts. Conley is overpaid but nothing crazy.

So 1 pick for an overpaid starter and two bench players... cuz that's what Malik and Vando are... sounds fair to me.

I’d do it for one unprotected Lakers pick (27 or 29) and a pick swap this year.

Our guys have value, but it’s not crazy good value. I want to be greedy as much as the next person, but I think there’s some limitation as to what types of assets we’ll be getting back from guys like Beasley, Conley, Vando, Clarkson and Olynyk. I think the real value is by consolidating them so a team can justify paying out a premium draft pick to get them all.
Danny was quoted back saying he values these guys as 1 first each. 1 for all 3 isn't going to happen.

Lol you guys are either seriously overrating our guys or seriously underrating the Lakers pick we’d get back.
Royce got us a first. Beasley and Vanderbilt are in that tier. And yes, I do have trouble assigning proper value to a pick that is 5 years out. But the Lakers are historically a destination for top players, so I’m not just gonna pencil it in as a top five pick.

So 1 pick for an overpaid starter and two bench players... cuz that's what Malik and Vando are... sounds fair to me.
1 starter and 2 guys who would easily be starter/ 6th man on most nba teams. It's been reported how every nba team has called about Vanderbilt. Conley is still a top tier pg. Beasley has the 4th most 3s in the nba. These guys aren't just random end of the bench guys.

Royce got us a first. Beasley and Vanderbilt are in that tier. And yes, I do have trouble assigning proper value to a pick that is 5 years out. But the Lakers are historically a destination for top players, so I’m not just gonna pencil it in as a top five pick.

Outside of LeBron who have they signed in the last 20 years? Hell, they’ve been in the lottery twice WITH LeBron already.

My hunch here is that it's 1 FRP for Conley, 2 if they want Vando/Beasley thrown in. Potentially 1 FRP for Conley/Beasley.

Outside of LeBron who have they signed in the last 20 years? Hell, they’ve been in the lottery twice WITH LeBron already.
I’m just saying, it’s a long way out. And in general a later pick is valued less than a pick coming sooner.

We’ll see what happens but that trade just seemed to be helping other teams, taking back bad contracts/players to facilitate the trade. Then getting a bone thrown our way. Not some Danny Ainge killer move. As I said, I’ll prepare to be more underwhelmed than I was thinking. But do hope I am a bit more whelmed than I felt seeing that trade.