What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Plus we gave up two second rounders to the wolves? All of that for just one protected Lakers first?

I need to know what the protection is on the pick and what it conveys to if it lands within the protection.
Who cares what the protection is, there’s a good chance the lakers are going to be super bad
This is a homerun...
I’m being dead serious when I ask this, but help me understand how this is a home run?

Holy **** what a ********.Mike to T-wolves to make them better ad the **** return coming back from all of this. Unless the team will tank hard rest of the season and make sure entering high chances for high picks this trade was a complete joke. With our schedule remaining even without Mike we might win quite a lot of games - especially if JC is still with the team.

You and I are the only ones that think so.
Look I'm old enough to remember when all we got were some picks in the late 20s for Rudy and Donovan... now everyone bitching about getting ANOTHER pick for the leftovers while clearing elventy billion dollarbucks in cap space and saving the tank. DA is honestly an artist.

I mean we weren't locked to make the playoffs
with the full roster built around Lauri/JC before the deal and we surely aren't making the playoffs now after the trade.

It's not a guarantee we will be good comes 2025 or 2026. It's not a given that Lakers will be terrible in 2027 either.

Giving up half of our rotation now to exchange our 35th pick in 2025 and 38th pick in 2026 for Lakers 28th pick in 2027 is very much a possibility.

How is a top 4 protected pick in 2027 for Conley, Beasley, Vandy, 2 future 2RPs, and NAW a good deal lol

Considering Kyrie Irving was just traded for a similar pick I think we did just fine. Also, we keep the Pelicans from getting another top-10 pick while making our pick worse at the same time. People need to wake the **** up.

1. I don't like this trade, but I guess I trust that this is the best way Danny felt he could reach his goals, and he seems pretty good at what he does.

2. I honestly think that there might be some "saving face" for Minny by the Jazz with those second rounders. Counting Kessler we got 5 quality FRP plus a swap for Gobert, with the first lootbox being a special "super rare" and probably worth the trade all by itself. I'm not going to begrudge Minny a couple second rounders.

3. If I am honest, we were trying to sneak Vando and Beasley out the door before they deteriorated even further. I'm actually kinda more bummed about NAW. I thought we could get him on a good contract as a quality backup.

4. Giving the Lakers a bit of life is probably a good idea for us right now. (maybe push down our own and Minny's picks, Deny a higher pick to NO)

45 What the Hell we gonna do with Clarkson and Olynyk?

Holy **** what a ********.Mike to T-wolves to make them better ad the **** return coming back from all of this. Unless the team will tank hard rest of the season and make sure entering high chances for high picks this trade was a complete joke. With our schedule remaining even without Mike we might win quite a lot of games - especially if JC is still with the team.
if we are in the top 4 this draft it wont be the Wolves pick smh. they just got better adding Mike not worse, and we obviously are now ful tank mode in the minds of this front office.
BUT don't be surprised of they trade Sexton and or Clarkson as I doubt either are good with being tank commanders at this point. If they don't I bet both of those guys win us some games even if the Finnisher and Kessler have manufactued injuries or some other tank bs

Who cares what the protection is, there’s a good chance the lakers are going to be super bad

I’m being dead serious when I ask this, but help me understand how this is a home run?
All it takes is for one big name FA to sign with them in 2025/26 for them to be good which has happened numerous times before. Betting against the Lakers surely won't be the smartest thing in the world.

3 things the optimists are missing:
we sold low on Beasley and probably Vander here
we gave the Wolves a better shot at making our pick aka their pick worse so unless the Wolves pick is outgoing tomorow, bad move.
They still have the FInnisher Kessler and JC on the roster to make tanking harder than it would be without them.
SO even though it was a big time tank move on paper it could easily back fire