What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Knicks top-14 protected first this year is better than the Lakers top-4 protected first in 2027?
Depends on the protection of course. Ny top 14 protected first that becomes an unprotected first next year may very well be more valuable than a top 4 protected pick that becomes a second in a year we all believe the lakers will suck.

Hypothetical Time:

Would you rather the Lakers have the 5th worse record in 2026/2027 NBA season, which would mean the pick would have a 44%ish chance of being top 4 and not conveying or would you rather the Lakers have the 15th pick?

Hypothetical Time:

Would you rather the Lakers have the 5th worse record in 2026/2027 NBA season, which would mean the pick would have a 44%ish chance of being top 4 and not conveying or would you rather the Lakers have the 15th pick?
Hard to say. If things stayed the same and we already had the cavs, wolves and our own pick for that draft I would probably prefer them to have the 5th worst record.

that wasn't the purpose... the leftovers of the Rudy trade and the spare parts we had are what got moved... and the same folks are complaining we didn't get enough... when we sold off the stuff we got... if that makes sense.

Just a weird post that i dont understand. I mean rudy trade moght have been the greatest trade of all time. Donovan trade moght have been the second best trade in jazz history.
Then you have todays trade. Just weird to use them trades to help describe this trades value.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I mean, it is a legit comparison and the truth is that the pick that will probably end up the best is the one we got in this Lakers trade and not for Don or Rudy.

We didn’t get a single premium pick for Don or Rudy which is/was a legit criticism of those deals. We got a lot of them, of course, but no premium picks. Thankfully Markannen and Kessler are proving to be the premium, high end talent the trades seemed to be lacking on the surface.

How do you know we didnt get a premium pick from the rudy and donovan trade? You cant know that because they are in the futire. Just like you cant know the lakers pick is a premium pick. It is also in the future. And that is just tslkimg about the draft positions nevermind the fact that a 18th pick could be the better player than a 5th pick.

Its all unkown. All it is right now is a bunch of firsts. None better then any other with the exception that some are unprotected and one might be a econd rounder.

Me no understand why people think top-4 protect is bad pick. Never Lakers finish so bad they get top-4 pick in all Laker history. No way they get so that bad. Its fan no let that happen.

Last edited:
I like Conley a lot, but I have to remember that it took him months to come up to speed with a new team. I'm hoping he has a few struggles this year then is awesome the last year of his contract!

The Nets got 3 picks for Kyrie? In what universe? Or are you talking about seconds?

I googled khrie irving trade. It said 2 players and 3 picks. Maybe 2 of them are seconds. That would mean 2 starters, 1 first rounder and 2 second rounders. Which is still more than 1 draft pick.

Me no understand why people think top-4 protect is bad pick. Never Lakers finish so bad they get top-4 pick in all Laker history. No way they get that bad. Its fan no let that happen.
It's less the protection and more the fact it doesnt rollback. So we might have just traded 3 quality players, two 2nd rounders, buying out a deadweight player all to get a 2nd round pick in 2027.

I googled khrie irving trade. It said 2 players and 3 picks. Maybe 2 of them are seconds. That would mean 2 starters, 1 first rounder and 2 second rounders. Which is still more than 1 draft pick.

Right… then you remember we traded Conley/Beasley/Vanderbilt who combined aren’t enough to trade for Kyrie.