What's new

Trail Blazers @ Jazz 8:30 PM MT: THE LOSING STREAK ENDS TONIGHT

Nice comeback. Not impressed with win. Happy Jazz won but they are far from being "fixed".

Geez we turn the ball over a lot ... 15 tonight but it felt like 30 ..

Just bonehead plays , dribbling into traffic , Mitchell took some god awful shots , I dunno why he isn’t sticking to his pull up jumper , but rather reverting to the out of control around the rim misses ..

I dunno how Gobert at times disappears from an easy rebound that somehow falls into a smaller players hands and the grabs his face like its been hit by mike Tyson ..

We have so much work to do , Still lack a PF

We have so much work to do , Still lack a PF
Would Julius Randle not be the perfect 4 for us? I caught so much flak from this board for even mentioning his name and when it was clear Randle was available from the lakers bench.

Bogie? Well... yeah, he can score. But... hes a team leader in softness and in stupid plays. He rarely makes a hustle play. He makes TONS of careless turnovers (apple, cherry, and unforced). He takes terrible shots at the end of games. He missed the free throw tonight and swanigan nearly tied the game. His defense is meh at the very best. He cant rebound.

But he scores a lot.

I trust him to get a bucket more than anyone else on the team. At any level.

I’ll wait patiently offline for your next novel of a reply.

We had a 117.0 Offensive Rating in this game. This offense was fine and Conley was great.

The defense in the second half was the difference. We stepped up and showed a little more hustle and toughness.

I am afraid that the second half had more to do with Portland running out of gas - 7 guys playing heavy minutes on a road B2B. We certainly played harder the second half and I am relieved we won but I don't see the light in the tunnel yet.

Would Julius Randle not be the perfect 4 for us? I caught so much flak from this board for even mentioning his name and when it was clear Randle was available from the lakers bench.

jesus you’re a buttnutt.

If we need a simple 2 pt bucket id play Clarkson over Conley, hes the better scorer who can argue with that??
If the other team see's Clarkson touch the ball they can swarm him. He's much better against backups because they aren't as good. Clarkson at the end of games likely means less Bogey, Ingles and Mitchell touching the ball. I like Clarkson but unless he's on fire, like a few nights ago, I don't want him in at the end of games.

Geez we turn the ball over a lot ... 15 tonight but it felt like 30 ..
In particular in the Q1 I thought there were some miserable TOs, and also at least one occasion where Portland missed a shot (a rarity in the first) where several Jazz players really should have gotten to the ball, but Swanigan ended up diving on the floor winning it for the Blazers. We really didn't look sharp at times.
Other times, we looked pretty good, so it feels like there's potential here to get back on track.

I think the biggest problem with the turnovers is they are often unforced loose handles, lazy passes etc. I don't know if it counts the botched jump breaks and stuff too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

I think the biggest problem with the turnovers is they are often unforced loose handles, lazy passes etc. I don't know if it counts the botched jump breaks and stuff too.
Yeah, I agree, those might not count much more than a forced TO, but I would think they are much worse for morale. Joe had a couple of really terrible plays to start the game, and there was this horrible Royce TO in the 3rd (or so) just bringing the ball up, lazy pass and Trent got a steal and a dunk.

I think every one was expecting more out of this team but the signs were there that the Jazz might be better but not significantly. The win streak simply masked our weaknesses. when the Jazz play against weaker teams they can pull out games but now that they are playing playoff caliber teams the weaknesses are extremely noticeable. The Jazz win last night is good to stop the bleeding but they had to comeback from 16 pts down. They hung on and won with the help of a bad call.

I am trying to stay positive but the Jazz need to do more than beat a depleted Portland team on their homecourt. Real contenders beat other contenders on a consistent basis. They don't lose by double digits at home like Houston or get by teams that are playing with 7 guys.