What's new

Trent Forrest fan club

Still life in DedEx: "Dante Exum had his best game yet with FC Barcelona to lead his team to a tough victory against Monaco in Round 28 and has been named this week’s MVP. Barcelona outscored Monaco 88-83 at home, as Exum posted 22 points, 5 rebounds and 2 assists in 30:10 on the court, for a PIR of 31, the best performance for this week in the Turkish Airlines EuroLeague."
"

As long as Coach's omnipresent and flaming eye can watch all of you sarcastically talking on his cult, Jared Butler will remain dead for basketball.

He will get badly exposed in the playoffs when he is scouted much more. Quin should have went with Butler all along.
What's the BS?

Scouted more?

I'm sorry, the scouting report on Trent Forrest isnt complicated. Teams knows he cant shoot. Nothing is going to change that we havent already seen.

Trent showed he could shoot decently in summer league. Have the coaches whisper in his ear just before he enters the game "Hey Trent, this is summer league."

The worst thing is, like Simmons, Forrest is not just a bad shooter, but outright afraid to shoot. Even wide open he looks for the pass. The times he is supposed to shoot, and he cannot get out of it, he just chucks it like a nervous jr high school kid in his first games in actual competition. It is his ultimate downfall.

What's the BS?

Scouted more?

I'm sorry, the scouting report on Trent Forrest isnt complicated. Teams knows he cant shoot. Nothing is going to change that we havent already seen.
Yes but not every team is thoroughly preparing for one team. There are nights where teams still close out to him… they aren’t as well prepared. Teams are solely focused on one team in the playoffs and so this only gets worse. It’s an easy report obvi but execution of strategies to help off of him will be way more effective.

Yes but not every team is thoroughly preparing for one team. There are nights where teams still close out to him… they aren’t as well prepared. Teams are solely focused on one team in the playoffs and so this only gets worse. It’s an easy report obvi but execution of strategies to help off of him will be way more effective.
A lot of teams always closeout because bad shooters suddenly become ok if you give them an eternity with no threat of a closeout

What's the BS?

Scouted more?

BS?

Yeah, I just dont buy that Forrest is going to be a bigger liability in the playoffs than he already is. Teams know who he is. He's one of the worst shooters in the NBA. It's not a secret.

No, im asking what you meant in your post when you asked the question “whats the BS?”

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

A lot of teams always closeout because bad shooters suddenly become ok if you give them an eternity with no threat of a closeout

Except for forrest and ben simmons and rudy gobert and players like them.
Teams wont close out on forrest in the playoffs. Wont close out on gobert or simmons either

Teams wont close out on forrest in the playoffs. Wont close out on gobert or simmons either

Yep. That is exactly what negated Simmons for multiple years in the playoffs. They double down on the other threats and leave him alone to shoot. Worked perfectly.

They might test him. Forrest isnt a complete non-shooter like Simmons or Gobert, at least from the corner. If they leave him wide open, he can take them. It's just a question if the Jazz can get lucky and he hits one or two in a row then teams will close out harder.

Yep. That is exactly what negated Simmons for multiple years in the playoffs. They double down on the other threats and leave him alone to shoot. Worked perfectly.
Simmons has never been negated in the playoffs lmao. We are talking about a dude who has nearly averaged a triple double ever year in the playoffs and post a BPM at or around 4 every playoffs.

He just had bad mental issues not taking layups and with FT's. His lack of 3pt shooting is not nearly enough to hold him back from being a high level playoff performer.

Simmons has never been negated in the playoffs lmao. We are talking about a dude who has nearly averaged a triple double ever year in the playoffs and post a BPM at or around 4 every playoffs.

He just had bad mental issues not taking layups and with FT's. His lack of 3pt shooting is not nearly enough to hold him back from being a high level playoff performer.
Strange that his team didn't want him. Young player who is a triple double machine in the playoffs? Makes sense they would want to get rid of him. I wonder if that has ever happened before in the history of the NBA

Strange that his team didn't want him. Young player who is a triple double machine in the playoffs? Makes sense they would want to get rid of him. I wonder if that has ever happened before in the history of the NBA
He must be a winner. No way to negate the guy, he obviously dominates. I heard he almost lead his team to the finals last year. Until he, you know, was afraid of the rim and was completely negated by being put in a position to actually shoot the ball. Tough break for such a dominant playoff force.

what are you making up?
What are you confused about? You said that he is an amazing playoff performer. I said that its strange that a team would trade their young amazing playoff performer. I was wondering if that has ever happened before.
Its also strange that this phenom was sitting out game after game and was constantly getting criticized by almost everyone.