What's new

Trump’s Dividing of America

So hundreds of thousands trying to enter the country. Where would YOU put them? Trump has called this a National emergency since late last year and was scoffed and defeated for it. Now that it is a national emergency people still blame him.

Neither party has done a single thing to help but fight and divide.

Lol.

One party has passed dozens of bills to improve health care and fund the detention centers better to improve living conditions. The senate has killed all of these bills. The senate kills most detention funding bills because they don’t contain the wall funding that Donald said Mexico was going to pay for.

Nonsense, it asked you questions. Answer them
I already did and I'm at work so I can't get into detail but nobody has forced anybody into detention. Comparing people willfully coming to the border for assylum to people taken out of their homes(Japanese) and people rounded up in trains, starved, beaten, raped, experimented on them gassed in a chamber is flat out ignorance. It really is.

PS I don't like Trump either but I also don't like this alt-left extremism. People have been caged and treated poorly long before Trump. Hell Obama deported record amounds and actually built many of these facilities. Where were the extrmemist then? Nowhere...

I already did and I'm at work so I can't get into detail but nobody has forced anybody into detention. Comparing people willfully coming to the border for assylum to people taken out of their homes(Japanese) and people rounded up in trains, starved, beaten, raped, experimented on them gassed in a chamber is flat out ignorance. It really is.

PS I don't like Trump either but I also don't like this alt-left extremism. People have been caged and treated poorly long before Trump. Hell Obama deported record amounds and actually built many of these facilities. Where were the extrmemist then? Nowhere...

Oh look. Another Archie Moses. Perfectly happy asking questions, bitching and moaning about others, but for "perfectly good reasons" won't answer yours.

I don't think "ignorance" means what you think it means.

But you didn’t answer the questions. That’s the thing. That’s why I persisted in asking you to answer them.

See, this exchange over the past few pages between you and this board represents what I see everyday when it comes to Trumpers trying to discuss issues with the rest of the rational population. It’s the same thing every damn day. You yell past everyone, use zero facts, and seem to live in an alt reality where history began today. It’s amazing how ignorant Trumpers are.

Your ignorance is not as valuable as our knowledge. Sorry

But you didn’t answer the questions. That’s the thing. That’s why I persisted in asking you to answer them.

See, this exchange over the past few pages between you and this board represents what I see everyday when it comes to Trumpers trying to discuss issues with the rest of the rational population. It’s the same thing every damn day. You yell past everyone, use zero facts, and seem to live in an alt reality where history began today. It’s amazing how ignorant Trumpers are.

I dislike Trump myself. I have never said a positive word about him. You just use it as a means to insult someone.

Just curious, what’s wrong with calling white supremacists, “White supremacists?” I don’t get it. You seriously don’t think Trump is one? Really? Steve King? The white supremacists who marched on Charlottesville? You don’t think Tucker and Laura’s nightly “our culture is changing! The new people aren’t assimilating! AOC isn’t American!” Isn’t white supremacy? Really? Open a ****ing history book man. This rhetoric was regular eugenics/white supremacist rhetoric from the early 1900s. It’s just being broadcast by television.

I’m curious, why can’t we compare these detention centers from being Nazi concentration camps? Are people not living in terrible conditions? Are they not being abused? Are they not dying? What exactly is preventing them from qualifying as a concentration camp?

It’s odd that some people on here are trying to “both sides” this thing. Take a step back and look at what’s happening. If Democrats and Never Trumpers are describing your side accurately, maybe you should re-evaluate which side your loyalty lies? You might not end up on the right side of history.

The detention facilities are very obviously concentration camps. Such camps existed before and after those concentration camps that are most commonly associated with the term, those in Nazi Germany. And not all of Germany's concentration camps were death camps. They called the various types of camps by different names, but all would fit the description offered by the Merriam-Webster dictionary:

"a place where large numbers of people (such as prisoners of war, political prisoners, refugees, or the members of an ethnic or religious minority) are detained or confined under armed guard."

Merriam-Webster itself goes on to say "especially" the camps associated with Nazi Germany, but the term is not exclusive to the Nazi death camps.

I believe the description fits our southern border detention centers as well.

Some people reject the use of this term because they 1)mistakenly think such camps have to be death or extermination camps to be called concentration camps, and because they 2) do not want to accept that the United States would actually operate concentration camps. They do not want to associate their country with that term. They call it an overreaction, but it's only because of the automatic and default association with the Nazis that the association creates an immediate rejection by some. Do not associate that term with this country. We are not like the Nazis. Drop the automatic association, and it's just a term denoting the type of place described by Merriam-Webster.

Making believe we cannot call them concentration camps does not change the reality. AOC used the term in order to call attention to them, I'm sure she knew she would get attention for doing so, and her use did call attention to the detention centers, and to AOC herself. Basically, it forces the issue by causing Americans to say "are we really doing this? Is this who we are?" It forces us to look at ourselves. Which is exactly what AOC was aiming for. Just my two cents....

Ignorance is selecting tweets and using them to show people agree with you like you do Thriller. Yahoo does this all the time in their articles, then you read the comments section and find out what people really think.

Lol the ignorance and downright terribleness of comparing the slaughter of millions of Jews to something as miniscule as border protection and national security. It's bat chit crazy truthfully.

Not the holocaust for sure. But as Americans we need to hold ourselves to a much higher standard than "We are not as bad as the Nazis"

If your 5 year old daughter is stripped from your arms you may think about it differently. No on is saying it is on the same scale. But it does not make it any less heinous individually.

If you are truly interested in an answer to this question go ahead and look up any of the Democratic candidates positions on immigration. Julian Castro in particular would be a good place to start.

https://issues.juliancastro.com/people-first-immigration/

Right?

And then he’ll bitch about the D’s solutions too despite the GOP’s solution being: “Don’t come here or else you’ll be placed in a concentration camp and possibly die of neglect.”

That’s the issue here. Republicans don’t want actual solutions. The crazy has taken over the party. The CRUELTY is the point. The rhetoric TODAY from Trump, Tucker, Laura, etc is IDENTICAL to the Eugenists and White Supremacists of the 1900s. Even back then they claimed “that Jews, Italians, and Eastern Europeans weren’t assimilating into the culture, were money pits for the state, committee crime, brought disease, and weren’t patriotic.” They complained about not getting enough immigrants from, “Scandinavian countries.” That’s why quotas were set up in 1921 and 1924.

The cruelty for Trumpers is the point: No more women’s choice, no more athletes taking part in demonstrations, no more speaking out against the leader, no other party is legitimate, no more health care for the poor, no other types of religions are tolerated, no more LGBT, no more Brown skinned people, no more multiculturalism.

For those of you looking for an interesting read:

Amazon product ASIN 0143109995

Last edited:
If you don't understand this, then you don't understand the responsibilities of someone in such high position. Sure, we need to hold ourselves to standards, but our behavior doesn't influence hundreds of millions of people. They have great power and with it great responsibilities that average citizens do not.

We are holding POTUS to a very low standard. If someone came to your ward and joked about having sex with his daughter, would you invite him over for dinner? Let him alone with your daughter? Yet millions vote for him.

So calling someone brainless and basically stupid is the answer?

You're welcome to any interpretation you'd like. We're a free society. But being unwilling or incapable of getting on the same page to work through issues sure seems like a shortcoming. One brought on by frustration that others see something different.