What's new

Trump and China

franklin

The ******* in Chief is doing something I absolutely love, which is influencing much better relations with China.

http://www.mycentraloregon.com/2017/11/09/trump-i-dont-blame-china-for-us-china-trade-imbalances/

Sure, he flipflopped but what presidential elect hasn't?

“I don’t blame China,” Trump said. “Who can blame a country for being able to take advantage of another country to the benefit of its citizens?”

Instead, the president placed blame on his predecessors.

“I do blame past [U.S.] administrations for allowing this out-of-control trade deficit to take place and to grow,” Trump said. “We have to fix this because it just doesn’t work for our great American companies and it doesn’t work for our great American workers. It is just not sustainable.”

Good Donald.

During an interview with Good Morning America in November 2015, Trump labeled China an “economic enemy.”

“They have taken advantage of us like nobody in history,” Trump said. “It’s the greatest theft in the history of the world what they’ve done to the United States. They’ve taken our jobs.”

At a campaign rally in Fort Wayne, Indiana in May 2016, Trump echoed that sentiment.

“We can’t continue to allow China to rape our country. And that’s what they’re doing,” Trump said. “It’s the greatest theft in the history of the world.”

While the first sentence is accurate, the follow up is bad Donald.

“They have taken advantage of us like nobody in history,” Trump said. “It’s the greatest theft in the history of the world what they’ve done to the United States. They’ve taken our jobs.”

At a campaign rally in Fort Wayne, Indiana in May 2016, Trump echoed that sentiment.

We can’t continue to allow China to rape our country. And that’s what they’re doing,” Trump said. “It’s the greatest theft in the history of the world.”

Bad Donald.

Here's an official link about his trade deal and it looks pretty good for us, on paper.

https://www.commerce.gov/sites/comm..._signings_and_additional_company_signings.pdf

Maybe the dude can actually live up to all his bragging. I loved most what he said in this part of OP linked article:

At Thursday’s signing ceremony in Beijing, the president went on to thank Xi for his recent efforts to restrict trade and cut off banking ties with North Korea. He also said he believed Xi could fix the North Korea nuclear problem.

“China can fix this problem easily and quickly, and I’m calling on China and your great president to hopefully work on it very hard,” Trump said. “I know one thing about your president. If he works on it hard, it will happen, there’s no doubt about it.”

That's the diplomacy I want to hear.

And all that campaign rhetoric sent a signal to China. And the fact that he won the election with it sent a signal to China. It meant the Chinese would come to the table with something to offer America.

China and America are joined at the economic hip. Ain't neither of us goin' anywhere without the other. That's why the economic realities require us to join the Silk Road world trade concept. MagLev trains around the world. Under the Bering Strait, through Panama. India and Russia and Brazil are all on board. Cuts shipping time by a factor of ten.

And all that campaign rhetoric sent a signal to China. And the fact that he won the election with it sent a signal to China. It meant the Chinese would come to the table with something to offer America.

China and America are joined at the economic hip. Ain't neither of us goin' anywhere without the other. That's why the economic realities require us to join the Silk Road world trade concept. MagLev trains around the world. Under the Bering Strait, through Panama. India and Russia and Brazil are all on board. Cuts shipping time by a factor of ten.

Have BRI. Will travel....

http://www.atimes.com/article/xis-road-map-chinese-dream/