What's new

Trump is finally the best at something... Losing money!

trigger warning for all the trumper snowflakes, this story is gonna get you triggered. Leave now Trumpers, you’re gonna be triggered, go back to your conservative safe place thread. Smashing reporting from The NY Times that will undoubtedly trigger Trump into ripping the Times during tomorrow morning’s bowel movement.

So if he lost more money than any other American, who or what has kept him afloat all of these years?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/05/07/us/politics/donald-trump-taxes.html

Lmao.

So now the conspiracy is that Russia has been grooming Trump for years cause they knew he would be president. So they have been bailing him out and letting him just waste thier cash to the tune of billions of dollars.

All so Russia could get the last laugh when America ends up with best economy ever.

Oh man. Those dirty Russians they sure got us good. This great economy sucks. Damn you Russia, how could you do this to us?

Seriously though, has anyone explained yet, what exactly Russia is getting out of this? A Trump hotel that they are paying for? I dont get it. Maybe I need more tinfoil.

IGNITING A HISTORIC ECONOMIC BOOM: President Trump’s pro-growth policies are unleashing economic growth and providing opportunities to workers across the country.

• Due to President Trump’s pro-growth policies, real gross domestic product (GDP) growth exceeded 3 percent over the last four quarters.
    • Real GDP grew at annual rates of 3.4 percent in the third quarter of 2018 and 4.2 percent in the second quarter.
  • More than 5 million jobs have been created since President Trump’s election and the unemployment rate remains below 4 percent.
    • This is the eighth time this year that the unemployment rate has been below 4 percent.
    • Prior to this year, the unemployment rate had fallen below 4 percent only five times since 1970.
    • The unemployment rate for African Americans in May fell to 5.9 percent, which is the lowest rate on record.
    • Asian and Hispanic-American unemployment rates have reached record lows this year.
  • Initial weekly jobless claims have hit a nearly 50-year low under President Trump.
  • Under President Trump, job openings outnumber the unemployed for the first time on record.
  • Recently, more than two-thirds of Americans rated “now” as a good time to find a quality job, tying a record high in a poll by Gallup.
  • Americans are seeing more money in their pockets thanks to the booming economy.
    • In recent months, workers have seen their largest nominal year over year wage growth in nearly a decade.
    • In 2017, real median household income rose to a post-recession high.
  • President Trump’s policies are helping to lift Americans out of poverty.
    • African-American and Hispanic-American poverty rates reached record lows of 21.2 percent and 18.3 percent, respectively, in 2017.
    • Since the election, 4.6 million Americans have been lifted off of food stamps.
  • Consumer confidence has soared under President Trump, recently reaching an 18-year high.
  • President Trump is delivering on his promise to bring back American manufacturing.
    • The National Association of Manufacturers’ Outlook Index had the highest annual average in its history over the past year.
    • Manufacturing added 284,000 jobs in 2018, the most added in a year since 1997
  • Small Business optimism jumped to a record high under President Trump, according to a survey by the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB).
    • The NFIB’s Small Business Optimism Index broke a 35-year record in August.
  • President Trump signed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act into law, ushering in the largest package of tax cuts and reforms in American history.
  • These tax cuts are delivering real results for American families and workers.
    • More than 6 million workers received tax cut bonuses and benefits.
    • More than 100 utility companies have announced lower rates.
  • President Trump is ensuring American workers receive the training and education they need to compete in today’s economy.
    • President Trump signed an executive order establishing the National Council for the American worker.
    • More than 185 companies and associations have signed our “Pledge to America’s Workers,” promising more than 6.4 million new training and career opportunities.
    • The President signed legislation that reauthorized the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act, making more than $1 billion available for career education programs.
  • President Trump has prioritized the economic empowerment of women.
    • The women’s unemployment rate recently reached its lowest rate in 65 years.
    • The Small Business Administration lent approximately $500 million more in capital to women-owned businesses in 2017 compared to 2016.
    • The Administration helped launch the Women Entrepreneurs Finance Initiative, which could leverage more than $1 billion to support women entrepreneurs.

This is a great post. So great, that its one of those that the liberals will ignore.

They only like "facts" that confirm what they want to believe.

What amount of effect does the president have on the economy? What amount of effect is it in the first few years of a new president?

I'll go with Investors Business Daily's facts. You go with whatever facts you want to present. All of us can decide for ourselves.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/obama-trump-booming-economy/

"Scientific Consensus
Still not convinced Trump deserves credit for the current booming economy? Consider that a survey of 68 business, financial and academic economists by The Wall Street Journal at the start of this year found that most believed Trump's policies would boost the economy, while the same group had said Obama's policies were a drag on long-term growth. Ninety percent said Trump's tax cuts would accelerate growth.

It is what the left would, in another context, call a "scientific consensus.""

What amount of effect does the president have on the economy? What amount of effect is it in the first few years of a new president?

You really going to sit there with a straight face and tell me a few posts ago that you are a conservative, and then pretend to not know what lowering the corporate tax rate from 37% to 21% could do? There was also tax break for small businesses, and people too.

You have even said you have ran a business before. Are you trying to tell me that a lower tax rate wouldn't free up money to help with reinvesting, hiring new emlpoyees, paying your own bills, buying things, etc..

I have seen it first hand at my work. Everyone I work with has seen a 10% to 20% increase in their wages. People have become incredibly difficult to keep around because they are getting offers to work somewhere else. I watched our company grow by 20% since he got elected. Ive watched the reinvesting happen. Our bonuses went up. We cant even accept the amount of work being offered because its too much.

And yes, of course it will have an immediate impact. That money from taxes is saved immediately.

All of this has a compunding effect on the economy. When, for example the company I work for pays more money I can buy more things. Pay other people to do things. It goes all the way down the line. If you arent feeling the effects then you either work for the wrong company or dont work at all.

Ya, some companies won't spread the wealth around. No one is forcing you to work for them. Find a new profession or work somewhere else.

I'll go with Investors Business Daily's facts. You go with whatever facts you want to present. All of us can decide for ourselves.

"Scientific Consensus
Still not convinced Trump deserves credit for the current booming economy? Consider that a survey of 68 business, financial and academic economists by The Wall Street Journal at the start of this year found that most believed Trump's policies would boost the economy, while the same group had said Obama's policies were a drag on long-term growth. Ninety percent said Trump's tax cuts would accelerate growth.

Well... That is a great source to kick things off... An editorial from a very conservative source.

So just to figure out your stance first. You think the presidents have a large influence on the economy and that they are the reason for the economy in the first years of their presidency? Do you think this is always true or just under Trump?

Well... That is a great source to kick things off... An editorial from a very conservative source.

So just to figure out your stance first. You think the presidents have a large influence on the economy and that they are the reason for the economy in the first years of their presidency? Do you think this is always true or just under Trump?

Just share your liberal sources already. I know you're dying to share your charts and diagrams.

You really going to sit there with a straight face and tell me a few posts ago that you are a conservative, and then pretend to not know what lowering the corporate tax rate from 37% to 21% could do? There was also tax break for small businesses, and people too.

You have even said you have ran a business before. Are you trying to tell me that a lower tax rate wouldn't free up money to help with reinvesting, hiring new emlpoyees, paying your own bills, buying things, etc..

I have seen it first hand at my work. Everyone I work with has seen a 10% to 20% increase in their wages. People have become incredibly difficult to keep around because they are getting offers to work somewhere else. I watched our company grow by 20% since he got elected. Ive watched the reinvesting happen. Our bonuses went up. We cant even accept the amount of work being offered because its too much.

And yes, of course it will have an immediate impact. That money from taxes is saved immediately.

All of this has a compunding effect on the economy. When, for example the company I work for pays more money I can buy more things. Pay other people to do things. It goes all the way down the line. If you arent feeling the effects then you either work for the wrong company or dont work at all.

Ya, some companies won't spread the wealth around. No one is forcing you to work for them. Find a new profession or work somewhere else.

First of all someone is defensive. I didn't make a claim I asked a question.

So your answer is yes, all presidents should get the blame or credit for the economy during the first years of their presidency?

As far as my claim of conservative that's off. I'm neither I'm conservative on something's and liberal on others.

Also I like the anecdotal evidence you provided. The housing market in Utah has slowed down the last year or so. I'm seeing less jobs and more friends looking for work. But that's just my anecdotal evidence.

Just share your liberal sources already. I know you're dying to share your charts and diagrams.

My general opinion is that presidents don't effect the economy much especially early regardless of who they are. I don't have sources and haven't read much on it. I can look into it but I still don't know your stance at all.

It's pretty normal though. I usually ask you basic questions and you never answer.

And no, I won't post liberal sources. I'll post good sourced info. I'll actually research it and maybe have my opinion changed if the information points to that. I don't just Google what I want to hear and post that. Confirmation bias doesn't help anyone. I'm definitely not going to grab a bias opinion piece and pretend it's anything worth while to read.

Okay Mr. Mexico. Yes, I believe that Trump coming into office had a profound impact on the economy and thus turned around the malaise that had been going on for at least the last year of Obama's office. Obama was busy trying to turn the US into Europe and it had a serious effect of slowing the economy. The levels of regulation and failed policies by Obama affected the economy tremendously overall.

When Trump arrived, he was like a breath of fresh air to small and large businesses. He immediately began work on removing the Obama regulations that put a stranglehold on business growth. He removed regulations or stopped them from happening on my own line of business that immediately opened the doors to more business and less time wasted with government paperwork and rules.

The stock market has a direct impact on what I do, and the growth there has been amazing. The unemployment rate is at decade low levels. Businesses are hiring and people's income levels are rising. I believe that Trump and his policies have played a major part in that.

The economy and getting in judges that follow the constitution are the two main reasons I voted for Trump and he has accomplished those two tremendously. I don't give a crap about the other stuff he has done in his personal life.

"Scientific Consensus

So after reading the crap opinion piece I got to their source for the claims. and it is this: "A majority of economists surveyed say Trump has been somewhat positive for job creation, GDP growth and the stock market" From the Wall Street Journal.

I would agree with that statement. Its seems big businesses are happy with trumps policies and are making more money because of him. He has somewhat improved those things. A lot of those things take time to change even with policies.

It does look like we are in a goldilocks economy and hope it stays there despite what Trump wants. He claims and wants a 4% growth which is not good for me or you.

Here is a decent article about the economy from a good site that sources their information well.
https://www.thebalance.com/us-economic-outlook-3305669

It looks like the economy will slow down the next couple years but still be good. It does talk about how many people are still hurting at the lower end despite a good economy though.

Here is their breakdown of the tax cuts from Trump. It looks like they gave mixed reviews.
https://www.thebalance.com/cost-of-trump-tax-cuts-4586645

I did like this quote which is basic conservative economics this is for @NPC D4617

"Tax cuts aren't effective at boosting economic growth when the economy is already expanding."

The stock market has a direct impact on what I do, and the growth there has been amazing. The economy and getting in judges that follow the constitution are the two main reasons I voted for Trump and he has accomplished those two tremendously. I don't give a crap about the other stuff he has done in his personal life.

I addressed the other stuff.

The stock market was bad under Obama? Every chart I am looking at shows a constant climb under Obama after the first few months. But it has continued to climb under Trump. I think he has done some good to for the economy. He is definitely pro big business and has given them help. But for the most part the economy has been on the rise for awhile and is continuing to rise. I dont think Obama or Trump should get much credit for a continually growing economy.

Here is a good place to look at the growths of different presidents. The trends seem to show there has been a constant growth since about 2 months after Obama took office until today. Ill give them both a little bit of credit but mostly it is out of their control. The major thing Trump did was a the tax break, which has some effect but not usually in an already growing economy.

The judges are the main reason I would voted against Trump. His personal stuff I do care about but isnt that big of a deal. Although there are more reasons to dislike him than that. As far as judges go I dont support judges with an agenda from either side. I also dont like judges that are more concerned about pushing their moral values on people than making good decisions. I like less government control in my life not more. That is the main problem with republicans now. They are not really all that conservative by core principles. They more just want to force their morals into others lives, which is the opposite of conservative.

Seriously though, has anyone explained yet, what exactly Russia is getting out of this?

Active measures is achieving one's foreign policy goals without resorting to war in order to achieve them. That's how Russia defines "active measures". Obviously, this includes the use of cyberwar in the present era. Trump has been good for some of those Russian foreign policy goals, such as denigrating NATO, and acting with belligerence toward members of the Western alliance. This position by Trump, alone, has got to be music to Putin's ears. Anything that weakens the NATO alliance is a primary goal of Russia's foreign policy. I'm sure hearing Trump say he believed Putin, over America's intelligence community, must also have led to a few toasts over late night dinners in the Kremlin.

Active measures is achieving one's foreign policy goals without resorting to war in order to achieve them. That's how Russia defines "active measures". Obviously, this includes the use of cyberwar in the present era. Trump has been good for some of those Russian foreign policy goals, such as denigrating NATO, and acting with belligerence toward members of the Western alliance. This position by Trump, alone, has got to be music to Putin's ears. Anything that weakens the NATO alliance is a primary goal of Russia's foreign policy. I'm sure hearing Trump say he believed Putin, over America's intelligence community, must also have led to a few toasts over late night dinners in the Kremlin.

Getting trump to Kill the nuclear arms treaty last Feb was one of putin’s Best victories.

Reactions: Red