What's new

Trump might redefine Judaism to be a nationality

What Trump is doing here is attempting to blend hate for jews in general with criticism of a political movement. This is going to blow up in his face.

Edit: Trump, the sitting president, was just barely fined 2 million dollars for defrauding EIGHT different charities and it was barely noticed. There was one post about it on jazzfanz and then it was forgotten. Seems like a kind of big deal yet no one is talking about it. I think we are going to easy on Trump and letting too much **** slide tbh

It's truly amazing how this kind of thing that would absolutely tank any other president goes under the radar.

Just so you know, if Obama suddenly decided that all mormons are now considered utahns or all Catholics are now considered Italian or all Jews are now Israeli then I would criticize Obama thought process on it too.
Obama wouldn't say something like that though of course. He wouldn't say any of the stupid **** Trump spews on a daily basis.

Trump gives us more material to criticize than any other president in history.

Edit: Trump, the sitting president, was just barely fined 2 million dollars for defrauding EIGHT different charities and it was barely noticed. There was one post about it on jazzfanz and then it was forgotten. Seems like a kind of big deal yet no one is talking about it. I think we are going to easy on Trump and letting too much **** slide tbh

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I didn't know that was going on with Trump right now. I'm gonna have to Google now.

So, I will stick to what I said. I can join the Jewish faith without becoming a citizen of Israel. You are not negating that statement, IMO. You are simply stating the Law of Return would allow me to become an Israeli national. It is not a requirement that I do so upon my hypothetical conversion.

You can become a Jew without becoming a citizen, but you can't become a Jew without becoming eligible for the citizenship. Isn't that how all jus sanguinis countries work?

Anyway, I think we may differ here on the meaning of ethnicity and nationality. I consider them synonymous. I think the way you're using nationality is the way I would use the word citizenship.

Thriller is right. That is fake news. Probably some foreign country named Hillary placing ads on Facebook and meddling in our elections.
Of course you wouldn't believe it and it's fake news to you. I know how you think. Trump is too godlike to do any wrong in your eyes. He owns you. You bought what he sold you. Your "chosen one"

Of course you wouldn't believe it and it's fake news to you. I know how you think. Trump is too godlike to do any wrong in your eyes. He owns you. You bought what he sold you. Your "chosen one"

No, its just that the left has become the boy that cried wolf a 1000x over. I cant trust anything they have to say. If they can collude with the FBI to make up fake crimes on our president, then they can surely make this up too. Sorry, thats what happens when you lie that often to people. I see no reason to believe this garbage. Its today's salacious story about Trump and tomorrow's fake debunked news most likely. I see no reason to give it any thought. Then its on to the next BS story. The left is now moving so fast from one story to the next so desperately, that now no one cares or pays attention. Tell me thats not what just happened here with this story.

No, its just that the left has become the boy that cried wolf a 1000x over. I cant trust anything they have to say. If they can collude with the FBI to make up fake crimes on our president, then they can surely make this up too. Sorry, thats what happens when you lie that often to people. I see no reason to believe this garbage. Its today's salacious story about Trump and tomorrow's fake debunked news most likely. I see no reason to give it any thought. Then its on to the next BS story. The left is now moving so fast from one story to the next so desperately, that now no one cares or pays attention. Tell me thats not what just happened here with this story.
Baaaaaa

But anyone can be Jewish right? Just meet the requirements of the faith. So every race and ethnicity could technically be Jewish. Seems strange but ok

"Jewish" can refer to the religion, the citizenship, the ancestry, or the way you were raised, and each of them is independent of the other three.

People who criticize Islam are called racists. Islam is a religion, not a race. However, I'm sure you can Google plenty of articles telling you that Islam is a race.

People who criticize Muslims (as opposed to Islam) often focus on Arab Muslims, ignoring Indian Muslims, Indonesian Muslims, etc. Focusing on Muslims only from a specific ethnic group, at the very least, mingles in racism with religious bigotry.

Anyway, I think we may differ here on the meaning of ethnicity and nationality. I consider them synonymous. I think the way you're using nationality is the way I would use the word citizenship.

Well, I do confess to being somewhat confused. But, anyway, maybe just as an aside, in the case of the United States, ethnicity and nationality are not synonymous. I'm an American by nationality, mostly Irish by ethnicity. I usually call myself Irish American, even though it's been about 170 years since my family stepped off the boat. But I'm not American by ethnicity. i guess only Native Americans can make that claim. Many Americans describe themselves by combining ethnicity with nationality, as in Irish American, Italian American, etc...

I'm an American American. I have 1/24000 native American ancestry so I am obviously native American by ethnicity. That's what I put on the census anyway, as I do not want to disrespect my family's long legacy since my great-great-great-great-grandmother was 1/4 Cherokee.

I'm an American American. I have 1/24000 native American ancestry so I am obviously native American by ethnicity. That's what I put on the census anyway, as I do not want to disrespect my family's long legacy since my great-great-great-great-grandmother was 1/4 Cherokee.

Thanks Lizzy Warren

Just so you know, if Obama suddenly decided that all mormons are now considered utahns or all Catholics are now considered Italian or all Jews are now Israeli then I would criticize Obama thought process on it too.
Obama wouldn't say something like that though of course. He wouldn't say any of the stupid **** Trump spews on a daily basis.

Trump gives us more material to criticize than any other president in history.

Obama violated all norms by governing by executive order but you didn't care because you liked his liberal politics. The Clinton family utilized their charitable foundation to attract massive contributions, speaking fees and other money from foreign entities by you didn't care because you liked their liberal politics. Biden sold influence by looking the other way when his unqualified son landed lucrative contracts related to the VP's work but it doesn't matter to you because you like his liberal politics.

Trump has lots of dirty laundry. Those who support his policies do not care because they have become inured to the fact that the left and the media are going to look the other way when it comes to leftist wrongdoing and they are going to attempt to bring the hammer down whenever the believe someone on the right has made a misstep. Republican politicians who fear the wrath of the left have been castrated and mowed over by the left so often that conservatives have PTSD. A guy like Trump is certainly not the the type of candidate that Republicans would prefer, but given the fact that so many others have been so ineffective and he has been so productive it shouldn't surprise anyone that his base is very happy with him. It's stunning that he continues to make progress in the face of the relentless headwind that he has faced since before his presidency began.