What's new

Trump Won

People never use words with any kind of precision because words are symbols.
Very true.

Today's "liberals" are not "liberals" at all. They are intolerant misfits hell-bent on making asses of themselves until every else agrees with them.
Projection.

According to some (critics)
According to whom? Would this be the some that are deliberately recruited by some rich people for spouting non-stop partisan takes, regardless of their truth, so some other people can be told comfortable lies?

her tween was nothing to do with "Memorial Day".
I did say it was about D-Day.

But I remember when Trump was harassed about a false report that he cared more for his hairdo than soldiers.
I also remember when he said McCain wasn't a war hero, and that the people who died for the country were suckers.

People who vest high hopes in "fundamentally transforming" America and who want to do all the damn work they can to unsettle peoples' fond assumptions about their way of life can hardly even understand what US soldiers ever fought for.
Which explains Trump's inability.

You stated only minorities can be victims of genocide, which is false.
Except, it's not, unless you define "minority" strictly by headcount.

My dog would eat your dog, that's the only relevance I need. If it came down to you and me surviving and only one of us would make it out, I would live you would die, that's relevance.
:rolleyes:

I'd live, because I would form alliances with all kinds of people, and we would survive as a group.

Why do you hate Caucasians?
You're not important enough to be hated.

I'm guessing sometime in the past you had a fight and never made up so now you and dictionaries aren't on speaking terms.
According to babe, I'm way into dictionary definitions as my sole source of what words actually mean.

Being that I live in the land where Woke is the native language, let me help you out.
Nothing like the use of "woke" in a negative fashion to let you know where a person really stands.

When the aggregate population
Yawn. Women are more than 50% of the population, and have minority status in every relevant way. Palestinians outnumber Israelis, and have minority status in every relevant way.

On that topic, the terms People of Color is also out of style. It is now Black and Indigenous People of Color or BIPOC because the Wokes weren't happy the Asians were referring to themselves as People of Color.
How ind of you to lecture us on your approved terminology, while again using "woke" ironically. Very revealing.

Don't ever, ever use the term Latinx. Hispanic people HAAAAAAAAATE it. I'm not usually one to racially stereotype but that is one rule that seems pretty universal.
Oddly, I was just listening to a person on NPR last night who insisted on self-identifying as Latinx. It's almost like there is no single "Hispanic" way of thinking.

Nothing like the use of "woke" in a negative fashion to let you know where a person really stands.
I’ve never hid the ball on where I stand. I’m extremely Liberal socially and Chicago School Neoliberal economically. I’m staunchly anti-Progressive. I believe Progressivism is cancer and it doesn’t matter if it is right-wing Progressivism or left-wing Progressivism.

Women are more than 50% of the population, and have minority status
Because math is hard. You could say that women have been historically disadvantaged. They aren’t “minorities”.

Oddly, I was just listening to a person on NPR last night who insisted on self-identifying as Latinx.
Was it while you were on the way to immerse yourself in Hispanic culture at Taco Time?

I’ve never hid the ball on where I stand. I’m extremely Liberal socially and Chicago School Neoliberal economically. I’m staunchly anti-Progressive. I believe Progressivism is cancer and it doesn’t matter if it is right-wing Progressivism or left-wing Progressivism.
Yet, the notion of being "woke" is entirely about being "liberal socially", that is, being aware of the injustices that people face on a daily basis. Odd how so many "liberal socially" libertarians don't mind throwing oppressed people under the bus.

Because math is hard. You could say that women have been historically disadvantaged. They aren’t “minorities”.
On the contrary, math is easy, so easy even a libertarian can do it. Understanding is hard.

Was it while you were on the way to immerse yourself in Hispanic culture at Taco Time?
I have no idea to what "Taco Time" refers. I was on my way to Wal-Mart to pick up groceries. How does that change what I heard, or my more general point on non-uniformity?

Yet, the notion of being "woke" is entirely about being "liberal socially", that is, being aware of the injustices that people face on a daily basis.
Not at all. Being aware of injustices that people face on a daily basis is a Progressive idea. It is not a Liberal one. The majority of people (meaning a portion over 50%) use the word ‘Liberal’ incorrectly so you have plenty of company, but Liberalism is a philosophy that is incompatible with the idea you just described.

Liberalism promotes Individual Rights, Civil Liberties, and Free Enterprise. Progressivism promotes Group Rights, and correcting Group Injustice or Inequality. They are ideas in opposition. Liberalism holds that Individual Rights are not to be infringed by the group while Progressives hold the greater good is served by doing what is best for the collective even if that comes at the expense of the individual.

I recognize that I am in the minority (meaning a portion under 50%) in using the classic definition of the word as opposed to the modern nonsense of thinking it is a synonym for Democrat or Progressive but I’m okay with that.

Odd how so many "liberal socially" libertarians don't mind throwing oppressed people under the bus.
Odd how Progressives, in being so focused on the status of groups, become blind to how racist they are.

Last edited:
Not at all. Being aware of injustices that people face on a daily basis is a Progressive idea. It is not a Liberal one. The majority of people (meaning a portion over 50%) use the word ‘Liberal’ incorrectly so you have plenty of company, but Liberalism is a philosophy that is incompatible with the idea you just described.

Liberalism promotes Individual Rights, Civil Liberties, and Free Enterprise.
Injustice and oppression hamper individual rights, civil liberties, and free enterprise. Of course, that's not a mathematical equation, so it might be too much for a libertarian.

Why are cranks so fond of Random Capitalization?

Progressivism promotes Group Rights,
Are you supposed to capitalize fictional concepts?

and correcting Group Injustice or Inequality. They are ideas in opposition. Liberalism holds that Individual Rights are not to be infringed by the group while Progressives hold the greater good is served by doing what is best for the collective even if that comes at the expense of the individual.
You seem to have a funhouse mirror notion of progressives.

I recognize that I am in the minority (meaning a portion under 50%) in using the classic definition of the word as opposed to the modern nonsense of thinking it is a synonym for Democrat or Progressive but I’m okay with that.
If you really subscribed to the classic definition of the word, you'd be a progressive.

Odd how Progressives, in being so focused on the status of groups, become blind to how racist they are.
It was completely expected that this video was totally confused about how progressives think, in part because the people who wrote were more focused on white grievance than real comparisons.