What's new

Udunka bout to get some-Today 1:00 PM

Couldn’t we have drafted Bane instead? Oof what a whiff
Could've drafted a handful of obviously better prospects for our situation (and early results on three off the top of my head are demonstrably much more promising [Bane, McDaniels, Maledon]). That's why a significant contingent had a meltdown here and continue to grumble.

Could've drafted a handful of obviously better prospects for our situation (and early results on three off the top of my head are demonstrably much more promising [Bane, McDaniels, Maledon]). That's why a significant contingent had a meltdown here and continue to grumble.
Shades of the Oliver Hanlan pick or when we had a really high 2nd round pick that we traded for a bag of beans.

Hughes has played two games worth of basketball in the best part of a year in the lead up to the 5 matches he played for the stars, coming off an ankle injury with zero practice with a newly formed team.

Hughes has played two games worth of basketball in the best part of a year in the lead up to the 5 matches he played for the stars, coming off an ankle injury with zero practice with a newly formed team.

Good info for those of us who haven't followed what's going on with him, thanks.

He got brutalized tonight by two guys: Rayjohn Tucker and Paul Reed who was a very late 2nd round pick.
Tucker? The guy we paid a few pennies for and who sucked last year? That guy chewed up Hughes? ****, what a bust. We could’ve just resigned Tucker. Failing to nab McDaniels or Bane might’ve really screwed our chances of winning.

I don’t get how anyone could’ve seen McDaniels in a gym and thought, “yeah he’s okay. But he’s no George Niang. So we’re good, let’s draft a guy who can give us Udoh production instead!”

It just boggles the mind. Like worse case scenario, McDaniels is Kelly Oubre, right?

Not what you said on draft night... I told y’all... buncha hindsight going on when some here were all over this ****.
Yes, absolutely, I was wrong. But I also wasn’t operating with the understanding that Favors was likely incoming. The pick made much more sense when our frontline consisted of Rudy and Bradley not Rudy and Favors with the MLE.

As I remember, I wasn’t against the other prospects. I honestly didn’t know much about them since I didn’t watch much college ball last year due to professional work and with the tournament cancelled. I defended the Jazz because I understood that they were concerned with the weak frontline. I had no clue that a deal with Favors was even possible.

Favors incoming makes the Udoka pick over these superior talents even worse. What the hell were they thinking?

McDaniels alone would’ve been the most talented player we’ve drafted since Mitchell. And honestly his ceiling might even be higher...

besides the injury part I'm sure what you said applies to just about everyone else who's in that G-league bubble. Let's not pretend that getting practice time during Covid is only made difficult exclusively for Eliza Hughes.

and staying healthy is part of the game too. or else D.Rose should be the GOAT and DedEx should be an allstar or at least become our long term starting point guard if it wan't for his injuries. Hughes has had issues with his conditioning dated way back to his years with Syracuse, which i'm sure is well featured on his scouting report. NBA is cruel sometimes so it's player's job to stay ready when called upon. Hughes will only have himself to blame for being out of game shape and not up for the challenge.

Last edited:
Yes, absolutely, I was wrong. But I also wasn’t operating with the understanding that Favors was likely incoming. The pick made much more sense when our frontline consisted of Rudy and Bradley not Rudy and Favors with the MLE.

As I remember, I wasn’t against the other prospects. I honestly didn’t know much about them since I didn’t watch much college ball last year due to professional work and with the tournament cancelled. I defended the Jazz because I understood that they were concerned with the weak frontline. I had no clue that a deal with Favors was possible.

Favors incoming makes the Udoka pick over these superior talents even worse. What the hell were they thinking?
As I remember I clearly told yo *** that we’d bring in a vet and laid the whole thing out for you and you scoffed like it was the stupidest **** you ever heard. So please don’t act like no one saw that coming... you don’t get to come in here and act like you can’t believe we missed on these guys after ******** on those who called they shot in real time.

besides the injury part I'm sure what you said applies to just about everyone else who's in that G-league bubble. Let's not pretend that getting practice time during Covid is only made difficult exclusively for Eliza Hughes.

and staying healthy is part of the game too. or else D.Rose should be the GOAT and DedEx should be an allstar or at least become our long term starting point guard if it wan't for his injuries.

Never stated covid made it difficult for only Hughes, if fact I think you will find that there has been no G league standouts throughout the 15 games or so that they played. Trevon Bluiett for example shot just 28% from 3 having shot 42% last season. A quick glance over the stats of players and looked like most players struggled to find their shooting touch which is to be expected but is also why it stupid to make any definitive statements on any of the players who featured.

He had one low key, poorly timed injury. Can happen to any player, lets not talk about possible health concerns.

As I remember I clearly told yo *** that we’d bring in a vet and laid the whole thing out for you and you scoffed like it was the stupidest **** you ever heard. So please don’t act like no one saw that coming... you don’t get to come in here and act like you can’t believe we missed on these guys after ******** on those who called they shot in real time.
Good thing I work for the Jazz, your ire is duly noted.

Never stated covid made it difficult for only Hughes, if fact I think you will find that there has been no G league standouts throughout the 15 games or so that they played. Trevon Bluiett for example shot just 28% from 3 having shot 42% last season. A quick glance over the stats of players and looked like most players struggled to find their shooting touch which is to be expected but is also why it stupid to make any definitive statements on any of the players who featured.

He had one low key, poorly timed injury. Can happen to any player, lets not talk about possible health concerns.
well, that's why Bluiett is only on a G-league contract and won't get picked up by any NBA team anytime soon. Hughes is currently making nearly ten times as much money and should be held to a higher standard. As far as i know there are guys like Paul Reed who are ready and ballin in the bubble right now and will probably get rewarded with either PT in NBA after G-league is over or offers from NBA teams if they haven't signed one yet.

This year's G-league is only played through March 11 and as things stand that is probably it for Hughes rookie season. We all thought DedEx was just some unlucky kid with poorly timed injury but as it turns out he's just injury proned in general and will never be ready. So Hughes gotta capitalize on his limited opportunity soon or else i doubt we bring him back after his second year.

Can someone catch me up on the severity of his injury? I did a quick search and didn’t find what I was looking for. Thx.

Good thing I work for the Jazz, your ire is duly noted.
Just thought it was cute that you came in here complaining about the pick when you were adamant that I was wrong on draft night.... and I was spot on.

Sorry for calling your bull ****.

Can someone catch me up on the severity of his injury? I did a quick search and didn’t find what I was looking for. Thx.
Ive seen nothing. For all we know his foot could have been amputated. The good news is if he’d had surgery I think we would have heard about it.

Just thought it was cute that you came in here complaining about the pick when you were adamant that I was wrong on draft night.... and I was spot on.

Sorry for calling your bull ****.
To which i was very clear in saying I was wrong and yet you’ve ignored that and have posted twice attacking me for defending the Jazz on draft night. But please, “keep calling my ********.”