What's new

UK fired football coach (attn: BYU fans)

The talking heads on the radio today were saying Gary Anderson is in the running for the job, but PKM claims it's a done deal with Petrino. Who's right and who's wrong?

The talking heads on the radio today were saying Gary Anderson is in the running for the job, but PKM claims it's a done deal with Petrino. Who's right and who's wrong?

No no no .. it is no done deal. In fact, talks have soured a bit. I know the 4 names on the list, but I'm keeping that to myself .. one is not Gary Anderson.

... and why not? Does UK think they're too good for Gary?!

I've never heard Gary's name associated so I couldn't tell ya'.

Having said that, we know what we are .. a terrible fb team in the undeniably elite conference bringing mega bucks. We're looking for a splash.

No no no .. it is no done deal. In fact, talks have soured a bit. I know the 4 names on the list, but I'm keeping that to myself .. one is not Gary Anderson.

So one of the names is for sure not Gary Anderson, but the other 3 could be. Got it.

So one of the names is for sure not Gary Anderson, but the other 3 could be. Got it.

Haha, hedging my bets..

No, Gary is not on the list. There's an NFL offensive coordinator (name escapes me atm), Kirby Smart, Petrino, and one other I will not mention.

Haha, hedging my bets..

No, Gary is not on the list. There's an NFL offensive coordinator (name escapes me atm), Kirby Smart, Petrino, and one other I will not mention.

Oh, Kyle Wittingham. Okay, got it. Thanks.

Who's the Jazzfanz' resident Duke fan? I know that Indian kid that went to Duke was one(ItinerantOne I think was his name)...but there was somebody else that posts more actively. Maybe it was Hantlers.......whomever it is....I must say I'm disappointed you didn't rub PKM's dirty nose in that Kentucky loss.

Who's the Jazzfanz' resident Duke fan? I know that Indian kid that went to Duke was one(ItinerantOne I think was his name)...but there was somebody else that posts more actively. Maybe it was Hantlers.......whomever it is....I must say I'm disappointed you didn't rub PKM's dirty nose in that Kentucky loss.

Hantlers was/is, but gone.

I made it hard to rub my nose in it because prior to the game I called a 12pt loss. Too early in the season. In March we win by 10+, win it counts.

Official: I just got a call, just now, from the UK AD. We hired Bobby Petrino. Will be made public within 7 days.

I actually dont think its that bad of an idea.

Will probly end bad, but worth the gamble.

Believe it or not, UK has one of the absolute toughest compliance dept's in the country. Sandy Bell is perhaps THE most respected person, period, in that field. We do take keeping our noses clean very seriously. Bring on the bashing, haters, but it's true.