What's new

United States COVID-19 Tracker

We just crossed 200,000 people in the U.S. I think we’ll be at a million before the end of the month, possibly much earlier if Texas and California explode like I think they will.

There are fundamental reasons why Texas and California will not match New York.

"Social Distance" on a heavily crammed packed subway, where the enlightened have reduced the number of trains, just doesn't look the same as on an LA Freeway or the woods of grassy hills of California, or the open ranges in Texas. "The Sun is Ris, The Sun is Set, and I ain't outta Texas Yet."

People are really not getting out and about much and most food service is take-out drive thru.

At 28,000 cases today. The states who’ve yet to report had almost exactly 10,000 new cases yesterday. Looks like a major jump today. Possibly to 40,000.

And sorry, there’s not a ****ing chance I’m buying those numbers in Florida, Texas or California. They’re either not testing like they should be, don’t have enough kits or it’s about to explode.

Might have a jump to about 1,200 deaths too. Could start seeing 2,000 a day by the end of next week.

Massachusetts Gov. Baker announced the creation of Covid-19 community tracing collaborative:

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/04...ity-tracing-massachusetts-partners-in-health/

BOSTON (CBS) — Massachusetts is stepping up its efforts to trace cases of the coronavirus with a first-in-the-nation tracking initiative. Gov. Charlie Baker announced Friday that a COVID-19 community tracing collaborative between the state and the nonprofit Partners In Health will be up and running by the end of the month.

“There is tracing happening now, but this program that we’re talking about today is a much more robust, targeted approach that we have, to be highly effective at slowing the spread of this highly infectious disease,” Baker said in a news conference. “It’s going to be a big part of our ongoing effort to manage and fight our way through COVID-19.”