What's new

Unleash Brantley

Do Quin or the better players on the team have trouble calling out vets? Sorry, but Jeff Green sucks and his effort blows. I'm not sure what the issue would be with lighting a fire under his *** while simultaneously bringing Brantley up as a sign that the former's horrific play can't continue.

If Green gets the message and plays better, cool. If not, pull him early. Throw Niang in. If he sucks, throw Brantley in. Make it an open ****ing tryout.

Quin is a funny guy. He tends to stick with vets through thick and thin. It's like the younger players have cooties. Right now JWF is shooting 55% from 3 and Howard is over 60% in the GLeague. Oni is the Stars leading assists guy. More than once this year the vets have laid an egg.

Conley could absolutely use a pick-n-pop guy. Needs one, it seems. Um, Brantley. How long can this continue?

Reactions: SCS
Do Quin or the better players on the team have trouble calling out vets? Sorry, but Jeff Green sucks and his effort blows. I'm not sure what the issue would be with lighting a fire under his *** while simultaneously bringing Brantley up as a sign that the former's horrific play can't continue.

If Green gets the message and plays better, cool. If not, pull him early. Throw Niang in. If he sucks, throw Brantley in. Make it an open ****ing tryout.
On Niang: ehh. Just give Brantley the chance ahead of him so we can at least see what we might have. We know what Niang is, and it's usually quite bad and without any good flashes.

Something that I don't think gets talked about nearly enough is Brantley's passing game. He whips one-handed passes with either hand right on the numbers and his assist numbers show that. He just has a really good feel for the game while also being an absolute monster.

Last edited:
Something that I don't think gets talked about nearly enough is Brantley's passing game. He whips one-handed passes with both hands right on the numbers and his assist numbers show that. He just has a really good feel for the game while also being an absolute monster.
That was the first time I had noticed that in the video above.

He’s like the reincarnate of Bolomboy but with less rebounding and more fundamental skill.

When I went to a summer league game Brantley instantly stood out as the only guy on the Jazz who looked NBA-ready.

Something that I don't think gets talked about nearly enough is Brantley's passing game. He whips one-handed passes with both hands right on the numbers and his assist numbers show that. He just has a really good feel for the game while also being an absolute monster.

At first I wondered how that works but quickly realized you meant with either hand. :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using JazzFanz mobile app

Great idea you idiot. Let’s make the team worse.

Conley could absolutely use a pick-n-pop guy. Needs one, it seems. Um, Brantley. How long can this continue?

What the hell happened to that double high screen action we used to use? I haven't seen that used ONCE this season. Theoretically it should work far better with Rudy/Bojan as the screeners than it did with Rudy/Favs because we can attack more ways out of it. Mike could come off either screen. Bojan could slip, roll or pop. Rudy could slip, roll or stay to set a second screen. Bojan could be the pick and pop guy Mike needs. We just aren't maximizing what we have offensively.

What the hell happened to that double high screen action we used to use? I haven't seen that used ONCE this season. Theoretically it should work far better with Rudy/Bojan as the screeners than it did with Rudy/Favs because we can attack more ways out of it. Mike could come off either screen. Bojan could slip, roll or pop. Rudy could slip, roll or stay to set a second screen. Bojan could be the pick and pop guy Mike needs. We just aren't maximizing what we have offensively.
We’re not even doing basic stuff like a pick-n-pop with Conley and Bojan. It’s pretty far into Weird Territory.

Reactions: SCS
If you had been in a coma, or were missionary in June and just started reading this thread you'd likely conclude Brantley had been a lottery pick and the jazz are currently 4-15.

Still, I wish Jazz would play Brantley or any the youngsters. And wish they'd bring back coach Igor.

This should be said too. I think coaches sometimes fear upsetting the delicate sensibilities of vets for some sort of hierarchal reasons. They’re vets, rookies are just that. While that may be a natural fear to have, I think we’ve seen enough success stories of rookies over the last dozen years or so of guys who come kick ***, and rather than upset the chemistry of the team, re-ignite a passion and help create a great team vibe.

This can work both ways.

This should be said too. I think coaches sometimes fear upsetting the delicate sensibilities of vets for some sort of hierarchal reasons. They’re vets, rookies are just that. While that may be a natural fear to have, I think we’ve seen enough success stories of rookies over the last dozen years or so of guys who come kick ***, and rather than upset the chemistry of the team, re-ignite a passion and help create a great team vibe.

This can work both ways.
Are you some sort of genius philosophy major?