What's new

Unleash Brantley

Brantley isn't quite ready for the big league. He needs to tighten up his defense, move his feet better, and make a higher percentage of his spot-up 3s. He's coming along though. Some of the stuff he can do in the G-league, like running the offense and getting all the way to the rim to score, doesn't translate as well against big NBA defenders. You see a couple instances here where he gets stopped on drives and gets blown by once or twice.

That said, he put up 19p/8r/3.6a/1.5s last year in the G-league, so I'm not sure exactly what playing more in that league is going to do for him. He shot 33% from 3pt, and he needs to get that up to 36% or 37% to get real rotation minutes. Really, he's just waiting his turn on a deep roster. If he were playing on a team like Detroit or Cleveland, he might break into a rotation.

Last edited:

This guy better get a roster spot. And a shot to earn some ****in minutes.

Right there with you
Agree. It’s been time... my worry is the Brantley unleashes himself from the Jazz.
I just don’t understand how they’ve chosen to handle him. It seems like he’s overlooked. I too fear we will just let him walk. He has a good feel for offense and seems like a willing defender. I’m a fan of Niang, but would gladly give his position on the team to Brantley

Wouldn't matter if we never gives him any PT. I'm hopeful though cuz we are still thin at the 4

As I mentioned I saw him in summer league and he stood out, but after watching those highlights I'm kind of blown away. That dude is a player.

Right there with you

I just don’t understand how they’ve chosen to handle him. It seems like he’s overlooked. I too fear we will just let him walk. He has a good feel for offense and seems like a willing defender. I’m a fan of Niang, but would gladly give his position on the team to Brantley
His defense is top notch at times... his focus isn’t always great. He’s the type of body we need on defense. He strikes me as a do **** player (guys that do **** without the ball). We need to put a few do **** players in the second unit. I’m guessing the plan is to have the top 8 guys get the vast majority of the time and sprinkle in Oni and Niang.

I'll take the ups and downs with Brantley just to get another athletic defender out there on the court.

He should be next in line but he’s probably third.
They were thinking about it but there’s this other idea where they get NWG on the floor and move everyone else up a position. It’s a good plan but it requires patience. Can’t fully evaluate its effect until next off-season, at the earliest.

I'm intrigued enough with Brantley to keep him on the team another year.

I can definitely see one of the bottom feeder teams giving him a shot at rotation minutes off their bench tho - won't be surprised if we've seen the last of him. Hope not.