What's new

UPDATED: 2021 All-Time NBA Draft

John Havlicek (drafted in '62)

View attachment 10972

Revolutionized the game. Bill Russell said he was the best all-around player he ever saw. He practically invented the sixth man (he probably would've won 6MOY six times of them if the award existed at the time), the point forward, and the do-it-all athletic swingman. What he does most is win. Pure competitor, class, and character; all guts and glory.

-Career: 8x NBA champion, 8x All-Defense, 13x All-Star, '74 Finals MVP, all-time leader of points scored in Celtic history to this day.

-Despite being a little past his peak, the season I'm selecting is '73-'74 where he made 1st Team All-NBA and 1st Team All-Defense, then won finals MVP in a 7-game series victory over the Kareem/Oscar Robertson Bucks. Because this is all about winning.
-22.6 PPG, 5.6 APG, 6.4 RPG, 1.4 SPG

Havlicek was one of the premier athletes of his day, recognized to the extent that the Cleveland Browns drafted him to play wide receiver. He was an elite defensive player, became known as one of the best shooters of his era, a terrific playmaker and passer, and tied it all together with all-time hustle and endurance. That attribute made him a huge threat off the ball as a cutter and slasher. In the book "Hondo: Celtic Man in Motion", it is estimated that he ran 3-5 miles per game which is at or above anything seen in the modern game.

He will be running secondary action from the bench, using his movement off-ball to either get him an easy bucket, or get him a head-start as a playmaker. Imagine something not unlike Hayward.

Fun vid. To sum it up, no one took bench rolls seriously in those days, starters usually played 45 min. We are soft, holy hell!! So bench players never played, oh and if you were a bench player, that meant you weren’t good Havlicek thought bench rolls were important, he changed all that. So basically Havlicek was the original sixth man.

Havlicek was the original skills sf he was faster than most sf’s and overpowered sg’s

Bob Cousy thought Havlicek would burn out of the league.

Dave Cowinswas pissed that Havlicek didn’t get talked about as much when he was alive as he did in death among the greatest to ever play.

Great video, learned a lot.

Draymond Green (2015-’16 season)

(seriously watch this video, it breaks it down better and more thoroughly than I ever could)

I could probably trade down and get him, but I'm not ****ing around with that. Yes. I know all the players that are left on the board. That's how great he was, at least/particularly this season. I also know that Draymond will help my team win more than all of them and it's not close.

-Career highlights: Defensive Player of the Year, 3x NBA champion, 3x All-Star, 6x All-Defense, Steals Champion, lead one of the greatest teams of all time in assists for four-consecutive years.

-2015-'16 stats: 14 PPG (shooting 39% on 3.2 attempts from 3) , 7.4 APG (lead team), 9.4 RPG (lead team), 1.4 BPG, and 1.5 SPG.
- .584 TS%, +5.5 box +/- (only second to Steph who had one of the highest ever, no one else came close), 11.1 win shares.
-13 triple doubles, only one of 16 players to ever record a 5x5 (24 points, 11 rebounds, 8 assists, 5 blocks, 5 steals)

He is a one of a kind player, being arguably the greatest ceiling-raiser ever as he is the ultimate glue guy and ultimate garbage man. He’s a legit 5-position defender and anchor of a great defense using guts and brilliance, a 39% 3-pt shooter, and one of the best passing bigs ever. Every time I do research on him, it seems like I learn another way that he is without peer.

He will start.

Nash
Harden
PG
Draymond
Hakeem

Last edited:
Draymond Green (2015-’16 season)

(seriously watch this video, it breaks it down better and more thoroughly than I ever could)

Yes. I know all the players that are left on the board. That's how great he was, at least/particularly in '15-'16. I also know that Draymond will help my team win more than all of them and it's not close.

-Career highlights: Defensive Player of the Year, 3x NBA champion, 2x All-NBA, 3x All-Star, 6x All-Defense, Steals Champion, lead one of the greatest teams of all time in assists for four-consecutive years.

-2015-'16 stats: 14 PPG (shooting 39% on 3.2 attempts from 3) , 7.4 APG (lead team), 9.4 RPG (lead team), 1.4 BPG, and 1.5 SPG.
- .584 TS%, +5.5 box +/- (only second to Steph who had one of the highest ever, no one else came close), 11.1 win shares.
-1st Team All-Defense, 2nd Team All-NBA
-13 triple doubles, only one of 16 players to ever record a 5x5 (24 points, 11 rebounds, 8 assists, 5 blocks, 5 steals;
you can watch in the video below)

He is a one of a kind player, being arguably the greatest ceiling raiser ever as he is the ultimate glue guy and ultimate garbage man. He’s a legit 5-position defender and anchor of a great defense using guts and brilliance, a 39% 3-pt shooter, and one of the best passing bigs ever. Every time I do research on him, it seems like I learn another way that he is without peer.

He will start.

Nash
Harden
PG/Havlicek
Draymond
Hakeem

I almost picked him with my 4th round pick but then realized I couldn’t pick Gobert so I picked Grant Hill

Charles Barkley

Best season. 92-93 season (MVP SEASON)

25.6pts 12.2reb 5.1ast 1.6stl 1.0blk

Barkley was only 6-6, but he played much bigger than he actually was, very skilled at the 4, could grab a rebound and take it coast to coast like a run a way freight train, he was an elite rebounder, he averaged 11.7 for his career. He even led the league one year, and was a skilled passer. He was He wasn’t a good three point shooter but had good touch outside to 20 feet. If he shoots threes on my team I’ll bench him. Lol

As Magic isn’t a true 4, and I can move Magic up and down my lineup so he can do his thing, Barkley will play an important roll off the bench. He’s definitely a top 4-5 pf of all time.

Legends talk about Chuck

Is everybody remembering to put the season of the player they're choosing, BTW? This is important.

If someone wants to make an offer on the pick/player I'm about to select, I will listen. I am also happy picking this player, even though I can't for the life of me understand how they're still here, honestly.

Damian Lillard (2019-'20)

Not sure what has to be said here, but this is his peak (or at least most efficient) season. Easily one of the best shooters ever, and he is in a category with Steph off-the-dribble that nobody else belongs to.

-30 PPG, 8 APG
-40% from 3 on 10 attempts a game, a bananas .627 TS%
-26.9 PER, .225 WS/48, +7.5 box +/-