What's new

UPDATED: 2021 All-Time NBA Draft

Looking to move up. I’m offering my 7th and 8th round picks (#78 & 91) for an OTC pick and I’ll take back your lowest pick. PM me if interested.

I have a question. If our first 5 picks have already been made are we allowed to trade for different eras or do the top 5 players drafted on our team still have to meet the criteria?

For example, I draft from all 5 eras listed but want to trade someone drafted in the 1990’s for someone drafted in the 2000’s.

I think we should be allowed to do that as long as our first five picks were made correctly.

I have a question. If our first 5 picks have already been made are we allowed to trade for different eras or do the top 5 players drafted on our team still have to meet the criteria?

For example, I draft from all 5 eras listed but want to trade someone drafted in the 1990’s for someone drafted in the 2000’s.

I think we should be allowed to do that as long as our first five picks were made correctly.
I basically think that a person's first five selections should only be able to be traded for another's first-five selection and maintaining the decades rule. Otherwise, it creates a loophole, but yes, once those picks are selected, they would be hard to trade (it would basically force trades from each person to be decade-for-decade if the players were selected with a person's first-five picks).

The second-half selections/a person's 6th-10th selections should be a free-for-all, though.

Bottom line is that I just wouldn't want a loophole that allows for circumvention of the rules as it defeats the point of implementing them.

Last edited:
I personally think we should be able to trade for whoever we want once our picks are made bit that's just my opinion

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I basically think that a person's first five selections should only be able to be traded for another's first-five selection and maintaining the decades rule. Otherwise, it creates a loophole, but yes, once those picks are selected, they would be hard to trade (it would basically force trades from each person to be decade-for-decade, though).

The second-half selections/a person's 6th-10th selections should be a free-for-all, though.

That's the way I lean. I don't know if we're communicating effectively, I just wouldn't want people circumventing the rules as it defeats the point of implementing them.
There has already been trades made with players who were selected from different eras so we would have to go back and undo all of those trades and picks if we didn't allow different era trading...

Thee has already been trades made with players who were selected from different eras so we would have to go back and undo all of those trades and picks if we didn't allow different era trading...

His first five selections abide by the era requirement. Nobody said you couldn't do trades so long as the first five picks are as such.

Maybe I'm not being clear if it seems Thee doesn't meet the criteria.

If we allowed for a 1990's player from picks 6-10 to be traded for player from the pre-80's in another person's 1-5 selections, it would create an avenue for circumvention. It would allow for people that fetishize a certain era to wiggle out of the requirement fairly easily. The point is to try to break up those preferences. If I didn't have to draft someone pre-80's, I probably wouldn't, and if I could essentially wiggle out of it, I would.

Thoughts, everyone? @Wes Mantooth ?

Last edited:

Considering there has already been diffrent era trading it is allowed or we have to redo more than half of the draft to undo those trades

What’s the point of making us pick different era’s in first five picks if we are going to allow different starting lineups in the end with era’s that aren’t all different. We need to hold to that rule IMO.

What’s the point of making us pick different era’s in first five picks if we are going to allow different starting lineups in the end with era’s that aren’t all different. We need to hold to that rule IMO.
Ok let's go back to the first cross era trade grease everything and start over half the draft oh wait we can't to that if they have been able to do that before this was brought up we can still do it

Ok let's go back to the first cross era trade grease everything and start over half the draft oh wait we can't to that if they have been able to do that before this was brought up we can still do it

What are you talking about? All lineups seem fine?