What's new

UPDATED: 2021 All-Time NBA Draft

Sorry his pick came in slightly delayed. Pick was made prior to the trade the league office had a little hiccup. Woj broke the trade news prematurely and is getting reamed for it.
So this is funny. But. Like. At most, you could do the trade simultaneously, which is yet again a gray area that we haven't explored and I'm frankly not wanting to explore.

I think the board of governors/GMs/league office should weigh in here. Also, did we ever get an official ruling on allowing cross-era trades (from the "first-half" picks)? I honestly think this flouts the rules.

So should we go back to me sitting at 70 without the trade to wait for wed or just proceed?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

So this is funny. But. Like. At most, you could do the trade simultaneously, which is yet again a gray area that we haven't explored and I'm frankly not wanting to explore.

I think the board of governors/GMs/league office should weigh in here. Also, did we ever get an official ruling on allowing cross-era trades (from the "first-half" picks)? I honestly think this flouts the rules.

I mean if you really want to get technical we can rescind the trade and then repost it right now if you want us to.

Also, consensus was yes on the cross-era trades.

So should we go back to me sitting at 70 without the trade to wait for wed or just proceed?

We could just proceed if you want to. But I also think you have an outsize say in this. It's definitively a gray area that wasn't explored (and I don't have to keep Dwight, I just thought he was a great value and pairing with Nash from the bench).

I'm good with whatever Im fine with the trade that was made but it would be money to have Dwight lol

I'm good with whatever Im fine with the trade that was made but it would be money to have Dwight lol

Yeah, but you made the most of it and I think your team is maybe even better now after thinking about it (assuming we're rolling with it). Your passing is substantially improved versus the alternative (although taking Melo is a bitter pill, but as a 6th man I think it works).

Yeah, but you made the most of it and I think your team is maybe even better now after thinking about it (assuming we're rolling with it). Your passing is substantially improved versus the alternative (although taking Melo is a bitter pill, but as a 6th man I think it works).
There was two reasons I had to take him
1. Like you said I think he works as a sixth man rather than a starter
2. There was quite litterallly no one else worth picking from 2000-2009 smh

If you've read that top-to-bottom, you should be institutionalized.

There is some very interesting stuff in there. Like the Bulls drafting Travis Knight with pick 29 in the 1st round in 1996 but not wanting to sign him to a three-year guaranteed contract which was the minimum so they just renounced him and he became a free agent.

There was two reasons I had to take him
1. Like you said I think he works as a sixth man rather than a starter
2. There was quite litterallly no one else worth picking from 2000-2009 smh

(I'll spare the details, but it's a big reason I took Harden where I did. Turns out the 2000's were kind of dreck in terms of depth outside of a handful of spectacular players)

(I'll spare the details, but it's a big reason I took Harden where I did. Turns out the 2000's were kind of dreck in terms of depth outside of a handful of spectacular players)
Yeah I looked at it and was shocked how little stars were there I was banking on Dwight getting to me but I think I made the most of a not ideal situation

Some players are more valuable in this draft than in previous drafts due to the first five picks rule for sure.

Some players are more valuable in this draft than in previous drafts due to the first five picks rule for sure.
Like, I still feel like I got great value, but god damn does Harden have some warts (likely literally). Absolutely stunning strengths though, but, yeah.

@Domino pulled off his goal though: 5 good/great defensive players to start.

Did it ever get figured out which year of Pippen's we're using, BTW?