What's new

UPDATED: 2021 All-Time NBA Draft

Players didn’t have the power back then as they do now. Players run the league now more than they ever have in the past, leaving teams high and dry.

It’s cute though how you’re trying to win this argument, just stop, there’s no way that will happen.

Everyone is laughing at you. You’re the typical old man who thinks about the good old days that weren’t even that good. You make **** up to fit your argument and romanticize the past. It’s so typical it’s actually funny that you are exactly like that.

Kareem literally forced his way out of Milwaukee and wanted to go to Knicks or Lakers. Guess what he ended up going to the Lakers.

So weird. I could of sworn Thee said stars from small markets didn’t leave their teams to join a powerhouse back in the day.

New idea:

We open up trading across all eras (maintaining the original first-five pick era rule, of course), but at the end of the draft you still have to have at least one player from every era (this draft is deep enough for that to have ramifications)? I'd like a rule that is relatively simple, and at this point, there just isn't one that clarifies/answers this question. Sufficient?

@Wes Mantooth
@Coach Ellis
@White Chocolate
@Thee Idiotic Minivan K
@Rubashov
@Hekate
@gandalfe
@JoelHodgeJr
@toddychurch
@Domino
@homeytennis

Last edited:
New idea:

We open up trading across all eras, but at the end of the draft you still have to have at least one player from every era? Sufficient to seriously consider?

@Wes Mantooth
@Coach Ellis
@White Chocolate

Yes, also we should still adhere to the rule of your first five picks have to be from different eras. I think almost everyone has completed that though.

New idea:

We open up trading across all eras (maintaining the original first-five pick era rule, of course), but at the end of the draft you still have to have at least one player from every era (this draft is deep enough for that to have ramifications)? I'd like a rule that is relatively simple, and at this point, there just isn't one that clarifies/answers this question. Sufficient?

@Wes Mantooth
@Coach Ellis
@White Chocolate
@Thee Idiotic Minivan K
@Rubashov
@Hekate
@gandalfe
@JoelHodgeJr
@toddychurch
@Domino
@homeytennis
Not sure if I understand, but what I think you are saying is I could trade Magic from 70’s era for Shaq, 90’s era, but at the end of the draft I have to have five guys in my starting lineup from all different era’s? Am I correct?

Not sure if I understand, but what I think you are saying is I could trade Magic from 70’s era for Shaq, 90’s era, but at the end of the draft I have to have five guys in my starting lineup from all different era’s? Am I correct?
No. To start, we have already established a rule regarding lineups and I am 1000% against changing that.

You simply have to have at least one player from every era on your roster, you do not have to start them. It's not what I was aiming for originally, but it means something with how deep this draft is (beyond that the eras rule for picks 1-5 also had a meaningful impact).

It's my best effort at a relatively simple rule because it's really easy for this to either be overcomplicated or over-restrictive.

New idea:

@Wes Mantooth
@Coach Ellis
@White Chocolate
@Thee Idiotic Minivan K
@Rubashov
@Hekate
@gandalfe
@JoelHodgeJr
@toddychurch
@Domino
@homeytennis
I like this. My vote would be yes.

No. To start, we have already established a rule regarding lineups and I am 1000% against changing that.

You simply have to have at least one player from every era on your roster, you do not have to start them. It's not what I was aiming for originally, but it means something with how deep this draft is (beyond that the eras rule for picks 1-5 also had a meaningful impact).

It's my best effort at a relatively simple rule because it's really easy for this to either be overcomplicated or over-restrictive.
Ok, so one player from every era in first five picks, but they don’t all have to start?

Dwight Howard (2008-'09)

1626984485976.png1626984661886.png

Nash gonna be running the second unit (likely - though not necessarily - an early sub out, then sub in). Nash and Dwight 2-man game gonna crush in those minutes.

Career highlights: 3x Defensive Player of the Year (consecutive), 8x All-NBA, 8x All-Star, 5x All-Defense, 5x rebound champ (consecutive), 2x block champ (consecutive).

2008-'09 season
(erring on the side of youthful prime, though his impact was basically the same for four years):
-21 PPG, 14 RPG, 3 BPG
-25.4 PER, 13.8 win shares
-Defensive Player of the Year, All-NBA 1st Team, All-NBA Defensive 1st Team

A simply and utterly dominant player in his prime, plus Steve Nash.

Last edited:
Dwight Howard (2008-'09)

View attachment 10974View attachment 10975

Nash gonna be running the second unit (likely - though not necessarily - an early sub out, then sub in). Nash and Dwight 2-man game gonna crush in those minutes.

Career highlights: 3x Defensive Player of the Year (consecutive), 8x All-NBA, 8x All-Star, 5x All-Defense, 5x rebound champ (consecutive), 2x block champ (consecutive).

2008-'09 season
(erring on the side of youthful prime, though his impact was basically the same for four years):
-21 PPG, 14 RPG, 3 BPG
-25.4 PER, 13.8 win shares
-Defensive Player of the Year, All-NBA 1st Team, All-NBA Defensive 1st Team

A simply and utterly dominant player in his prime, plus Steve Nash.

Just earholed @Domino lol