What's new

Utah -Atlanta trade idea

juds101

Utah does this trade, to get back a scoring 2 guard, (That is much needed) and to add a little D to there team.

Atlanta does this trade to get back some money freedoms after this year. While adding some important potential freedoms. Fez would allow Horford to move back to the 4. Hayward could be the glue guy between Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams. Price is just a throw in player (because Atlanta's pg spot is a bit weak). And AK's gone to New Jersey in the offseason.

Utahs depth chart
Dwill-Watson
Crawford-Bell
Smith-Miles
Millsap-Elson
Jefferson-Memo

I just like Smith better then Marvin Williams. And Smith is, just like an old AK but with a more reasonable contract. And we could lock Crawford in this summer for what it would take to keep AK (something like 3 years and 25 million)

This is only worth talking about if Crawford agrees to an extension before the trade. No way you give away young talent like Hayward only to lose a player after 35+ games.

with an extension, I'd consider it...

Sorry I'd fix the tile but I don't know how. And I just tried it and the link worked. But the trade is Ak, Hayward, Fez, and Price 4 Josh Smith and Jamal Crawford. And I agree, I'd want Crawford to sign an extension too. So good point!

Wow, another trade that increases Utah's wins by 3 and DECREASES the other team significantly. Unless you're Memphis, you don't do these types of trades.

Wow, another trade that increases Utah's wins by 3 and DECREASES the other team significantly. Unless you're Memphis trading with the Fakers, you don't do these types of trades.

Fixed.

Who knows? Sometimes, teams trade some wins, for some financial flexabilities. Examples; Knicks, Memphis, Miami, Bulls, Utah (Brewer, Harpring, Maynor), Sacramento. So why not hope that Altanta sees that theres noway they can play Horford, Johnson, Williams, SMith, While giving a new contract to Crawford. Why not take a risk with Fez, Hayward(whoses a lotto pick) Price and some freedom with Ak's contract? It wouldnt be the craziest trade to ever Happen.

Who knows? Sometimes, teams trade some wins, for some financial flexabilities. Examples; Knicks, Memphis, Miami, Bulls, Utah (Brewer, Harpring, Maynor), Sacramento. So why not hope that Altanta sees that theres noway they can play Horford, Johnson, Williams, SMith, While giving a new contract to Crawford. Why not take a risk with Fez, Hayward(whoses a lotto pick) Price and some freedom with Ak's contract? It wouldnt be the craziest trade to ever Happen.

Dream on!

I usually don't do this, but I got the following unsigned neg rep:

"Wow, who the heck do you think you our? Oh I know an IDIOT!!!"

Thanks OP for proving my point.

Good hell, people. Atlanta has 8 signed for $63.6 million next season. The reality is they might not be able to afford Crawford and he could walk to the highest offer. You could try reading an Atlanta Hawks forum or Atlanta newspaper to get inside their heads before writing things off because they don't immediately make sense to you.

Crawford is obtainable to the least lopsided offer that saves Atlanta some cash (i.e. talent on cheap deals).

Good hell, people. Atlanta has 8 signed for $63.6 million next season. The reality is they might not be able to afford Crawford and he could walk to the highest offer. You could try reading an Atlanta Hawks forum or Atlanta newspaper to get inside their heads before writing things off because they don't immediately make sense to you.

Crawford is obtainable to the least lopsided offer that saves Atlanta some cash (i.e. talent on cheap deals).

Thanks for the great input! Just Hope that Hayward, Price, and Fez would be enough youth talent. Id probably listen to an offer of Jamal Crawford (with a signed deal, like 3 years 25 million, like kg when he went to Boston) and Marvin Williams for AK, Hayward, Fez. Crawford is what the Jazz need!