What's new

Utah Jazz 2018-19 Championship Bus CHOO CHOO

I prefer to imagine him getting to the level of kobe, lebron, jordan, curry, kd, etc. mvp level with some superstar calls from the officials and some overexagerrating to get some calls without it being retarded and at all time high levels. I dont need mitchell to be historic at getting to the line by miles. I would rather see him make field goals than free throws. Also would like him to be a champion like those guys instead of bounced in the playoffs every year. Swoon
A player can be elite mvp level player without being treated by the officials the way harden does and without acting like harden does. I prefer that.
To each their own though.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
Literally every player worth a damn in the league exaggerates calls. you think Steph and LeBron could do what Harden does and just don't because of 'integrity of the game' or something? All great players draw 'fouls' as much as possible and Harden just happens to be the best at it. It's just weird for me to draw the arbitrary line where now it bugs me because it happened a couple more times than when another player did it.

But I know I'm in the minority, just trying to explain the reasoning.

Harden also the league leading scorer if FT's weren't a thing btw.

Literally every player worth a damn in the league exaggerates calls. you think Steph and LeBron could do what Harden does and just don't because of 'integrity of the game' or something? All great players draw 'fouls' as much as possible and Harden just happens to be the best at it. It's just weird for me to draw the arbitrary line where now it bugs me because it happened a couple more times than when another player did it.

Its a big difference between what they do. A lot of players do exaggerate what Harden does is a lot more than that.

Harden would be the league leading scorer without FT's right now. But he is also taking a lot more shots than anyone else in the NBA. He attempts 4 more per game than the next closest player.

Personally I think he is a star player but If I had a team and could choose any player I would take Curry, Durant, Lebron, Kawhi, Davis, Paul George, and Giannis over him. So I guess that makes him the 8th best player in the NBA to me.

Personally I think he is a star player but If I had a team and could choose any player I would take Curry, Durant, Lebron, Kawhi, Davis, Paul George, and Giannis over him. So I guess that makes him the 8th best player in the NBA to me.
Just so it’s clear. George is the only one of those I’d even have to think about. So I’m mostly in agreement. But if any of those seven were perceived the same way Harden is, I’d defend them against the masses too.

I know exactly why people don’t like him. But dude put the ****ing team on his back in a way I can’t remember these last couple months. Wins are wins the ‘how’ isn’t as important to me. No one fakes this level of production. I’ve said my piece though, I’m not trying to fight every Harden hater, I get it.

Just so it’s clear. George is the only one of those I’d even have to think about. So I’m mostly in agreement. But if any of those seven were perceived the same way Harden is, I’d defend them against the masses too.

I know exactly why people don’t like him. But dude put the ****ing team on his back in a way I can’t remember these last couple months. Wins are wins the ‘how’ isn’t as important to me. No one fakes this level of production. I’ve said my piece though, I’m not trying to fight every Harden hater, I get it.

PG13 is the one I was debating on. I agree wins are wins. Harden has been playing incredibly well. They are playing .500 basketball over their last 10 games though. He is putting up amazing stats. Its not all him since his team kind of sucks around him though. I think its fine to like and enjoy watching him, I just dont.

I said right in my post that I want Mitchell to exaggerate calls lol.
I just don't want it to get to a retarded all time high embarrassing point where there are a bunch of "highlight" videos of the stupidity and gifs about his travelling, and defenders guarding him with their hands literally behind their backs etc etc.
Like it or not, harden is different than Kobe, LeBron, kd, etc. He is on a whole other planet when it comes to getting calls and bending the rules.
I simply prefer DM to be more like they other superstars I mentioned rather than harden. Again, I'm fine if you would rather have him imitate harden. To each their own. I would rather have him thought of more like Kobe and Jordan than harden.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

That's where we differ. The how we win matters to me. I don't just want a winner. I want a winner that I'm very proud of and I enjoy watching. I don't want DM to be like Westbrook, or boogie, or draymond, or harden even if we are winning. I don't like those players and find them annoying.
I want him to win like superstar players players that I do like. I'm weird like that I guess.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Jazz are surging while the Rockets, Spurs and Thunder are falling. Denver and Portland are also underperforming the Jazz based on last 10 games. Another 10 games like that and Jazz will be roughly in 4th and only 2 - 3 games or so out of second.

Gobert questionable tonight with hamstring stuff. Don't let him play if he's going to make it worse. Give Favs the keys tonight and tell him to go wild.
Especially since Minny is coming off a back to back. They played late last night in LA. This will be there 4th game in 6 nights.

Harden killing it, in eye pleasing fashion.

Are the Rockets really gonna beat the Raptors? God dammit.

9-25 from the field, 2-13 from three, 4 turnovers, negative 8 in plus minus. Not especially eye pleasing to me. Luckily he got his usual **** load of free throws and was 15-15 from the line. They did beat the raptors though. Impressive for sure.

9-25 from the field, 2-13 from three, 4 turnovers, negative 8 in plus minus. Not especially eye pleasing to me. Luckily he got his usual **** load of free throws and was 15-15 from the line. They did beat the raptors though. Impressive for sure.

Well that post obviously didn’t age well. But it was true when I said it.

Just like Mitchell’s final shooting line after he started out hot.

Well that post obviously didn’t age well. But it was true when I said it.

Just like Mitchell’s final shooting line after he started out hot.

Ya i didnt watch the game but heard that the rockets kind of collapsed at the end. Rockets are missing a bunch of dudes and they just beat the raptors. Harden is doing amazing things. And my criticism of him getting a bunch of free throws by the refs usual coddling doesnt take into account that they won a close game so its likely that the raptors were intentionally fouling him at the end.

Now we matched up with the Thunder again in the playoffs. Let's see if we can improve that. . .

Some games with implications tonight but unlikely to go in our favor unfortunately.

Rooting for celtics to beat the warriors (not that that one will be likely to matter but ya never know)
Rooting for 76ers to beat nuggets in denver (This is probably the most important one tonight. Go sixers!)
Rooting for hawks to beat blazers (ya right)
Rooting for pelicans over the spurs (kind of a win win though)
Rooting for pacers over grizzlies (not worried about the griz anymore though)

OP updated

1 Golden State Warriors 34-14
2 Denver Nuggets 32-15 (1.5)
3 Oklahoma City Thunder 30-18 (4)
4 Portland Trail Blazers 30-20 (5)
5 Houston Rockets 28-20 (6)
6 Utah Jazz 28-22 (7)
7 San Antonio Spurs 27-22 (7.5)
8 LA Clippers 27-22 (7.5)

9 Los Angeles Lakers 25-24 (9.5)
10 Sacramento Kings 25-24 (9.5)
11 Minnesota Timberwolves 24-25 (10.5)