What's new

Utah Jazz 2018-19 Championship Bus CHOO CHOO

Being stuck behind the Nuggets in the standings makes me ill. There's no way we should be behind that team. We should be where they are. They couldn't even make the playoffs the last two years while we were making the second round.

Being stuck behind the Nuggets in the standings makes me ill. There's no way we should be behind that team. We should be where they are. They couldn't even make the playoffs the last two years while we were making the second round.
They were super-injured.

Also, they play a good style of basketball, so you’re just hatin’.

The Jazz were 20-20 and have gone 12-4 (.750) over their last 16 games. I think they can go 18-8 over their last 26 games to get to 50 wins.

The Jazz need to win 3 or 4 of their next 6 games and at least 6 of their next 10. That'll be a real test.
I remember going over their last 20 games and had them going 15-5

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I've been calling 50 wins since the New Year

At the beginning of the year, people were predicting the Jazz to have 53 - 56 wins. I came in at 55. I guess we've underachieved a little by those standards. It's possible we could get to 51 or 52 if things go well, but we have to beat some good teams -- OKC, LAL, Den, etc.

I'm thinking the trailblazers lose tonight putting us only 1.5 games behind them

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

One game out of the fourth seed. Good times because last year we were like 5 games out of the 8th seed and nobody ahead of us would lose.

This is tough. 4 or 5 seed seems most likely. I’d like our chances in the first round, but then it’s GSW.

3 seed seems less and less likely. 6 would put you against OKC on the road (probably, if that becomes Denver, different story) and even though we just whooped that ***, PG scares the hell out of me this year. And OKC just seems really good, I don’t want to play them again. BUT if you win that series you get to play the Nuggets (or OKC, or a team that upset one of them) for a chance at the conference championship, which would be awesome.

I guess there’s not much you can do but hope for Jazz wins, and hope some matchups go your way. But I’ll definitely be monitoring the seeding for that #6...

I'm afraid if we finish in 4th or 5th we're going to end up playing Houston in the first round. I don't see us winning that series.

If we were really savvy, we'd sit in the 7th seed, beat Denver in the first round, beat OKC in the 2nd round and push GSW in the WCF. Then get the 17th pick in the draft and use our pick and a player to move up a few spots to get one of these strong wings--Hunter, Hachimura, Okpala or Doumbouya.

Home court advantage only matters if the series goes 7 games, and actually it's nice to play Game 1 on the road and feel out the other team without feeling too much pressure to win. That's how we beat the Clippers and Thunder. I think we could beat the Nuggets in 6 games. Gobert needs to slow down Jokic and our wing defenders need to pressure their perimeter shooters. I think that's a good matchup for us.

We're not going to have home court in the 2nd round anyway. If we're in the 4/5 matchup again, our second round will be at the Warriors.

The Rockets lost tonight. The Blazers are up a bucket on the Warriors at half, but hopefully the Warriors catch fire and beat them. The Clippers are obviously going to beat the Suns. Can't wait for those 3 more games against the Suns, BTW.

I really don't think the Lakers will make the playoffs. The way things are shaping up, it will take 45 wins to get that 8th spot in the West. The Lakers are one game under .500 at the moment. They would have to finish 17-8 to do that. And we're assuming that other teams will not also kick it up a notch. We discovered last year how tough it can be to climb out of a hole. Everyone else is fighting hard as well, and barring injuries, teams that are currently occupying a playoff spot are unlikely to post a losing record the rest of the way. The Lakers locker room is downright poisoned right now and LeBron would probably have to run himself into the ground for them to suddenly win two-thirds of their games.

Was bummed to see that the Blazers beat the warriors. But then I saw the house of highlights Instagram video where Collins yells “**** you hoe” in Klay’s ear as they walk up the court.

I’m not bummed at all anymore. 100% worth it lmfao.

Was bummed to see that the Blazers beat the warriors. But then I saw the house of highlights Instagram video where Collins yells “**** you hoe” in Klay’s ear as they walk up the court.

I’m not bummed at all anymore. 100% worth it lmfao.
Link, pls.