What's new

Utah Jazz @ Cleveland Cavaliers, Monday December 20, 2010 5:00 PM MST

//r00t 4 Jazz

Well suck no game thread yet, lets see if I can do better this time.

utacle_logos_250.gif

The Cleveland Cavaliers host the Utah Jazz as both teams look to win back-to-back games. Cleveland beat the Knicks on Sat. (first win since losing to the Heat in Clevland) and the Jazz beat the Bucks.Mo Williams finished with a season-high 14 assists and Anderson Varejao had a season-high 17 rebounds, 10 of which were offensive also held the Knicks to 41.1% shooting.

I found it interesting that the Jazz haven't won back to back games since the last time they played the Bucks Nov. 29th and then next game they beat the Pacers Dec. 1st. Jazz are 10-1 against eastern conference teams and while they've been a poor rebounding team they did out rebound the Bucks 46 to 31. The Jazz haven't won in Cleveland since LeBron was drafted despite almost winning last year with out DWill. Good news no more LeBron so I'm hoping that 6yr streak comes to an end tonight.

0.jpg

utacle_091114_01.jpg

78247159.jpg

77957996.jpg

77957985.jpg

*edit* also no news yet on who the Jazz will keep inactive but nobody is out tonight due to injury.

To say The Cavs "held" The Knicks to 41% shooting is being a little generous. I caught stretches of that game - both teams were awful. Daniel Gibson shot a robust 4 of 20. And that was The Cavs only win in the last 10.

No excuses - Jazz should steamroll over this team.

My guess is that Hayward wears a suit tonight. Tough luck on the no back-to-back wins for a while thing. The Cavs are playing like garbage right now so a loss here would be a pretty big let down.

Losing either one of the next two will be quite the embarrassment. Two hapless clubs that are the toilets of their respective divisions who look completely lost out there more often than not. We have to take it to 'em both LONG, FAST, AND HARD. No excuses, none, will be acceptable if we lose either game.

This game could be over quick if the Jazz get too excited in the first quarter and blow their pent up energy all over the place.

Look for the Jazz to put in 4 quarters of work and walk away with a W tonight as a result.

Seems like one of those games the Jazz overlook and then have a tough time coming back against a team launching a barrage of 3-balls. Hopefully this isn't the case.

I expect Evans in a suit; a game like this would (should) be perfect for Hayward to get some extended burn.

Mo Williams credits Jazz for starting his career off right

SOURCE

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Cavaliers point guard Mo Williams credits coach Jerry Sloan and the Utah Jazz with starting his career off right.

A second-round draft choice of the Jazz, Williams played just one season in Utah, but it was a beneficial one for a rookie learning how to play in the NBA.

"I learned the game,'' Williams said after Monday's shootaround and before Monday night's game against the Jazz at The Q. "That's a system that teaches you how to be a hard-nosed player. Obviously you're going to get that trait from Jerry....

"My time there was great. I always give Jerry Sloan and Phil [longtime assistant coach Phil Johnson] the utmost respect. I love those guys. They started my career off right.

I couldn't have gone to a better place to learn how to play this NBA game, learn work ethic, learn how to work hard and compete. I'm very glad for that opportunity.

"Unfortunately, it was only one year, but I learned a lot in that year. That year has gotten me to where I am today _ learning the game inside out, learning how to be a professional.

Asked about the beauty of Sloan's system, Williams said, "You've got to guard all five guys. A lot of teams in this league run a lot of sets where it's a two-man game or a three-man game. A lot of times in their offense, five guys are moving at one time and whoever's open is going to get the ball.''

Seems like one of those games the Jazz overlook and then have a tough time coming back against a team launching a barrage of 3-balls. Hopefully this isn't the case.

I expect Evans in a suit; a game like this would (should) be perfect for Hayward to get some extended burn.
Late-breaking news from 1320 KFAN: While working out with Kyrylo Fesenko, Mehmet Okur incurs a right ankle sprain.

Unlikely related to the Achilles injury, the talking heads are speculating, except that he was still not fully recovered.

Okur will be inactive tonight, which means that Evans is probably activated.

[Maybe Big Fes took the loss of playing time into his own hands << ducking >> . . . .]

Locked On Sports
In pre-game workout at Quicken Loans, Memo Okur left the floor after tweaking something (couldn't tell what) and went back to locker-room

Locked On Sports
Memo Okur was going through drills v. Fesneko. Got tweaked stepped to side and walked off floor without a significant limp.

Late-breaking news from 1320 KFAN: While working out with Kyrylo Fesenko, Mehmet Okur incurs a right ankle sprain.

Unlikely related to the Achilles injury, the talking heads are speculating, except that he was still not fully recovered.

Okur will be inactive tonight, which means that Evans is probably activated.

[Maybe Big Fes took the loss of playing time into his own hands << ducking >> . . . .]

Fes: "Dammit Memo please tell me you are not hurt!!!! :)

With a win tonight Jerry Sloan ties Pat Riley for third all time on the NBA coaching win list

...with a loss tonight...the Cav's gain more ping pong balls, with the hope of securing the #1 draft choice....and begin the long and arduous rebuilding process of replace Lebron James!

Memo is out tonight. He twisted his right ankle. Luckily it was his right, and not his left. Hope it's not too serious.

Okay I see this was already posted. Anyway I hope Memo won't miss too many games due to this.