What's new

Utah Jazz @ Milwaukee Bucks, 6:30pm mst

//r00t 4 Jazz

Well aren't we just a bunch of downers too sad or apathetic for a game thread. Here is my best attempt using 5min or less to create one.

images

images

images

And lets end this with hopefully how the Jazz will leave tonight.

images

Tough game. Andrew is back. I hate his personality with a passion but have to give credit to him; he has been the best center in the East lately. Leads the league in blocked shots and if you watch his games, you can see that he makes even players like Parker, Manu hesitate to go inside. Bucks beat Mavs in Big D, it took a noncall travel resulting in a stepback game-winning J by Ginobili for SAS to beat them. Game pace is quite low and they go after every ball. I expect a battle.

The biggest problem right now to me is starting the games slowly. BigAl's and Paul's ineffecient shot selections and not playing with a sense of urgency at the beginning have lots to do with it. I might be wrong, that's my observation.

Since the team essentially take the other day off, no excuses regarding tiredness, jetlag or whatever.

I don't usually start threads but when I do I prefer dos aquis. Apologize for bad joke and thread if I had the time I would've included injuries, inactive players and a little bit of series history, recent play and opinion on the game

We have almost no perimeter game right now. That makes things tougher for our bigs who are a bit undersized already.

We have almost no perimeter game right now. That makes things tougher for our bigs who are a bit undersized already.
Two obvious solutions:
Make the perimeter taller (sub CJ in for Bell) and younger (ditto).
Make the interior taller (sub in a 7-footer--maybe even try Okur (although he was part of expanding the double-digit deficit last night).

For most of the year, I haven't really been convinced by Bell, and this game isn't giving me any more comfort. Let CJ have more time, poor shooting night notwithstanding last night.

Update: As predicted, Sloan does reward Okur's deficit damaging performance last night with a promotion to first big off the bench. Sloan's "adjustment" is driven by foul calls, prompting Sloan to put in Okur when AJ logs two. If Okur actually proves to be better, fine. But he hasn't yet, and shouldn't be promoted / rewarded for nothing.

And it's Kirilenko who sits down, making room for CJ. In other words, Sloan makes the wings shorter. Simply brilliant.

Memo is moving tentatively, as I guess you'd expect. He's slowed a bit, and I'm not a fan of his fade-away. Memo needs Al and DWill on the floor with him to be more effective.

I don't like Okur out there. It's not like he is doing anything wrong but overall team looks weak with him on the court for some reason.

I don't like Okur out there. It's not like he is doing anything wrong but overall team looks weak with him on the court for some reason.
Neither do I.

And now Sloan goes back to AK at the 4. Maybe it works with a shorter Bucks lineup. But I'm not convinced.

I wonder if AK has a jump hook. His inside move is to throw his arms up and hopes the ref bails him out.

nights like this, where it's working from deep for cj then he should let it fly.

the thing that will remove him from being a "chucker" comes from the maturity to know how to get it going in other ways once he has missed a shot or two from range.

overall a pretty unemphatic effort from the Jazz in the first half and still almost a tie game...

let's see the road warriors we've come to know this season in the second half