What's new

Utah Jazz roster 2023-2024

It'd be cool if Hardy randomly started Dunn, THT and Sexton on a game-by-game basis just to make life tough for the other teams' PG.

I believe he and Yurtseven both have non guaranteed deals and the FO might be viewing who is on the waiver wire before pulling the trigger.

Dunn, THT, Ochai play bigger than their size. I think a Dunn, THT, Ochai, Lauri, Kessler lineup would be the a good rebounding/defensive lineup.

Oh and if the Jazz wants to win, then when Dunn is on the floor the team needs to be Dunn centric. I am sorry, but it is the truth. He plays much better when the offense is spaced. Him driving one on one guarantees a good shot or a good pass nearly every time. But you have to create the conditions for him to succeed. Clarkson doesn't need that, Lauri doesn't need need it either. However if you do this for Dunn, then the team's offense becomes potent in terms of efficiency.

Oh and if the Jazz wants to win, then when Dunn is on the floor the team needs to be Dunn centric. I am sorry, but it is the truth. He plays much better when the offense is spaced. Him driving one on one guarantees a good shot or a good pass nearly every time.
Dunn will be 30 years old this season. He's been a pro for a while and played the exact same type of ball the entire time. And where did that get him? In the G-League. Why? Because his personal brand of heliocentric, paint-heavy combo guard play is horribly inefficient in the long run. I'm sure he enjoys a spaced court, but he takes a ton of time dribbling to his favorite spots and likes to take tough floaters. If that was such a recipe for success, Dunn wouldn't have ended up in the margins of the league, fighting for his career.

Now, the above only applies to a misguided scenario where the offense is "Dunn centric", as you said. I've been pretty happy with Kris when he's reined in his worst tendencies and functioned more as a facilitator. He may be our best point guard, which is something that really gives you pause... but I digress.

I'm fine with giving guys second chances if they deserve them, and Dunn has certainly been a model citizen during his time in Utah. He can be a useful player. But the days of "Dunn-centric" offenses are long past.

So our roster is?

PG - THT / Sexton / George
SG - Clarkson / Agbaji / Sensabaugh
SF - Lauri / Samic / Simmone
PF - Collins / Hendricks
C - Kessler / Kelley