What's new

Utah Jazz Vs L.A. Lakers Oct.4th at 7pm

The problem is that defenses won't collapse once they realize you're not looking to score. That was one of Exum's biggest problems. Defenses just blocked the passing lanes when he drove, giving him as much space to drive as he wanted (which he didn't take advantage if). It really limited his utility on the offensive end.

I agree, but he seemed more decisive than Dante and I think he has better vision at this point (Dante is still so young). Dante was still able to find guys when he drove because out of habit guys would still collapse.

I do want to see Neto shoot more of that 15 footer and a couple spot up threes to see how limited he will be. Also, want to see him try to finish at the rim.

I just think he could be a better facilitator than Dante was last year and provide a similar defense punch. He doesn't have Dante's elite length, but I see really good lateral movement and good hands. I want to see it against Chris Paul and not Jabari Brown though before I get too far ahead of myself.

I think Raul will find spots where he can get his offense. Limited as it may be, there will be spots he finds more comfortable. When you're transitioning between leagues, you rely first on what you're good at... the other stuff comes later.

After one game I'm already pulling for him to be the starter on opening night.

Need a bigger sample size but I was really impressed with Neto. Great vision, good court awareness, and had great defensive hands. He has a very different rhythm to the way he plays defense. Could tell it caught guys off guard. Again we need to see it more, but if he can replace what Dante gave us defensively that would be great. Offensively I think he will be a greater threat because he was willing to drive... it was obvious though that he was not driving to shoot, but just collapsing the defense has some offensive value.

I thought Trey looked good that first quarter. Seems to be faster and got out ahead of the defense a couple times. i think we will be fine at point guard but may have a bit of a conundrum with what to do with Burke. Traditional wisdom says bring him off the bench, but I think that gives him a license to chuck which is when he gets in trouble... But I really want to see what happens when you have a facilitator on offense (Dante was not that last year) who can also disrupt things at the point of attack when Favors and Gobert are sitting behind him.

I thought it was a good sign last night. I wish Trey would hit a couple more open shots though.

Yeah, I thought Trey looked exactly like he should look in the 1st quarter. He just has to hit his open 3's. His shots looked good though. He didn't force anything or take any bad one as I recall.

Basically if Burke can shoot >35% from deep with good shot selection he should probably be the starter.

I think Neto make more sense off the bench too. It would give him the ball more as an on-ball creator and give Hood someone to help him out instead of him trying to do too much.

If Neto somehow becomes a reliable open ball shooter, he should probably eventually start, but I think he is better suited pushing the pace on the bench.

I think Raul will find spots where he can get his offense. Limited as it may be, there will be spots he finds more comfortable. When you're transitioning between leagues, you rely first on what you're good at... the other stuff comes later.

After one game I'm already pulling for him to be the starter on opening night.

Exactly, he mishandled a couple dribbles i think due to uncomfortable/nerves. When he got out on fast break and was playing man on man defense he looked phenomenal. His footwork on defense excited me as much as his active hands. There was a play where he cut off Lou Williams on a fast break in the first half and forced a fairly obvious travel (that went uncalled)... that's a good routine NBA play made on an established NBA player.

I want to start him, but again don't want Trey to have a license to chuck. I don't want Trey neutering Burks or Hoods ability to run the second team offense.

Yeah, I thought Trey looked exactly like he should look in the 1st quarter. He just has to hit his open 3's. His shots looked good though. He didn't force anything or take any bad one as I recall.

Basically if Burke can shoot >35% from deep with good shot selection he should probably be the starter.

I think Neto make more sense off the bench too. It would give him the ball more as an on-ball creator and give Hood someone to help him out instead of him trying to do too much.

If Neto somehow becomes a reliable open ball shooter, he should probably eventually start, but I think he is better suited pushing the pace on the bench.

Agree with all of this... The only caveat is I do want to see Neto in there with the first team defense, but I'm not sure if Neto is that good of a defender or if he just owned Jabari Brown. The loss of Exum sucks because I wanted to see what he would do this year, but I think Raul can give us similar/better production than Exum gave us last year.

Raul is also really fun to watch, which is the opposite of Trey.

I liked Favors game, it seems he did some improvements and he seems very confident of his game.

Burks seemed passive but it is normal he didn't play an official game for a long time.

Burke played under control but I'm not impressed at all by his game.

Neto and Pleiss good surprises. I have always been high on Neto.

Gobert played as usual but he it seems he didn't improve his offense.

Hood has to shoot more open 3-pointers.

Hayward is one of the best all-around players in the league.

Last edited:
I loved seeing Joey with the friendly troll on Favors instagram account...

Last edited:
I liked Favors game, it seems he did some improvements and he seems very confident of his game.

Burks seemed passive but it is normal he didn't play an official game for a long time.

Burke played under control but I'm not impressed at all by his game.

Neto and Pleiss good surprises. I have always been high on Neto.

Gobert played as usual but he it seems he didn't improve his offense.

Hood has to shoot more open 3-pointers.

Hayward could become one of the best all-around in the league.

Hood will get more open three's if he starts.

Did Hay have any post-ups? It would be disappointing if he won't be used in the post after those videos.

Did Hay have any post-ups? It would be disappointing if he won't be used in the post after those videos.
Yes. Scored on a post up over Kobe. In fact, it was after Kobe hit a three in G-time's face. Hayward went right back at Kobe in post and drilled it.