What's new

Utah jazz VS Mavericks on ROOT Sports 1280 AM/ 97.5 FM AT 7:00

Decided to look up the Miracle in Miami.
https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2010110914

Jefferson had 28 minutes in that overtime game (Compare that to ~33 minutes he's averaging now, with 100x better backup bigs)
Fesenko had 19, Milsap had 44, Elson had 6:30 *shrug
Damn, just look at that boxscore and tell me we don't have a better team. KOC's done a helluva job
Miles had 30 minutes that game. 12 points on 14 shots.
Bell had 27 minutes, 3 points on 6 shots.
Ronnie Price had ~20 minutes. 5 points on 5 shots.
Ak had ~40 minutes with a great game considering he was probably gaurded by Lebron.

Miraculously enough, Miles had the best +/- in that game. Deron had a great line on him too.

Great win.

I still hate the starting linep, but finally Ty went to a lineup that worked and stuck with it. Actually he's willing to do that more often than not, but the idea the same guys are starting is just blah. Marv and Foye should be on the bench with Hayward and Burks starting (or even better, Hayward/Burks/Foye starting with Tinsley on the bench).

Still plenty of stuff I liked from the game. Burks knocking down a terriffic 3 pointer and hitting FTs (and getting to the line). Hayward lighting it up, especially the move he got in the paint after that bitch Dirk elbowed him in the face. And my favorite moment of the night...Favors slamming that bitch Dirk down on the court. That's my Morgan Jeweler Diamond play of the game.

Decided to look up the Miracle in Miami.
https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2010110914

Jefferson had 28 minutes in that overtime game (Compare that to ~33 minutes he's averaging now, with 100x better backup bigs)
Fesenko had 19, Milsap had 44, Elson had 6:30 *shrug
Damn, just look at that boxscore and tell me we don't have a better team. KOC's done a helluva job
Miles had 30 minutes that game. 12 points on 14 shots.
Bell had 27 minutes, 3 points on 6 shots.
Ronnie Price had ~20 minutes. 5 points on 5 shots.
Ak had ~40 minutes with a great game considering he was probably gaurded by Lebron.

Miraculously enough, Miles had the best +/- in that game. Deron had a great line on him too.

It was probably the 4th quarter and Overtime then that Jefferson was benched. I just remember him being benched.

Great win.

I still hate the starting linep, but finally Ty went to a lineup that worked and stuck with it. Actually he's willing to do that more often than not, but the idea the same guys are starting is just blah. Marv and Foye should be on the bench with Hayward and Burks starting (or even better, Hayward/Burks/Foye starting with Tinsley on the bench).

Still plenty of stuff I liked from the game. Burks knocking down a terriffic 3 pointer and hitting FTs (and getting to the line). Hayward lighting it up, especially the move he got in the paint after that bitch Dirk elbowed him in the face. And my favorite moment of the night...Favors slamming that bitch Dirk down on the court. That's my Morgan Jeweler Diamond play of the game.

I want to see more of the Foye/Burks/Hayward lineup too.

Loved Haywards game.
Glad to see Burks get some burn. Including the 4th.
Kanter was very physical. One day one of those rebound clearing elbows are going to knock some one the hell out.
Great play by Favors taking it to Dirk. I think he got into the Mavs head there.
I want to shank Big Al for his non trying BS.

Favors taking down Dirk was a message not only to Dirk or Dallas. But maybe also to the refs. "Start respecting me, and stop calling phantom fouls. Or I'm going to take some heads with me."

Last edited:
No mention of Marvin re-aggravating his knee on that block? IMO this somewhat explains his erratic contributions, he is who is so he's not always going to have good games but I think this is a good part responsible for so many of his bad games.

IMO the only big that really had a good game was Kanter every other big had good moments but overall bad games. Millsap offense was off and he made some great hustle plays but that same hustle cost him with mistakes, the same could be said for Favors except also add toughness. Al was Al, had good offensive moments but missed some shots and defensive inactivity that drives you nuts sprinkled in with a couple of good defensive plays.

PG (Watson & Tinsley) bad bad play especially Watson, I'm glad to see Foye get used at PG so at least he can space the floor and really Burks & Hayward are more running a 2 guard offense (like after S&M retired) hope to see more of that sprinkled in with Mo hurt.

No mention of Marvin re-aggravating his knee on that block? IMO this somewhat explains his erratic contributions, he is who is so he's not always going to have good games but I think this is a good part responsible for so many of his bad games.

IMO the only big that really had a good game was Kanter every other big had good moments but overall bad games. Millsap offense was off and he made some great hustle plays but that same hustle cost him with mistakes, the same could be said for Favors except also add toughness. Al was Al, had good offensive moments but missed some shots and defensive inactivity that drives you nuts sprinkled in with a couple of good defensive plays.

PG (Watson & Tinsley) bad bad play especially Watson, I'm glad to see Foye get used at PG so at least he can space the floor and really Burks & Hayward are more running a 2 guard offense (like after S&M retired) hope to see more of that sprinkled in with Mo hurt.

It looked to me like Burks was very important in controlling collison toward the end. Our true PG just cannot handle these young quick pg.

someone create an account and post this:

u-mad1.jpg

Hahahaha, **** the Mavs and their fans. Bunch of douchebags.

Nice how they conveniently forgot about Kaman getting in cheapshots all night, not to mention Dirk's elbow on Hayward. The Mavs tried to thug it up, and bitched out when the Jazz fought back.

I hope Marvin's knee isn't too bad. He's our only true SF.
I don't want Carrolle guarding starting SF's. Him and Watson gamble too stupid.