What's new

Utah Trade Deadline Discussion

In Boston he shot 40% from three, and got 1.4 points per shot (more than hayward, hayward just had a higher usage, and more shots), he's also a better defensive player than hayward was, he's a career positive dbpm, hayward has never had a single season of positive dbpm. He's Hayward lite in the sense that he can D up, shoot the 3, rebound, and assist. Lite because he does few of those thing as well as hayward did. He's not going to carry the team like Hay did, but he can provide some of those skillsets. (this is all assuming he can be the player he was in boston)
He isnt a better defender than Hayward at all. His skill set is limited and he is moody.

In looking king at it from an asset acquisition standpoint. . . Jazz should’ve held out for Cedi Osman.

Letting them dump DRose on us to match salaries was a mistake. Unless there’s more to this deal, they should’ve held out until closer to the deadline. Keeping Hood/JJ wouldn’t have hurt them at all. Getting Crowder/Osman would’ve been a huge move if they knew they weren’t going to be signing Hood after the season.

In Boston he shot 40% from three, and got 1.4 points per shot (more than hayward, hayward just had a higher usage, and more shots), he's also a better defensive player than hayward was, he's a career positive dbpm, hayward has never had a single season of positive dbpm. He's Hayward lite in the sense that he can D up, shoot the 3, rebound, and assist. Lite because he does few of those thing as well as hayward did. He's not going to carry the team like Hay did, but he can provide some of those skillsets. (this is all assuming he can be the player he was in boston)

They're not that similar, tbh.

Hayward as absolutely the better defender. No doubt. Don't care what dbpm says, Hayward was better. Crowder is a role player, Hayward was a #1 option. Hard to compare the efficiency in those situations, but if a #1 option is about the same efficiency in a much higher role, they're a much better player. Crowder can handle a little, but doesn't create much. They're just not that similar.

You mean.... the Coach Q Who's Got To Go???
The Coach Q who FINALLY started to fix the problem by subbing out Rudy or Derrick around the 6 min mark of the 1st/3rd to minimize the mins they play together. I didn't watch the Memphis game, but in a previous, I also saw Quin give Rudy a rest in the 4th by inserting Favs and then bringing in Rudy and sitting Favors. Playing the two together creates problems. It's certainly lessened when Rubio shoots well, but Gobert can only convert P&R and lobs. Favors has more range, of course, but he's still best on P&R. So it's crowded to have them both inside.

The win streak has been built around Rudy being willing to sacrifice offense and set more screens. Is he content doing that all the time?

We are extremely poised right now for another big deal (today or in the summer).
5 key guys - Gobert, Mitchell, Ingles, Crowder and O'Neale are signed for the next two years:
2018-19 only $49 million combined
2019-20 only $51.5 million combined

We are very well positioned to do another big trade today that could impact 2018-19 and 2019-20 salaries. What could we get with Burks and Favors? There are a ton of possibilities.

Let me continue. If we hypothetically traded Burks, Favors and our 2nd for Biyombo and Gordon right now, our finances the next two years look like:

2018-19: $49 + $14 Rubio + $17 Biyombo + $25 Gordon + $10 Exum + $1.5 Bradley = $117 (10 players and still have room under luxury)
2019-20: $51.5 + $17 Biyombo + $26 Gordon + $10 Exum + $2 Bradley= $107 (9 players with plenty of room)

Let's go for it. Sure, we might be in the luxury for 2018-19, but we would be out when Rubio comes off after next year. And Biyombo is bye bye after 2019. And this is all if Gordon gets a max which I don't think he does.

In looking king at it from an asset acquisition standpoint. . . Jazz should’ve held out for Cedi Osman.

Letting them dump DRose on us to match salaries was a mistake. Unless there’s more to this deal, they should’ve held out until closer to the deadline. Keeping Hood/JJ wouldn’t have hurt them at all. Getting Crowder/Osman would’ve been a huge move if they knew they weren’t going to be signing Hood after the season.

Exactly. Cavs would have folded they needed us to get their STARTING PG AND SG!!!

The thing about Crowder, he has had one good 3pt shooting season in 6 year career.

Are we sure his one great season in Boston wasnt an outlier?

Let me continue. If we hypothetically traded Burks, Favors and our 2nd for Biyombo and Gordon right now, our finances the next two years look like:

2018-19: $49 + $14 Rubio + $17 Biyombo + $25 Gordon + $10 Exum + $1.5 Bradley = $117 (10 players and still have room under luxury)
2019-20: $51.5 + $17 Biyombo + $26 Gordon + $10 Exum + $2 Bradley= $107 (9 players with plenty of room)

Let's go for it. Sure, we might be in the luxury for 2018-19, but we would be out when Rubio comes off after next year. And Biyombo is bye bye after 2019.

Get ****ed man no one is in the mood for your ****!

He isnt a better defender than Hayward at all. His skill set is limited and he is moody.

Thats a fine observation and not without some truth (moody, i agree), but the stats (take them for what they're worth) disagree. this abysmal season with the Cavs is the only in his 7 year career that he's had a negative dbpm. Every year of Hayward's career he's had a negative dbpm.

I think Jae plays the four almost full time here (like JJ). What fours in the western conference does this hurt us? Aldridge/Gasol, Kat/Taj, Davis/Boogie (if healthy).

I think he becomes our playmaking four and we go smaller... we might move Ingles to the bench to get some creation and put Royce as a starter to get more rebounding... IDK, but I think we use him more at the four than he has been used in the past which makes me feel better about the deal.

Let's go for it. Sure, we might be in the luxury for 2018-19, but we would be out when Rubio comes off after next year. And Biyombo is bye bye after 2019.
No. I’d rather stick with who we have and keep Favors. Think that’s a much better decision long term. Don’t be shocked when they draft Anfernee Simons to fill Hood’s 6th man role in the draft this year (for a fraction of the price).

The thing about Crowder, he has had one good 3pt shooting season in 6 year career.

It's very possible. But 40% on over 5 attempts a game seems hard to fluke to me. I think he's comfortably a 35-38% shooter here, which isn't bad at all.

if i had to guess, I'm thinking Rodney finally stays healthy for a few years and he kills it in the east.

i think it came down to "do we really pay big dollars to a player that we're not even starting at the 2" and the Jazz felt that the answer was no. As for first rounder vs. Jae, again it comes down to which firsts were being offered. If it was a lottery pick? Bad decision, probably. If it was things in the 20s it makes more sense.

Evidently, the Jazz are very very very fond of Jae Crowder and I suppose we should trust them on it

He may not get big dollars though which is the risk.

Get ****ed man no one is in the mood for your ****!

Calm down kid.

If you don't see the numbers as part of this, you're a moron. We have 5 players right now who are severely underpaid the next 5 years. We need to capitalize on that.

Go pout somewhere else if you aren't looking for solutions.

Well we turned JJ into Jae Crowder = win for us

Hood into Rose = too be seen, they average same amount of points but Rose is much better assist guy, in that regard he trumps Hood... I'm trying to be positive

I'd say it's an above average treading water type move, not horrible not great
lmao

its possible. that season though he was taking 5 threes a game for 72 games (394 shots) at 40%. thats a long period with pretty high volume to be an outlier. the real question is, how can we use him like boston did to get that result?