What's new

Vivint capacity 13k to start playoffs

Like the idea that the virus is so small that a mask can't possibly help (while at the same time it can cause you to not be able to breathe and can trap bacteria and make you more sick than COVID). That completely ignores what the mask is intended to do, which is to reduce the amount of virus carrying water droplets that you expel every time you exhale and especially when you talk. The virus is most effective at transmission when people are exposed to the exhaled water droplets from an infected person, not individual virus in dry air or on a surface. But he has access to that info yet chooses to talk about how the virus cannot be stopped by a mask and acts all smug about how that not how viruses work.

He wants to discount the vast majority of deaths from COVID and act like the actual death rate is lower than the average death rate from flu. He should know that the people the flu kills are also usually people with vulnerable health, the old, people with preexisting conditions. But he's counting all of them and comparing it to some number he's making up as the "real" number of COVID deaths.

I mean he's not going to trust your chart because he can simply discount it as some liberal/MSM/guvmnt lie.

Actual deaths solely by Corona dwarf in comparison to any other year of the standard flu.

Also, masks will not and do not stop any virus from coming into contact with you or anyone else. Not how viruses work, not even in the slightest.

Don't @ me cause I don't care about your liberal response.
Liberals and their friggin facts, am I right? Their SCIENCE. Their empirical data. Friggin liberals.

Liberals and their friggin facts, am I right? Their SCIENCE. Their empirical data. Friggin liberals.
It got so annoying that a significant part of the population just decided that from now on they'd just call it all lies.

I sat down to try and respond and in the end will just let it drop. Trying to have a discussion with the left is exhausting. Not worth the effort as no minds will change. As so often happens every time the conservative media sources are discredited and lefties point to the "rich conservative owner" all the while the rich liberal owners and their agenda are seen as the true source of information. There is far more nuance to each of these issues than you are willing to consider and as is so frequently you respond with attacks, blame business owners, cite racism, selectively point to your acceptable science, or what ever your hog wash du jour happens to be. It is impossible to have a discussion about the real issues and ideas with out character assassination and massive distortion of the issues being raised that concern conservatives.

I sat down to try and respond and in the end will just let it drop. Trying to have a discussion with the left is exhausting. Not worth the effort as no minds will change. As so often happens every time the conservative media sources are discredited and lefties point to the "rich conservative owner" all the while the rich liberal owners and their agenda are seen as the true source of information. There is far more nuance to each of these issues than you are willing to consider and as is so frequently you respond with attacks, blame business owners, cite racism, selectively point to your acceptable science, or what ever your hog wash du jour happens to be. It is impossible to have a discussion about the real issues and ideas with out character assassination and massive distortion of the issues being raised that concern conservatives.
Actual points were raised but you’re choosing to not address them. While the bias of your source source is important, I brought up several counter points in posts 48 and 50 that you could address. But I guess that’s too hard.

I receive the conservative point of view from many sources, many of them from people I have a personal relationship with.

I'm honestly tired AF of being accused of not knowing, not having access to and not understanding ultra conservative POV or separately the Trumpian POV. I have access to the information you are basing your opinions on. I disagree with some things, agree with other things and I have my own criticisms of liberal ideology some of which overlaps with conservative criticisms and some that do not.

https://spectator.org/media-coverage-bidens-presidency/. Yep the contrast is astounding. Could you imagine the media coverage if all of his bungles happened under Trump. The media sets the tone and topics of discussion. This is true of sports and Politics
That was a pretty worthless article. I was part of my school newspaper from the 7th grade on and in my 11th and 12th grade years (when I was the editor of the paper for a drop-out school) I would have sent that back to the writer for a redo.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I was a pretty hardcore Libertarian (Objectivist style) in my later high school years and to around 2012 or so.

Last edited:
Those in danger from covid have had more than enough time to get vaccinated. If they haven't yet, that is on them. Time to move on with life everyone.

You and @Scat might find an article like this informative and insightful. People aren’t returning to the service industry for a variety of reasons. Very few if any because of the glorious unemployment benefits the government allotted due to covid.

As someone who worked 3 years in a restaurant, I’d definitely have concerns about salary, benefits, and health concerns. You work in very confined areas. Health and safety in the age of covid would be huge concerns for me as would the low wages. Most restaurants don’t offer health insurance, so you can see why folks would be looking elsewhere.

Those in danger from covid have had more than enough time to get vaccinated. If they haven't yet, that is on them. Time to move on with life everyone.
Unless they are immune-compromised.

Besides, we are moving on.

As so often happens every time the conservative media sources are discredited and lefties point to the "rich conservative owner" all the while the rich liberal owners and their agenda are seen as the true source of information.
That's a really false characterization. Wealthy conservative owners are no reason to distrust a news source (for example, the Tribune company publishes several high-quality conservative dailies). Rather, they are an explanation of why you find so much false content in these sites.

Also,. I see very few posters in here touting the liberal sites (Huffing Post, Democratic Underground, MSNBC) as an authoritative source.

There is far more nuance to each of these issues than you are willing to consider
There are dozens of liberal posters here willing to discuss nuance.

That's a really false characterization. Wealthy conservative owners are no reason to distrust a news source (for example, the Tribune company publishes several high-quality conservative dailies). Rather, they are an explanation of why you find so much false content in these sites.

Also,. I see very few posters in here touting the liberal sites (Huffing Post, Democratic Underground, MSNBC) as an authoritative source.

There are dozens of liberal posters here willing to discuss nuance.
The nuance of the economy is exactly what we wanted to talk about. Nuance was exactly what the article he cited lacked. Rather than merely label Americans as lazy lowlifes living off Uncle Sam’s unemployment benefits, we insisted that there were definitely more factors (nuance) to consider. @ekimebirt became offended at that and disengaged from the thread. Insinuating that his disengagement came because posters didn’t want to discuss nuance is dishonest.