What's new

Waived Players

homeytennis

If the Jazz have to waive Neto and/or Niang for cap purposes can they sign them back or are the estopped from signing them like the traded players to Memphis.

Don’t think they have to trade anyone if they swap Bogdanovic for Favors. I’m certain the Jazz would structure the deal to account for that so they can keep them.

I don't know the answer but some people seemed to think that one or both might have to be cut to get under the cap.

Last edited:
Once the bigger names guys have signed and eaten up the majority of cap room, which of these guys could we get for the vet minimum?

Dedmon
VC
Robin Lopez
Ed Davis
Isaiah Thomas-kick the tires?
Ish
Pachulia
O’Quinn
Noah
Gibson
Vonleh
Boban
Lin
Koufos
Sef

Koufos would actually be a very underrated pickup. He's improved his game a lot over the years.

They are and you are right there. I was wondering if the LHM Group could suddenly make him a very well compensated care salesman for awhile if they had to waive him.

Dedmon signed a big deal with the Kings. I would think Kofas, Lin, Sef and Noah.

Kings actually signed value deals.. 3 years 40mil for dedmond isnt too much

harry barnes 4 yrs 85 and it's descending

trevor ariza 2yr 25 mil

they put out the QO to Cauley-Stein too, thats the next domino to fall for them i think.

ESPN 700 is making it sound like both Neto and Niang will be back so that leaves five openings and the two ways to fill.

Once the bigger names guys have signed and eaten up the majority of cap room, which of these guys could we get for the vet minimum?

Dedmon
VC
Robin Lopez
Ed Davis
Isaiah Thomas-kick the tires?
Ish
Pachulia
O’Quinn
Noah
Gibson
Vonleh
Boban
Lin
Koufos
Sef

Vonleh would be nice if he was on a cheap contract.

Can we waive Niang and pick up a vet or two? He was drafted late 2nd round and then cut by two teams. Guys drafted around him in round 2 were Bolomboy, Marcus Paige, TY Wallace and Isiah Cousins. Wade Baldwin IV and Henry Ellenson were drafted way ahead of him in Round 1 that year and have found the waiver wire.

Can we waive Niang and pick up a vet or two? He was drafted late 2nd round and then cut by two teams. Guys drafted around him in round 2 were Bolomboy, Marcus Paige, TY Wallace and Isiah Cousins. Wade Baldwin IV and Henry Ellenson were drafted way ahead of him in Round 1 that year and have found the waiver wire.

Niang isn't going anywhere any time soon.