What's new

Waiver News

I’d be surprised if they signed anyone short of a rotation player-they’d have to pay twice as much for them, being in the luxury tax.

Jared Sullinger wants back in the NBA

i_0c_c5_2d_jared-sullinger.png

2 hours ago – via Ben Stinar @ Forbes.com
Sullinger is not ready to call it a career and is looking to make an NBA comeback. “I’m definitely trying to get back to the NBA,” he said. “I feel like I’ve still got a lot of basketball left, I can help a team, I feel like me being not the biggest guy but still strong enough to guard a five and be able to stretch the floor, I’m in better shape.”
Top Rumors, Free Agency, Jared Sullinger
TWEET
EMAIL

More Rumors in this Storyline​

The 6’9″ Sullinger still has the same agent he had years ago, David Falk, and is committed to going any route he has to take in his pathway back to the NBA, such as playing in the G-League, and as of today, he says he feels “amazing,” and this is the best he has ever felt health-wise. “I’m just looking for somebody to give me an opportunity,” Sullinger said. “If I get the opportunity, I promise I will seize the moment at that moment.”

Not the waiver wire - but I'd be willing to give him a shot. He was a heck of a rebounder and defensive player. Not much of a 3 point shooter though, I'd be curious to see if his 3P% went up in China.

Jared Sullinger wants back in the NBA

i_0c_c5_2d_jared-sullinger.png

Sullinger is not ready to call it a career and is looking to make an NBA comeback. “I’m definitely trying to get back to the NBA,” he said. “I feel like I’ve still got a lot of basketball left, I can help a team, I feel like me being not the biggest guy but still strong enough to guard a five and be able to stretch the floor, I’m in better shape.”
Top Rumors, Free Agency, Jared Sullinger
TWEET
EMAIL

More Rumors in this Storyline​

The 6’9″ Sullinger still has the same agent he had years ago, David Falk, and is committed to going any route he has to take in his pathway back to the NBA, such as playing in the G-League, and as of today, he says he feels “amazing,” and this is the best he has ever felt health-wise. “I’m just looking for somebody to give me an opportunity,” Sullinger said. “If I get the opportunity, I promise I will seize the moment at that moment.”

Not the waiver wire - but I'd be willing to give him a shot. He was a heck of a rebounder and defensive player. Not much of a 3 point shooter though, I'd be curious to see if his 3P% went up in China.
Dude is a pretty great rebounder. How's his defense?

Over the weekend I watched a replay of a Euro League game between two Turkish teams that a couple of our castoffs were involved in. Stanton Kidd played for one team and Brock Motum for the other. Motum's team barely beat Kidd's team and Motum had 15 points and Kidd had 10 in the game.

I still think Nikola Mirotic would be the best free agent that the Jazz could bring in - who would instantly fit our system and actually make us better. He'd also be insurance in case someone got injured - we'd still have enough scoring punch to beat any team and win in the Finals.

The Jazz would have to buy out his contract though, and I'm not sure how or if that would affect the salary cap.

I still think Nikola Mirotic would be the best free agent that the Jazz could bring in - who would instantly fit our system and actually make us better. He'd also be insurance in case someone got injured - we'd still have enough scoring punch to beat any team and win in the Finals.

The Jazz would have to buy out his contract though, and I'm not sure how or if that would affect the salary cap.
He had signed like a 3-4 year deal in Europe.

I just noticed a blub on the interwebs that the leading scorer in Europe is Erick Green. He was the guy we traded to Denver (or at least his draft rights) for Rudy. He later played for the Jazz on a 10 day contract or two. He really lit up the GLeague stat wise. He was drafted one spot ahead of Raul Neto.

Last edited:
Any of these guys really gonna get us over the line or even make the rotation?

I just noticed a blub on the interwebs that the leading scorer in Europe is Erick Green. He was the guy we traded to Denver (or at least his draft rights) for Rudy. He later played for the Jazz on a 10 day contract or two. He really lit up the GLeague stat wise. He was drafted one spot ahead of Raul Neto.
I had high hopes for Erick. Big fan of his at VT.

I’d go for RHJ, if only to keep him away for the LA teams and Denver. We still need another wing defender, Royce can’t do it all.

And maybe bring back for Jonas for kicks. I’m still bummed they cut him.