What's new

Walker Kessler Hype & Appreciation Thread

You can still click on it. He’s done the most with least minutes.
I don't click on twits. Against my religion.

But that fits. He should really be in the running for ROY, at least get a few votes.

Copy and pasted from my post in the gamethread as it probably belongs here:

If I were GM of the jazz and minnesota called up and asked if I would take Gobert for Kessler I would lmao.
If they magically made his salary the same as kessler salary I still say no.
If they magically made his salary the same as kessler and his age the same as kessler I still say no.

Kessler is averaging more blocks per 36 this season than gobert averaged per 36 in any season of his career (his most was also his rookie year)
Kessler is also averaging less turnovers per 36 this season than gobert averaged per 36 in any season of his career.
Kessler has a higher field goal percentage this season than gobert in any season of his career.

Fouls, rebounds, assists, steals, etc are all pretty close across the board.

I know Rudy Goberts ceiling. And it was pretty fantastic. Going to be fun to see what kesslers ceiling looks like

If I were GM of the jazz and minnesota called up and asked if I would take Gobert for Kessler I would lmao.
If they magically made his salary the same as kessler and his age the same as kessler I still say no.

Kessler is averaging more blocks per 36 this season than gobert averaged per 36 in any season of his career (his most was also his rookie year)
Kessler is also averaging less turnovers per 36 this season than gobert averaged per 36 in any season of his career.
Kessler has a higher field goal percentage this season than gobert in any season of his career.

I know Rudy Goberts ceiling. And it was pretty fantastic. Going to be fun to see what kesslers ceiling looks like
I liked it there, and I like it here.

On/off impact for players under 23 years of age (min 900 minutes to include Zion). Kessler very respectable +5.6 and that ranks #8 in that age category. THT also makes the list at #15.

For ROY comparison sake, Banchero and Williams both -4.4 meaning their teams are significantly better with them off the floor.

1679483855189.png

TL DR version?

On/off impact for players under 23 years of age (min 900 minutes to include Zion). Kessler very respectable +5.6 and that ranks #8 in that age category. THT also makes the list at #15.

For ROY comparison sake, Banchero and Williams both -4.4 meaning their teams are significantly better with them off the floor.

View attachment 14097
Yeah but he doesn't score in flashy ways. How can they ever justify a ROY who does something as mundane as block shots, rebound, and, you know, generate wins. We aren't about winning in the ROY game, we are about showing how flashy we can be, that is all that matters.

Yeah but he doesn't score in flashy ways. How can they ever justify a ROY who does something as mundane as block shots, rebound, and, you know, generate wins. We aren't about winning in the ROY game, we are about showing how flashy we can be, that is all that matters.
Its funny that Jokic wins MVPs based on those advanced stats but Kessler cant buy a vote from any of those hyperanalytical data scientist guys.

Its funny that Jokic wins MVPs based on those advanced stats but Kessler cant buy a vote from any of those hyperanalytical data scientist guys.
Yeah, but to be fair, Jokic puts up insane base stats never-before seen in a big man like that. But you have a good point. They just want flash and name recognition in the ROY, it isn't about stats except 1, scoring. Oh and the green light. The ROY is usually the guy with the greenest light too.