What's new

Warrior watch 2012

Watching the Warriors play is a truly bizarre thing for me. I have to root for them to be bad, but not tooo bad, while also rooting for Curry to be amazing because he's on my fantasy team...truly bizarre. ;)
In the league I'm in I made sure I drafted Ellis so I could keep track of GS a few rounds later I drafted David Lee. I'll be very tapped in to that team this year.

Kwame Brown's MRI revealed a torn pectoralis major (the large chest muscle that attaches to his right shoulder), which will require him to undergo surgery within the next few days, the team announced Thursday. The surgery, which has not yet been scheduled, is expected to keep him out for a minimum of three months.
Read more: https://basketball.realgm.com/wiret...rgery_Out_At_Least_Three_Months#ixzz1jK9bcNFp

I don't like the way things have started for the Ws. I'm more than a little worried about them tanking.

Good road win for GS against the Pistons. Pushes Detroit down and elevates GS into a tie for 8th worst, with another three teams barely above them. That's just what we want. There are 12 teams below .400 right now, so GS just needs to win 1 out of 3 to keep pace.

Good road win for GS against the Pistons. Pushes Detroit down and elevates GS into a tie for 8th worst, with another three teams barely above them. That's just what we want. There are 12 teams below .400 right now, so GS just needs to win 1 out of 3 to keep pace.

This also means GS has a good chance of winning the tie breaker with Detroit if they end up with the same record.

Another road win for the W's. And everyone else below them lost. I know the ideal spot is #8, but I want them to keep playing with some motivation.

Also have to keep in mind a couple of sub .500 teams in the Eastern Conference may actually make the playoffs (and thus be non-lottery teams). So if GS has the 10th-12th worst record, that may actually equate to 8th-10th for the lottery drawing.

This also means GS has a good chance of winning the tie breaker with Detroit if they end up with the same record.

That won't matter for the lottery. Knicks and Clippers had a tying record in '09-'10 and the Knicks beat Clippers both times they played. The NBA held a pre-lottery drawing to determine who got the number of balls for the 8th and 9th places. Knicks lost and it turned into a #9 pick for the Jazz.

The Warriors are 5-10, but make no mistake: Coach Mark Jackson continues to believe. While many fans are saying this season is no different than many of the past seasons, Jackson says you’re wrong.

Jackson predicted the playoffs, and he still thinks the Warriors will get there. … No ifs, ands or buts. You don’t believe me? Here’s a transcript of some of Jackson’s post-practice interview on Saturday:

Question: Are you still as optimistic about this team now as you were a month ago or when you took the job?

Jackson: Haven’t changed.

Question: Would that ever change, even if the season continues to go like it’s going?

Jackson: We’re going to continue to battle, grind and get better every single day. Our thought process has not changed and we’re excited about the rest of the way. We’ve lost 10 games and I would say two teams beat us: the Philadelphia 76ers and the Charlotte Bobcats. Every other game we were in control with a real opportunity of closing the door and we did not. So that is extremely encouraging.

Question: If you guys are going to have to have a successful season – the kind of season you’ve talked about -- then you guys are going to have to start winning games and that has to start happening soon. So, you still believe that’s going to happen?

Jackson: I would have to believe that’s what’s going to happen if my answer to you is nothing has changed (laughter).

Question: Is there a point when it could change or you don’t allow yourself to think that way?

Jackson: I don’t think that way. I believe in our system, I believe in our guys. We’re going to turn it around.

Question: Could there be a point when you start thinking about that (protected) draft pick and that might play into the season?

Jackson: I don’t think that way. That’s not my thought process at all. When we play the way we’re capable of playing, execute the game plan and take care of the basketball and defend, we’re a very good basketball team. And until I see otherwise, I’m going to continue to believe it.

Question: But can’t every team say that, that when they do that they’re a good team?

Jackson: No. No. No. Some teams don’t have principles like we have, some teams don’t buy in and some teams are going through the motions. Some teams make excuses. Everything I see … if we do what we’re supposed to do we’re going to be just fine.

Question: Somebody asked me the other day about you and I said that reality might be setting in with this team, that you might be realizing this team isn’t as good as you thought. Would that be incorrect?

Jackson: I guess you lied to them. … What is reality?

Question: That this team isn’t as good as you thought … That this team can’t be as good as you thought.

Jackson: No, that’s not true. In my opinion we have the best backcourt in the business, we have an all-star caliber power forward, we have solid role players, and we are a defensive-minded basketball team. We are grinding and we’ve been in position to win in eight of our 10 losses and we’ve beaten some of the best in the land. The reality is that we’re very close to being who I am convinced we are. Tell your friend I said ‘hi.’ … You are trying today.

Question: Not at all, let’s cut to the chase. You’ve been optimistic about this team but you’re 5-10. This is a region that has seen it and heard it all before and you talking like this is like a salmon swimming upstream. You’re fighting conventional wisdom. Some fans are saying this is no different than before.

Jackson: I haven’t heard a fan say it’s no different. Clearly, it’s different. Clearly it’s different.

Question: Why do you say that? It’s not apparent.

Jackson: We’re getting after it. We’re battling, we’re a defensive-minded basketball team. We’re a professional basketball team and we have no quit. We’re a no-excuses team even when excuses have been there for the taking. It is a different basketball team, no question about it. Very easily we could make excuses. Even that salmon swimming upstream would tell you that it’s different.

Question: There are probably a lot of people out there, seeing the way the season is going, and at some point they say you will have to acknowledge you were wrong about this team. But obviously, you don’t even think about that at all, right?

Jackson: No. Now, would you like another attempt at it? I think you’re asking the same question six different ways until you get what’s not coming. … We’re excited about watching film. We’re excited about the direction we’re headed. There is evidence that we are very, very close to being that team I envisioned.

Question: I think you believe that, but what I’m saying is … there is a segment of people out there saying’ we’ve heard all this before.’

Jackson: The reality is I’ve got a bunch of guys that have never won that are playing winning basketball that have changed their ways from an offensive juggernaut to defensive principles where we battle, compete and give ourselves a chance. Winning in this league is a process and in that process you’ve got to be extremely patient to see the other side. It gets tough being that salmon swimming upstream. But as long as your persistent and don’t quit, you will get to the other side.

https://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/war...-no-doubt-about-Wa?blockID=635946&feedID=5882

Great find Matt but I could only read half of it.

Reading Mark Jackson is worse than listening to him is worse than watching him play.

Reading that and imaging how badly Mark Jackson was squirming just makes me giggle. **** that guy.

I hope he loses just enough to give us the best pick possible, but not enough to get it for GSW. And then gets fired, never to be heard from again.

Good night in terms of the draft pick. GS is really pounding Memphis while some of the lesser teams lost. The Warriors should be tied for the 8th spot after tonight. And the good news is we're starting to see separation from about six teams. Toronto, New Jersey, Detroit, Charlotte, Washington and New Orleans seem destined to finish in the 1-6 spots in some order. An additional 8 teams are within a game of each other for the 7th-14th worst records. I would laugh if GS finished in the 7th position, thinking they had secured their pick and then had one team leapfrog them during the lottery drawing and drop the pick to #8.

Also, like I said, a couple of sub-.500 teams will likely make the playoffs in the East, which would remove them from the lottery, so GS' lottery spot may or may not correlate to their actual W/L ranking. In terms of the Jazz pick, it's likely a couple of teams in the WC may finish with 34-36 wins and still be in the lottery.

Last edited:
Good night in terms of the draft pick. GS is really pounding Memphis while some of the lesser teams lost.

I'm blaming you if we lose that pick.:mad:

Seriously though, after watching that ****, I'm pretty much convinced that Jackson was brought in specifically for the purpose of tanking this season. They keep their pick, make him the scapegoat, and hire a real coach next year.

I'm seriously concerned. These SOBs need a winning streak soon, or I'm sure they're going into full tank mode.

I'm blaming you if we lose that pick.:mad:

Seriously though, after watching that ****, I'm pretty much convinced that Jackson was brought in specifically for the purpose of tanking this season. They keep their pick, make him the scapegoat, and hire a real coach next year.

I'm seriously concerned. These SOBs need a winning streak soon, or I'm sure they're going into full tank mode.

Curry is back and they should win some games by out scoring the opposition.

Curry is back and they should win some games by out scoring the opposition.

Yeah , I watched him piss away an 18 point 4th quarter lead last night. Obviously not just his fault, but he was absolutely terrible coming down the stretch. It was honestly one of the most pathetic displays I've ever seen.

And now the Warriors post a good win over Portland, which puts them into a tie for 8th worst. If they stay around that range, I'll bet their board will be full of people wanting them to tank.