What's new

We Got Swindled by Sexton (And Eddie Zero Sucks)

Sexton definitely had an upperhand in the negotiation because we needed him to make the trade happen.
Yeah but if he enabled us to grab Lauri and those picks, is that so bad?

I mean if he'd lied about being fully recovered and we were duped and he's now out for another 6 months, that's another matter.

He's alive and well and playing pretty well.

Yeah but if he enabled us to grab Lauri and those picks, is that so bad?

I mean if he'd lied about being fully recovered and we were duped and he's now out for another 6 months, that's another matter.

He's alive and well and playing pretty well.
Yes, it was necessary which is why he was able to drive his price up. There's a reason Cleveland was negotiating hard with him.

I enjoy Sexton...

Some of y'all have a really tough time with nuance because all you care about is someone being wrong on the internet.
Yes someone saying a guy fraudulently stole money from a team is being misinterpreted by others… sounds like a statement from someone who truly enjoys watching him play… I missed all the nuance in that statement/argument.

Sounds like to me someone has a hard time being wrong on the internet so they play both sides or someone throws out fire takes they don’t really believe then get they panties in a bunch when people call they BS. It’s fine if you want to talk out your *** but don’t get mad when people pull out the receipts.

Yes someone saying a guy fraudulently stole money from a team is being misinterpreted by others… sounds like a statement from someone who truly enjoys watching him play… I missed all the nuance in that statement/argument.

Sounds like to me someone has a hard time being wrong on the internet so they play both sides or someone throws out fire takes they don’t really believe then get they panties in a bunch when people call they BS. It’s fine if you want to talk out your *** but don’t get mad when people pull out the receipts.
Saying a player is overpaid is hardly playing both sides. You are being very obtuse if you can't understand that I can think Sexton is overpaid but still can't enjoy watching him or say he does some things well.

Saying a player is overpaid is hardly playing both sides. You are being very obtuse if you can't understand that I can think Sexton is overpaid but still can't enjoy watching him or say he does some things well.
Saying a player is overpaid is one thing. Saying someone fraudulently stole money from a franchise is another... one indicates mild displeasure... like I paid an employee more than I should have but at least they provided some value. The other indicates that the employee stole money fraudulently... which is something I would assume I wouldn't enjoy... but sure I am being obtuse... lol

You stand behind "swindled" so please go on about how I and others are being unfair, obtuse, while completely ignoring the fair negative connotations with saying someone fraudulently stole from the franchise.

I enjoy Sexton...

Some of y'all have a really tough time with nuance because all you care about is someone being wrong on the internet.

Ahh yes, we all are the problem we just don’t understand nuance.

Or… you know the actual problem is you just say **** to say **** and when someone calls you on your ******** you play the victim.

You are the definition of a **** poster. You haven’t contributed positively in months.

Saying a player is overpaid is one thing. Saying someone fraudulently stole money from a franchise is another... one indicates mild displeasure... like I paid an employee more than I should have but at least they provided some value. The other indicates that the employee stole money fraudulently... which is something I would assume I wouldn't enjoy... but sure I am being obtuse... lol

You stand behind "swindled" so please go on about how I and others are being unfair, obtuse, while completely ignoring the fair negative connotations with saying someone fraudulently stole from the franchise.

Lmao, this is new levels of literalist.

Lmao, this is new levels of literalist.
you literally said you stand behind using the word swindle... so sorry for taking you literally... maybe just say what you mean.

you bitching about a guy's trade value due to his contract before he can even be traded... lmao... you yelling at clouds homie then saying "i actually enjoy the clouds".

You need Lopo back to be the yin to your yang.

I think Swindled is the wrong word here Cy.. it implies him being dishonest or sneaky or deceitful.. I don’t think you can say any of that about Sexton...

His agent.. at a stretch.. maybe.. but not Sexton personally.

I think Swindled is the wrong word here Cy.. it implies him being dishonest or sneaky or deceitful.. I don’t think you can say any of that about Sexton...

Klutch you mean? lol Everyone in any org, probably feels like they had to overpay, to get any athlete, represented by Rich. However given the amount that players like Herro, Simons and Dort received respectively, Sexton is on a bargain, not an overpay based on his pre injury skillset, regardless of lack of team success in Cleveland. The contract won't even be the highest or close it, as far as cap percentage if he is still on the roster in two seasons.(doubt it with Danny Ainge running things),but if he is there will be others brought in making more.
I have him right now, at a fair deal as is, and a bargain.I think if he gets back to his old self. Takes it another level or two which is normal every season for him & the contract is highly desireable.

you literally said you stand behind using the word swindle... so sorry for taking you literally... maybe just say what you mean.

you bitching about a guy's trade value due to his contract before he can even be traded... lmao... you yelling at clouds homie then saying "i actually enjoy the clouds".

You need Lopo back to be the yin to your yang.
I see you are trying to do that

This was Cleveland being generous.
no news here. Cleveland had just paid Garland a massive bag(5-190) and could not offer more than exactly what they did to Sexton, at that time without going into the tax. He was not healthy then either still coming off a nmajor injury. They were not by any means interested in paying him the 4-100 he wanted before injury either though and so the minute they low balled him,post injury, discussions about a sign and trade began. So here we are.

Coming back from serious injuries, i will allow myself 1 complete season before jumping into conclusion regarding this guy. He is fast, able to create offense. I'm not sold on his defense and IQ basketball but time will tell.
His basketball IQ is fine, it has gotten better imo since the injury. He had a lot of time off to watch film for sure. I think his inability to play with others that had a higher basketball IQ or that demanded usage away from him, because they were disgruntled former champs on a tanker, is what gave him a bad rep in his rookie season. He was all about scoring and to hell with all the old guys that didn't want to be there was his mindset. He wanted win, but they wouldn't let him win. I feel like I am reciting a line from First Blood.

Well swindled was the best word I could think of that was an alliteration with Sexton. People are making out of a mole hill because they need something to attack.

no news here. Cleveland had just paid Garland a massive bag(5-190) and could not offer more than exactly what they did to Sexton, at that time without going into the tax. He was not healthy then either still coming off a nmajor injury. They were not by any means interested in paying him the 4-100 he wanted before injury either though and so the minute they low balled him,post injury, discussions about a sign and trade began. So here we are.
Yes, Sexton was not worth going into the tax for. They gave him a generous offer