What's new

We Got Swindled by Sexton (And Eddie Zero Sucks)

Imo really only two reasonable options exist for Collin Sexton on the Utah Jazz. 1 is to become a better playmaker and be an average to above average score first point guard over the course of his contract.
Option 2 is going back to what he did in Cleveland as a first or second option, high usage 2 guard. One caveat needed being a big defensive point guard out there with him not a small frail type like Trae Darius or Steph.
If he is a 6 on a non contender like the Jazz(don't tell them that) , he should be shopped to a contender at the deadline.

I've followed Cleveland before Sexton is really like this. But a change of scenery might do good for him this time. Clarkson revived his career here in Utah in case you guys forgot. Now he looks like a natural passer. Sextons gonna need time and hard coaching. His defense though I don't know how we can fix. He was the worst in Cleveland

Also, I dont think Sexton is just some trash player. I'm sure he will start putting up good stats (because I know there will be a game where he scores 20 and people will be like "omg Cy wrong again"). I just dont think Sexton is the kind of player you want to build with at the price tag we paid. I've enjoyed a lot of what's he done this year.

I've followed Cleveland before Sexton is really like this. But a change of scenery might do good for him this time. Clarkson revived his career here in Utah in case you guys forgot. Now he looks like a natural passer. Sextons gonna need time and hard coaching. His defense though I don't know how we can fix. He was the worst in Cleveland
Natural passer with a 1:1 assist to turnover ratio and an assist % that would make the Quin Snyder-era Jordan Clarkson blush.

Also, I dont think Sexton is just some trash player. I'm sure he will start putting up good stats (because I know there will be a game where he scores 20 and people will be like "omg Cy wrong again"). I just dont think Sexton is the kind of player you want to build with at the price tag we paid. I've enjoyed a lot of what's he done this year.

At the price tag we paid? He’s getting paid the same as Derrick White, Markelle Fultz, Norman Powell, Duncan Robinson, Davis Bertans, etc. His salary is fine.

I mean you said he swindled us... he's stealing money fraudulently. So yeah you might see how some people could think you think he's a trash player... so you can post with less hyperbole or you get to take **** from people when you put yourself out there with strong takes.

At the price tag we paid? He’s getting paid the same as Derrick White, Markelle Fultz, Norman Powell, Duncan Robinson, Davis Bertans, etc. His salary is fine.
Its just funny how his stats are super empty and meaningless... yet the team is really effing good when he is on the floor. If he is this blackhole who is terrible on defense why are we good when he is on the floor?

We are paying a $6M less for THT who is performing like one of the worst players in the league... and dude has a perma-chubby for him... weird.

I agree that it makes sense to let Sexton try to figure out the PG position. After all, he's too small to defend NBA 2's anyway. (He might also be too small to defend 1's effectively, but I digress)

It's just that he's looked really bad as a playmaker so far. Sexton has 100% scorer instincts and he looks like he wants to go 1 on 3 every time he has the ball at the perimeter. He's trying to rein himself in – which he should, as there's usually more efficient scoring options available.
This same thing could have been said of Jordan Clarkson last year. I'm willing to let the staff experiment. They have earned that latitude.

I mean you said he swindled us... he's stealing money fraudulently. So yeah you might see how some people could think you think he's a trash player... so you can post with less hyperbole or you get to take **** from people when you put yourself out there with strong takes.
Yes, I stand by swindled. He's overpaid by about 8 millon per year and his contract makes him hard to trade.

LOL .. so Sexton held DA hostage at gun point and forced him to sign on the dotted line? The title of this thread always make me think of that imagery.

Imagine not enjoying Sexton cuz you worried he makes too much while simultaneously staning THT harder than his mom… the mental gymnastics you do is some Simone Biles level ****.
I enjoy Sexton...

Some of y'all have a really tough time with nuance because all you care about is someone being wrong on the internet.

LOL .. so Sexton held DA hostage at gun point and forced him to sign on the dotted line? The title of this thread always make me think of that imagery.
Sexton definitely had an upperhand in the negotiation because we needed him to make the trade happen.