What's new

We Got Swindled by Sexton (And Eddie Zero Sucks)

Better than being an inefficient volume scorer when his team is down 20 in meaningless games imo.
You mean than when his team was down 5 in important games that his inefficiency then completely blew to historic levels.

I don't see any chance the Cavs ever make the playoffs with Don instead of Sexton tbh in Sextons time in CLE. years 1-3 anyway. The comparisons are eerie. Looks like Sextons efficiency is better overall, but I also consider that efficiency to exist primarily because less defenders were concerned about losing the game given the Cavs weaknesses outside of Sexton. Mitchell faced many good defenders and most of them were bringing it a lot of the time by mid season rookie year.
I think after the Nets embarassing loss the Sexton alone in double OT, players started going at him more , not just out of respect, but because they wanted to avoid a similar fail.
I think if he can prove to be as clutch as he had been for Cleveland in games they were "in" despite going into a season with his 5th headcoach in 5 seasons, he will be more than acceptable as a trade return especially given all the other assets Danny got. I still think Cleveland got hoodwinked long term in that one.

In reality Sexton was a free agent. Lauri, Agbaji, and control of Cleveland's draft thru 2029 was basically the trade with Sexton's salary as a ballast.

Even if Danny was mad I highly doubt he cuts off his nose to spite his face by taking the Cleveland deal. Bottomline the Cavs offered more unprotected picks and swaps. The picks were the prize.

Don could likely be a Knick at this point if they were willing to give up that extra unprotected pick but they wanted to save the good stuff in order to chase a #1 star in a future deal.

It's immaterial anyway. If the Jazz don't get Vic, there is a 95% chance there are drafting a lead guard as the new face of the franchise. If we keep Sexton he will play off ball or come off the bench which he should be good at.

If we get Vic than our current team construction barely matters at all.

If there is someone we should be really disappointed by in the pre-season from those trades, it's actually Ochai Agbaji. He seems to be having really hard time finding a place and minutes in the rotation. He must be either really bad in practice or must be having some health issues? I have no idea how one of the players that should be part of this team's next iteration of competitive basketball has amassed a grand total of 15 minutes of play in pre-season. This is worrying... again... unless he has something health related that limits him.

If there is someone we should be really disappointed by in the pre-season from those trades, it's actually Ochai Agbaji. He seems to be having really hard time finding a place and minutes in the rotation. He must be either really bad in practice or must be having some health issues? I have no idea how one of the players that should be part of this team's next iteration of competitive basketball has amassed a grand total of 15 minutes of play in pre-season. This is worrying... again... unless he has something health related that limits him.
He’ll get minutes at some point this season. I’m much more concerned with how Agbaji and Sexton finish the year once they’re more comfortable with the system and such

I've never seen someone try so hard on defense before the play starts (to the point where I'm like damn this dude bout to lock up), but the moment the play starts he just gets dusted.

I think Sexton is a dude who can look to pass, or he can look to score. He's isnt athletic or effortless enough to score without devoting 100% of his focus towards it.

I think Sexton is a dude who can look to pass, or he can look to score. He's isnt athletic or effortless enough to score without devoting 100% of his focus towards it.
One thing is for sure he looks to have trouble mixing up his focus to confuse the defense. Where I come from that is called dedication. once he gets better at hiding his intentions the entire court will open up for him. I disagree he isn't athletic enough , even after injury he looks pretty solid a

This aged well…

Hey guys, I think this Alex Burks guy is the real deal. We should draft him instead of that Kenny Lepard guy.

Rarely have I seen a guy with so much gear grinding going on in his head when he tries to play point guard. It's almost comical.

Sexton may be a wonderful person who lives and breathes basketball, but by God... this man is not meant to be a PG in the NBA.

Rarely have I seen a guy with so much gear grinding going on in his head when he tries to play point guard. It's almost comical.

Sexton may be a wonderful person who lives and breathes basketball, but by God... this man is not meant to be a PG in the NBA.
JC very much had the same stuff going on and has made changes. He will never be a pure point guard and if he is the best passer on the floor then just clear out and let him work... cuz it could be ugly. He plays hard as hell and works his *** off... I'll bet on that guy. Even if he just becomes the super bench scorer that's cool... its a thing we need.