What's new

We Got Swindled by Sexton (And Eddie Zero Sucks)

Tremendous Upside

I dunno about this guy. To me, Sexton is unwatchable at the 1, no matter how many lessons he takes from Mike, and much too small to start at the 2. He plays out of control, seems to have very hard hands for a guard, and spends way too much time under the basket at 6'0''.

As I said above, I kinda understand they're trying to make a PG out of him because they just gave him the bag and his trade value is nonexistent around the league... so IF you want to feature him in the starting lineup at some point in the future, he just has to be a point guard.

However, I see him as an occasional sparkplug scorer off the bench and nothing more. Even someone like Clarkson is on another level as a playmaker. Letting Sexton get exposed at PG time and time again is only going to destroy whatever is left of his trade value down the line.

I appreciate his obvious enthusiasm and love for the game, and he's a great cheerleader out there, but I don't want to see him handle the ball as much as he did against Dallas and take 16 shots per game. He simply has zero feel. When you're that small, you can't always "see" the passing lanes in half court, but then you have to compensate by creating those lanes with your own movement. That is something Conley excels at and something Sexton doesn't have any idea about.

Yes, he would be a fantastic tank commander, but I thought we weren't doing that.

Saint Cy of JFC

So he might end up in Clarkson's old role as 6th man. That's how he's being paid. Is that such a bad thing..Love JC especially when he would come in and do his thing on those Rudy teams. If Jazz want to experiment and try him at PG what's the problem especially in a rebuild year. It might look real ugly but they can try THT, NAW, JC or anybody else in a playmaking role this season as Conley can't play 48 minutes. Actually it seems like Oynyk has been the secondary playmaker on the starting unit.

People are so weird.
Yes, overpaying a 6'1 guard is a bad thing

ONE LOVE

#Baby_Talk
Staff member
Sexton reminds me of a more talented Sundiata Gaines.

Remember him?

95786916.jpg.0.jpg

Ron Mexico

Contributor
Dude could be doing a bit better, but he's playing only 20 min a night and is doing adequate in adjusting to a new system and coming off an injury. 17.7 avg per on the contract is not bad, given future cap raises and such.
Who? Sexton is averaging 13 ppg.

But Sexton is averaging the second most points per 100 possessions per game at 30.4 just behind Lauri at 30.7 and also shooting the best % of anyone not a center or 7' Tall. He is also getting to the FT line at a much better rate than anyone on the team. I think things are pretty promising for him so far and he is still very young and adjusting/recovering from injury.

jumpin bean

I dunno about this guy. To me, Sexton is unwatchable at the 1, no matter how many lessons he takes from Mike, and much too small to start at the 2. He plays out of control, seems to have very hard hands for a guard, and spends way too much time under the basket at 6'0''.

As I said above, I kinda understand they're trying to make a PG out of him because they just gave him the bag and his trade value is nonexistent around the league... so IF you want to feature him in the starting lineup at some point in the future, he just has to be a point guard.

However, I see him as an occasional sparkplug scorer off the bench and nothing more. Even someone like Clarkson is on another level as a playmaker. Letting Sexton get exposed at PG time and time again is only going to destroy whatever is left of his trade value down the line.

I appreciate his obvious enthusiasm and love for the game, and he's a great cheerleader out there, but I don't want to see him handle the ball as much as he did against Dallas and take 16 shots per game. He simply has zero feel. When you're that small, you can't always "see" the passing lanes in half court, but then you have to compensate by creating those lanes with your own movement. That is something Conley excels at and something Sexton doesn't have any idea about.

Yes, he would be a fantastic tank commander, but I thought we weren't doing that.
HOW TALL WAS STOCKTON, HE SEEMED TO BE ABLE TO SEE THE FLOOR PRETTY WELL.

SoberasHotRod

Sexton hasn't been good, but he's been ok. His poor decision making has been offset by his ability to get to the free throw line.

I'm going to keep being patient with him this year as he continues to try and expand his game.

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
HOW TALL WAS STOCKTON, HE SEEMED TO BE ABLE TO SEE THE FLOOR PRETTY WELL.
Stockton wasn't human, he was an alien-human hybrid or something with gigantic hands and the ability to see through tall people's pelvises.

Thee Idiotic Minivan K

It’s been 8 games, and he’s only getting 20 min. He gets 4 freaking ft’s in those 20 minutes. I like him being aggressive

Saint Cy of JFC

Who? Sexton is averaging 13 ppg.

But Sexton is averaging the second most points per 100 possessions per game at 30.4 just behind Lauri at 30.7 and also shooting the best % of anyone not a center or 7' Tall. He is also getting to the FT line at a much better rate than anyone on the team. I think things are pretty promising for him so far and he is still very young and adjusting/recovering from injury.
Promising for his trade value hopefully