What's new

We have a natural trade partner. Dennis, please consider.

Sexual Favors

The Jazz and Bucks are perfect trade partners. I truly believe both parties should consider this trade. http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9pv55uu

Jazz send:

1. Derrick Favors - $12,000,000 – Expiring – Age 26

2. Ricky Rubio - $14, 275,000 – 2 years – Age 27

3. Thabo Sefolosha - $5,500,000 – 2 years (team option on 2nd) – Age 32

4. Ekpe Udoh - $3,200,000 – 2 years (team option on 2nd) – Age 30

Total salary = $34,975,000

Bucks send:

1. Khris Middleton - $14,100,000 – 3 years. Age 26

2. Jabari Parker - $6,782,305 – Expiring, but RFA. Age 22

3. Mirza Teletovic - $10,500,000 – 2 years. Age 32.

Total Salary = $31,382,305

Bucks do it because:

1. They have decided Giannis is better suited as a PF (an MVP level one), which is Jabari’s position.

2. Jabari’s injuries are worrisome, and he is due for his payday this offseason.

3. Acquiring Eric Bledsoe, and his accompanying salary, then matching Jabari’s expected offer sheet, would put them over the tax. Is their team, as currently constructed, good enough to justify spending that?

4. Mirza Teletovic is 32 and out indefinitely with a pulmonary embolism. He may never return, though he has this and next year remaining on his contract. They need to dump his salary.

5. This team needs a true center to anchor their defense. They get to rent Derrick Favors, a top-10 center, and they get 2 guaranteed years of Ekpe Udoh, a defensive stalwart at that position.

6. Thabo Sefolosha is widely regarded as the best wing-stopper in the league. He is 33, but for a team that is in a win-now mode, he is in his prime. Thabo also shoots 40% from deep. His defense and shooting make life easier on Giannis.

7. Ricky Rubio, when at his best, is a Jason Kidd lite. Who coaches the Bucks? Wouldn’t a Jason Kidd lite be a huge upgrade as a backup PG?

8. Bucks are rumored to be considering DeAndre Jordan as a trade target. If he doesn’t work out, an he opts in, they’d be stuck with his $24,119,025 salary next year. See point 5. What if he plays well and pulls another free agency stunt (ask Dallas and LA)?

9. Eric Bledsoe is injury prone. Rubio is insurance.

10. Financial flexibility. Only Rubio’s contract from this trade, $14,275,000, is guaranteed for next year, then after that: even it expires.

Jazz do it because:

1. Khris Middleton is a legit starting SF (sorry Joe Ingles), averaging nearly 20 pts a game, who stands 6’8” with a 6’10.5” wingspan and a career 3PT% of 40%. At 26 years of age, and with his reasonable contract, he is a legit replacement for the void left by Gordon Hayward’s departure. Khris Middleton is a name being thrown around in a DeAndre Jordan trade. See points 5 and 8 in the previous section.

2. Our most proven franchise player is Rudy Gobert. Ricky Rubio’s lack of chemistry with him, defensive gambling, inability to throw a lob or put pressure on the rim, and his lack of offensive gravity make for a terrible pairing of the two. At 27, it is unrealistic to expect he will become a different player. Ricky’s presence will continue to clog up our offense. He is currently stealing time from other guards/wings (Burks, Hood, Neto), and he will hinder Dante’s development when he returns. Ricky’s trade value is on a steady decline. Jazz should get out from under his salary while they can.

3. Who is our PF moving forward? Derrick will be an FA, is truly a center, and has stated that he is a starter. Joe Johnson is 95, and no amount of hot yoga will change that. Jonas Jerebko is awesome for us, but he is a career rotation player. Enter Jabari.

4. Jabari. The former #2 talent, PF, former dynamic duo with our Rodney Hood, Mormon, Duke alumni, floor-stretcher, averager of 20 pts a night, and 22. His age better aligns with the Gobert, Mitchell, Exum, Middleton?, Hood core. He loves Utah, https://www.deseretnews.com/article...n-faith-to-stay-positive-during-recovery.html. He would help sell tickets. His health makes him a gamble, but that is the only reason why he may be made available. With all of the boxes he checks, the Jazz need to take that gamble.

5. Mirza Teletovic is a salary dump, but if he ever becomes healthy again, his 3PT% will help spread the floor for Mitchell, Exum, and Burks to put pressure on the rim.

6. We drafted two rookies this year, did you forget? Tony Bradley is a promising prospect who hasn’t had a chance of getting time because of the log-jam of Gobert, Favors, and Udoh at the 5. Part of the reason we let Bolomboy go was because of our confidence in Bradley (and Royce O’Neale).

7. ESPN Trade Machine says we will get 11 wins worse with this trade. That is because it doesn’t factor in Jabari’s impact (because he hasn’t played this year). We either get: 1. the #2 talent of Jabari Parker (huge win), 2. Solid starter Jabari (also a win, considering current future uncertainty at PF) or 3. much closer to a top draft pick (Luka Doncic and Igor Kokoskov won the gold together this year J).

8. Getting out from under Rubio's contract, and not having to worry about Favors at all, etc., gives us more money for matching Jabari, Rodney, and Dante (as the market dictates).

What do you think? Do you like it? Do you think it’s realistic? If not, who says no, and why? What could be done to strengthen the deal?

I agree that Milwaukee should have interest but the rest of the trade is completely tilted in our favor and not close.

A Favs trade to Milwaukee Could get done but my guess is Tony Snell would be involved and he can’t be traded until January. I am thinking snell and dj Wilson for Favs. Not sure we’d be keeping snell.

I really think they are getting DeAndre Jordan though... the agent ties are really strong there.

I love the trade for us. We get a good starting wing, a young stretch 4 with potential, get to move favors and help the jazz with spacing issues right now, and get to dump an overpaid brick laying turnover machine so Mitchell can play more point and Burks can get more minutes.

In

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz

Utah isn't going to get Middleton in a Parker deal.

What if we we substituted Joe Ingles (can't we trade him in January?) in place of Rubio? Adding our pick?

I know from a talent stand-point this deal is lopsided, but when considering their interest in acquiring a center, their need to dump salary, and how close they are to the tax, I thought things balanced out.

I agree that Milwaukee should have interest but the rest of the trade is completely tilted in our favor and not close.

A Favs trade to Milwaukee Could get done but my guess is Tony Snell would be involved and he can’t be traded until January. I am thinking snell and dj Wilson for Favs. Not sure we’d be keeping snell.

I really think they are getting DeAndre Jordan though... the agent ties are really strong there.

I don't see the Jazz doing this at all. Neither Snell or Wilson fit with our team and the style Q wants to play. Favors is a rental, but he is back to form when he isn't sharing the court with Gobert. Favors' per 36 numbers are almost identical to what he was putting up when he was being discussed as a potential all star...

What if we we substituted Joe Ingles (can't we trade him in January?) in place of Rubio? Adding our pick?

I know from a talent stand-point this deal is lopsided, but when considering their interest in acquiring a center, their need to dump salary, and how close they are to the tax, I thought things balanced out.

I don't see the Jazz doing this at all. Neither Snell or Wilson fit with our team and the style Q wants to play. Favors is a rental, but he is back to form when he isn't sharing the court with Gobert. Favors' per 36 numbers are almost identical to what he was putting up when he was being discussed as a potential all star...

Jazz were rumored to like DJ Wilson in the draft. Projects as a shooting playmaking 4/5. Also he hasn’t really played so not sure how you know he doesn’t fit.

I think snell has okayish value but I wonder if we’d pass him to a third team.

Favs is a rental... Middleton is their second best player on a great deal... at a position of scarcity... Favs is good but there aren’t a lot of places he would start right now.

I don’t think Parker or Middleton are on the table. Definitely won’t move both of them.

Jazz were rumored to like DJ Wilson in the draft. Projects as a shooting playmaking 4/5. Also he hasn’t really played so not sure how you know he doesn’t fit.

Draft rumors don't mean anything. It's all smoke and mirrors so teams can target the players they really want. Wilson didn't develop a 3 pt shot until he was a Junior. That is college 3 anyways, which is NBA mid-range. He didn't really establish himself until the tournament of his Junior year. NCAA tournament play hasn't historically translated. He was a shoddy rebounder, which is the one college skill that translates... I liked his fluidity and defensive potential, but I say he doesn't fit Quin's system because he was an over-dribbler, not a passer, and very turnover prone.

I think snell has okayish value but I wonder if we’d pass him to a third team.

Snell is a scrub. If we were passing him on to a third team, who would want him? Do you think Snell is better than Burks, Hood, Ingles or Royce O'Neale? Why would we want him?

Favs is a rental... Middleton is their second best player on a great deal... at a position of scarcity... Favs is good but there aren’t a lot of places he would start right now.

This is true, but MIL is one of those places where he would start right now, so... Plus, there is a lot more at play in the proposed deal.

I don’t think Parker or Middleton are on the table. Definitely won’t move both of them.

There has been a lot of speculation about Jabari all year. Google it. Acquiring Bledsoe put the Bucks in a position where they'll need to move some big salary, or pay the tax.

Middleton for Jordan has been discussed by pundits. We never know what teams were considering until after they act.

The Jazz and Bucks are perfect trade partners. I truly believe both parties should consider this trade. http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9pv55uu

He
Jazz send:

1. Derrick Favors - $12,000,000 – Expiring – Age 26

2. Ricky Rubio - $14, 275,000 – 2 years – Age 27

3. Thabo Sefolosha - $5,500,000 – 2 years (team option on 2nd) – Age 32

4. Ekpe Udoh - $3,200,000 – 2 years (team option on 2nd) – Age 30

Total salary = $34,975,000

Bucks send:

1. Khris Middleton - $14,100,000 – 3 years. Age 26

2. Jabari Parker - $6,782,305 – Expiring, but RFA. Age 22

3. Mirza Teletovic - $10,500,000 – 2 years. Age 32.

Total Salary = $31,382,305

Bucks do it because:

1. They have decided Giannis is better suited as a PF (an MVP level one), which is Jabari’s position.

2. Jabari’s injuries are worrisome, and he is due for his payday this offseason.

3. Acquiring Eric Bledsoe, and his accompanying salary, then matching Jabari’s expected offer sheet, would put them over the tax. Is their team, as currently constructed, good enough to justify spending that?

4. Mirza Teletovic is 32 and out indefinitely with a pulmonary embolism. He may never return, though he has this and next year remaining on his contract. They need to dump his salary.

5. This team needs a true center to anchor their defense. They get to rent Derrick Favors, a top-10 center, and they get 2 guaranteed years of Ekpe Udoh, a defensive stalwart at that position.

6. Thabo Sefolosha is widely regarded as the best wing-stopper in the league. He is 33, but for a team that is in a win-now mode, he is in his prime. Thabo also shoots 40% from deep. His defense and shooting make life easier on Giannis.

7. Ricky Rubio, when at his best, is a Jason Kidd lite. Who coaches the Bucks? Wouldn’t a Jason Kidd lite be a huge upgrade as a backup PG?

8. Bucks are rumored to be considering DeAndre Jordan as a trade target. If he doesn’t work out, an he opts in, they’d be stuck with his $24,119,025 salary next year. See point 5. What if he plays well and pulls another free agency stunt (ask Dallas and LA)?

9. Eric Bledsoe is injury prone. Rubio is insurance.

10. Financial flexibility. Only Rubio’s contract from this trade, $14,275,000, is guaranteed for next year, then after that: even it expires.

Jazz do it because:

1. Khris Middleton is a legit starting SF (sorry Joe Ingles), averaging nearly 20 pts a game, who stands 6’8” with a 6’10.5” wingspan and a career 3PT% of 40%. At 26 years of age, and with his reasonable contract, he is a legit replacement for the void left by Gordon Hayward’s departure. Khris Middleton is a name being thrown around in a DeAndre Jordan trade. See points 5 and 8 in the previous section.

2. Our most proven franchise player is Rudy Gobert. Ricky Rubio’s lack of chemistry with him, defensive gambling, inability to throw a lob or put pressure on the rim, and his lack of offensive gravity make for a terrible pairing of the two. At 27, it is unrealistic to expect he will become a different player. Ricky’s presence will continue to clog up our offense. He is currently stealing time from other guards/wings (Burks, Hood, Neto), and he will hinder Dante’s development when he returns. Ricky’s trade value is on a steady decline. Jazz should get out from under his salary while they can.

3. Who is our PF moving forward? Derrick will be an FA, is truly a center, and has stated that he is a starter. Joe Johnson is 95, and no amount of hot yoga will change that. Jonas Jerebko is awesome for us, but he is a career rotation player. Enter Jabari.

4. Jabari. The former #2 talent, PF, former dynamic duo with our Rodney Hood, Mormon, Duke alumni, floor-stretcher, averager of 20 pts a night, and 22. His age better aligns with the Gobert, Mitchell, Exum, Middleton?, Hood core. He loves Utah, https://www.deseretnews.com/article...n-faith-to-stay-positive-during-recovery.html. He would help sell tickets. His health makes him a gamble, but that is the only reason why he may be made available. With all of the boxes he checks, the Jazz need to take that gamble.

5. Mirza Teletovic is a salary dump, but if he ever becomes healthy again, his 3PT% will help spread the floor for Mitchell, Exum, and Burks to put pressure on the rim.

6. We drafted two rookies this year, did you forget? Tony Bradley is a promising prospect who hasn’t had a chance of getting time because of the log-jam of Gobert, Favors, and Udoh at the 5. Part of the reason we let Bolomboy go was because of our confidence in Bradley (and Royce O’Neale).

7. ESPN Trade Machine says we will get 11 wins worse with this trade. That is because it doesn’t factor in Jabari’s impact (because he hasn’t played this year). We either get: 1. the #2 talent of Jabari Parker (huge win), 2. Solid starter Jabari (also a win, considering current future uncertainty at PF) or 3. much closer to a top draft pick (Luka Doncic and Igor Kokoskov won the gold together this year J).

8. Getting out from under Rubio's contract, and not having to worry about Favors at all, etc., gives us more money for matching Jabari, Rodney, and Daand

Here We go again with these crazy NBA2k Gms. Favors And 3 scrubs Can net Parker and Middleton on what planet? Only A jazz fan would think this since jazz fans Over Value players of theirs all the time.

The basis of the Favors/Jabari deal was debatable but this tips the scales significantly.

Draft rumors don't mean anything. It's all smoke and mirrors so teams can target the players they really want. Wilson didn't develop a 3 pt shot until he was a Junior. That is college 3 anyways, which is NBA mid-range. He didn't really establish himself until the tournament of his Junior year. NCAA tournament play hasn't historically translated. He was a shoddy rebounder, which is the one college skill that translates... I liked his fluidity and defensive potential, but I say he doesn't fit Quin's system because he was an over-dribbler, not a passer, and very turnover prone.

Snell is a scrub. If we were passing him on to a third team, who would want him? Do you think Snell is better than Burks, Hood, Ingles or Royce O'Neale? Why would we want him?

This is true, but MIL is one of those places where he would start right now, so... Plus, there is a lot more at play in the proposed deal.

There has been a lot of speculation about Jabari all year. Google it. Acquiring Bledsoe put the Bucks in a position where they'll need to move some big salary, or pay the tax.

Middleton for Jordan has been discussed by pundits. We never know what teams were considering until after they

NBA gms don't play NBA2k all day like you. This deal has Zero percent chance of ever happening. Why do people post trade ideas on message boards? Do you think the team will see and you will become a cult hero or something?

I have been touting the Bucks as a trade partner for a while. The need for cap space, a defensive rim protector, and the Jazz's need for a top SF who can be developed into a partner with Hood/Mitchell. We are a team that probably would be willing to gamble on Jabari and the Bucks can't sign he AND Giannis unless they want to pay $30+ million in luxury tax for 3 years running. They NEED cap relief to put a piece next to Giannis or he will walk at the end of 7 years like Hogtwats did. They like DeAndre because he protects the rim. Favors is the cheaper version of the same deal (50% off)!

I have been touting the Bucks as a trade partner for a while. The need for cap space, a defensive rim protector, and the Jazz's need for a top SF who can be developed into a partner with Hood/Mitchell. We are a team that probably would be willing to gamble on Jabari and the Bucks can't sign he AND Giannis unless they want to pay $30+ million in luxury tax for 3 years running. They NEED cap relief to put a piece next to Giannis or he will walk at the end of 7 years like Hogtwats did. They like DeAndre because he protects the rim. Favors is the cheaper version of the same deal (50% off)!

If they match on a Jabari Parker max contract then they can get under the tax by offloading Snell and stretching Teletovic. In 2019 they will have some choices though... won't be able to re-sign Malcom, Bledsoe, and Middleton with Parker and Giannis on the books. So they aren't desperate yet, but yeah some cap savings would be valuable to them.

You've put a lot of thought into this trade and your opening post which is admirable. The Bucks would never go for this however, there would be a total logjam at point guard for them. Bled, brog, bricky, Delly, Payton, so getting Rubio doesn't make sense.

They would also be letting go off 3 floor spacers, and getting 3 players in return who can't shoot, except Thabo who is ok.

This is heavily skewed towards the jazz. If the bucks cannot get DJ, maybe then we can entice them with derrick and ask for jabari and see what they come back with.

Actually, when it comes to favors, there are a few logical trade partners for the Jazz

Milwaukee is probably #1 on the list because Favors is such a good fit on that team. I don't agree with your assessment of the trade but that is neither here nor there.

Lakers are another good option especially if you take Deng and Clarkson off their hands they will have to give up a nice young talent to do it. My guess is Kuzma or Ingram. Both would be nice fits on our current roster.

Celtics could really use Favors come playoff time. My guess is you wouldn't get a lot from the celtics though other then a draft pick and some filler.

Cleveland wants to add better interior defense and Favors would fit that bill but they don't have a lot to offer and will need to look to building for the future because Lebron is leaving.

The Clippers might be looking to shed some talent and rebuild I would not complain to see Blake Griffin in a Jazz Uniform

Washington might be looking to shed some salary for a big signing next summer

What's a good way to fleece Memphis for Tyreke? He's putting up solid numbers on a stupid cheap contract ($3.3 mil). 18/5/4 with .571 ts%, 21.3 PER, & .403 from 3. Memphis is dead last without Conley and staring down the barrel of a .45. Tank mode should be in full bloom and I think the Jazz could nab Tyreke for very little. They're also over the cap and won't be getting money back from the league this summer.

If Marc Gasol wasn't so old, a good fit next to Rudy, and contracts could add up then I'd try for him too. But a,b, and c don't add up.