What's new

we have lost a member of jazzfanz. RIP Seanshank

Brian Peppers

I know this isn't jazz worthy but I feel it is appropriate to put it in the main forum

I don't know if you guys knew seanshank very well, he only had a couple hundred posts on the original jazzfanz, but him and i happened to post on the same two message boards and didn't realize it until a few months ago, we were the only jazz fans at forum.teamxbox.com that site has since been abandoned due to the creator being fired and the whole community then made a new site, wecravegames

anyways, he didn't post a ton here but i'm sure some of you knew him, at WCF he was a beloved member and one of the most recognizable posters, he has had cancer several times throughout his life and a few years ago the forum raised him over 5,000 dollars to help pay for his medical expenses, thats how much we all cared about him.

I just thought i'd share this information for the people on this site that knew him.

RIP Seanshank :(

https://www.seanmartella.blogspot.com/

That is just horrible. I'm real sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry. I have an uncle who has very little time left ( he has stomach cancer) I am learning how hard it is on family and friends
I wish the best for his wife and family. I read some of the posts of your blog link. He was blessed to have such a loving wife. How tragic to die before his wife gave birth.

Wow, I totally remember him. So if I read the blog right his wife is pregnant?

*beep* terrible. R.I.P. Shank. Thoughts to his family.

*beep*.

I am very sorry to hear about this. I remember Sean. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

I don't remember him, but sounds like he was a good guy who had a very hard life. My thoughts and prayers go out to all who knew him.

I remember him. That is tragic that he was not able to see his babies born. Damn, life can be so cruel sometimes. RIP Seanshank.

God Speed to his family. I remember he posted quite frequently on the old board , at least he had recently.He was a great Jazz fan. Had no idea he was sick. May he RIP

Man, reading that blog was rough. Really touching. Dude was loved. R.I.P.

Btw, @Brian Peppers. I've been on TXB since 2002.
Btw2, @Brian Peppers. This prolly isn't the place to talk about it, but your name cracks me up.

wow, so sad. I'm not sure of his age, but obviously pretty young - way, way too young. What a difficult hand to be dealt. Condolences to his wife and family. She seems like an amazing person, and his ability to deal with his illness was also amazing.

Wow. At times like this, I think it's fair to say that words cannot express just how awful that is. I never knew him personally and I haven't read that blog(spot) yet, but I do remember him as at least a solid poster. That's the absolute least that can be said of him.

Sincerest condolences to his family. That is rough.