What's new

We need some general rules for posters who routinely engage in “bad faith” discussion tactics.

NAOS

It appears that bad faith discussion practices, as long as they refrain from breaking the most basic rules like circumventing the profanity filter, are totally fine at JFC. The mods appear unwilling to pursue bad faith behavior on the grounds that it makes the board less readable (by intentionally exploding conversation). There would be some precedent for taking this route.

The mods currently have an opportunity to revise their thinking on this problem.

It appears that bad faith discussion practices, as long as they refrain from breaking the most basic rules like circumventing the profanity filter, are totally fine at JFC. The mods appear unwilling to pursue bad faith behavior on the grounds that it makes the board less readable (by intentionally exploding conversation). There would be some precedent for taking this route.

The mods currently have an opportunity to revise their thinking on this problem.

They will probably suggest using the ignore function.

They will probably suggest using the ignore function.
That’s functionally impossible to do with a high-volume poster unless a critical mass of other posters follow suit. For example, Political Jazz Fan totally distorted at least 3 threads to the point that it was impossible to ignore the influence.

That’s functionally impossible to do with a high-volume poster unless a critical mass of other posters follow suit. For example, Political Jazz Fan totally distorted at least 3 threads to the point that it was impossible to ignore the influence.

How about everyone else ignores him, and just lets me respond to him. He seems to have me on ignore, so the thread won't descend into a lot of back-and-forth bickering.

How about everyone else ignores him, and just lets me respond to him. He seems to have me on ignore, so the thread won't descend into a lot of back-and-forth bickering.
It would be nice if you did, too. Thanks.

Rule crazed NARC!!!

If we reach a certain tipping point where enough of us ignore and stop responding to posters like Jazzy, I'll take the next step and ignore the people who refuse to stop responding to them, even if those happen to be high-quality posters whose opinions are valuable and interesting to me.

If we reach a certain tipping point where enough of us ignore and stop responding to posters like Jazzy, I'll take the next step and ignore the people who refuse to stop responding to them, even if those happen to be high-quality posters whose opinions are valuable and interesting to me.

I'll miss you.

The ignore feature is a wonderful thing. If you need mods to silence somebody because you are incapable of handling a situation yourself I think you may need some sort on counseling. I'm not saying that to be a jerk but letting someone get to you this much is an obvious weakness that is a you problem not a mod problem. Remember as you chill in your world of playing victim. You are the one calling me "soft boi". I'm not calling you any names. Hell i never even knew you existed until you started hating on me for no reason. You dish it but cannot take it.

@NAOS

This is August 30th. I have never said a negative word about @NAOS before this. I didn't even know who the guy was. I find your victim playing extremely hypocritical and you even start a "nark tattle" thread when it's YOU who is guilty of everything you victimly blame others of. You're just mad that I don't take your bullying. The best way to handle a bully is to give them a taste of their own medicine. They really lose their toughness and do things like run home to Mom and Dad, in @NAOS case the mods. It's weakness.

Anyway heres @NAOS attacking me for no reason.
JazzyFresh might be the worst poster in the history of the board. I think he’s gone beyond Beanclown and hotttnickkk. Not sure if he’s beyond Hack. Maybe, though.

I handled it myself. Now look at @NAOS not able to do the same. It says a lot imo.

Last edited:
This is August 30th. I have never said a negative word about @NAOS before this. I didn't even know who the guy was. I find your victim playing extremely hypocritical and you even start a "nark tattle" thread when it's YOU who is guilty of everything you victimly blame others of. You're just mad that I don't take your bullying. The best way to handle a bully is to give them a taste of their own medicine. They really lose their toughness and do things like run home to Mom and Dad, in @NAOS case the mods. It's weakness.

I handled it myself. Now look at @NAOS not able to do the same. It says a lot imo.
I clicked the button to see your drivel. Why did you think this thread was about you? The only poster I name-checked was Political Jazz Fan.

Last edited:
Because it is. @NAOS
You mean... since someone else mentioned you after I started the thread, then the thread is about you?

It’s pretty clear that I never mentioned you.... but then you popped off about me like a spurned brat. Maybe you forgot which account you were logged into?

The ignore feature is a wonderful thing. If you need mods to silence somebody because you are incapable of handling a situation yourself I think you may need some sort on counseling. I'm not saying that to be a jerk but letting someone get to you this much is an obvious weakness that is a you problem not a mod problem. Remember as you chill in your world of playing victim. You are the one calling me "soft boi". I'm not calling you any names. Hell i never even knew you existed until you started hating on me for no reason. You dish it but cannot take it.

@NAOS

Absolutely zero basis for these posts. They’re another example of you hyperventilating until you saw a version of the story that suited you.

Absolutely zero basis for these posts. They’re another example of you hyperventilating until you saw a version of the story that suited you.

@NAOS
All facts.