What's new

We should not have traded NAW

It was a really terrible trade from top to bottom for us imo.
This. We may basically end up getting nothing for Vanderbilt, Beasley, Conely, and NAW. On paper that looks like we should have gotten at least 2 1sts. Not a pick that will likely be a 2nd.

i wish we would have kept him but guess what... we can sign him this offseason. I'd recommend making offers on both Minny FAs... if they match and overpay then great.

It was pretty obvious Coach Hardy wasn't a fan of NAW for whatever reason. He would make one mistake and then get stuck riding the pine for weeks.

If he was the cost to grease the wheel for that Laker pick then DA was obviously fine sending him to the Wolves.

My guess is Ainge might have his eye on someone like Cason Wallace with one of their picks in the next draft. In that case they wouldn't re-sign NAW this summer anyway. We shall see..

Really thought we should have locked him up just like we should have locked up Niang. When you can get a good rotation player at barely above the minimum you just do it.

The Lakers trade was just a lot worse than expected. Still probably a positive, but so much worse than anyone had mocked up.

If NAW is the starting PG of the future, those 2025 and onward picks are going to be amazing.

He is the perfect long term pg for them. He is the ultimate Joe Ingles glue guy that fits with everyone. They already have there 2 stars and he compliments both of them extremely well. They don't need a star at pg. What they need is a great role player and we just handed that to them for nothing.

I do think Hardy was a bit weird with NAW, but I also get it because NAW was a pretty uninspiring player IMO. We will probably miss him a bit as I think he will be a solid end of rotation guy for a handful of years, but the Lakers pick is more valuable and having/not having NAW won't be the difference in a successful team.
You are just a massive Hardy jockrider. NAW wasn't uninspiring at all. In fact he was great but your dumbass coach had some stupid agenda. Odds are that with the lakers pick we don't get a player as useful as NAW would have been going forward.

NAW was fine. He was not a difference maker. You could have worse 3rd-string ball-handlers, but he isn't going to make some ultra-leap and be challenging for the starting role if we have a competent play-maker on the floor.

You are just a massive Hardy jockrider. NAW wasn't uninspiring at all. In fact he was great but your dumbass coach had some stupid agenda. Odds are that with the lakers pick we don't get a player as useful as NAW would have been going forward.
Lmfao.

There is a reason NAW continues to get traded. He makes a ton of mistakes and doesn't listen to coaches. He has some talent, but how many times did he make that left side to opposite corner pass and have it picked off. It's like he can't learn. I hope he continues to do well in Minnesota. That trade was bad, but not because of NAW.

We literally just went down to the bus stop of out of the league players and picked up another NAW as soon as he left. This one might even be better.

The writing was on the wall when the Jazz declined to pick up NAW's, Bolmaro and Dok's option. The FO and coaches probably see GLeaguers as good or better options.