What's new

We signed Emmanuel Mudiay

Guys.

Mudiay is fine for a 3rd string PG, but nobody actually thinks he's a good PG.

Awful defensively, turnover machine, and low IQ. He's not playing until we have an injury.
I believe exum and mudiay both will have a good year. I wouldn’t be surprised to see exum and mudiay playing on 2 Nd unit with mudiay at point

Lol, he was aggressive this year when there were good moves to make. Also us improving has nothing to do with you or I. You are getting defensive about your position and hating on the team. I'm the one cheering for the team DL built and it's players.

Toronto made a good move. It was very risky and they got very lucky. Good for them.

Listen to you on the defensive, I made a mere suggestion lol

Why is everyone crapping on this guy? Have you not watched his highlights? Until Exum comes in and actually stays healthy, Mudiay is a better choice to give us needed scoring off the bench.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using JazzFanz mobile app

Better scorer, yes, better overall? Debatable. I doing Szeged him as a threat to Exum even if he gets playing time. If it Weser the jazz development team is turn him into an off ball scorer. He’s miles ahead of Exum in that department.

Exum. For multiple reasons. The Jazz front office has more invested in Dante's future than Emmanuel. The Jazz are trying to win now too and Dante has years of experience within the Jazz system that Emmanuel doesn't. Now that we added more offensive firepower to the roster Dante's defensive abilities will probably be preferred in the rotation over Emmanuel' s offense. And finally both the Jazz and Emmanuel and his agent view this as a developmental type of agreement. I think Emmanuel will be the 3rd PG on the depth chart and I don't think he'll get any more than 8-10 MPG next season. He'll basically get the minutes Neto had. Unless Emmanuel just comes in and blows all expectations out of the water with his play and forces his way onto the floor.

I think Quin will play around with the lineups to see what combos work best. At 6'5 and 6'6", Mudiay and Exum both can easily be plugged into SG, and there's 20 minutes a game needed there from Korver's departure.

I think Quin will play around with the lineups to see what combos work best. At 6'5 and 6'6", Mudiay and Exum both can easily be plugged into SG, and there's 20 minutes a game needed there from Korver's departure.
Also depends on how much O'Neale plays and how often Quin goes small with Bojan and Ingles in the lineup together, or big with Davis and Gobert together.

Just assuming minutes and no positions listed, 5*48 = 240
Mitchell (34), Gobert (32), Conley (32), Bojan (32), Ingles (28), O'Neale (25), Davis (20), Green (20) = 223 mins.
That would leave 17 to split between Niang, Exum, Mudiay, Bradley, etc.
Am I forgetting anyone on the current roster? I listed 12 above and think another vet could still be added.

Obviously players miss games, backups get more mins during blowouts (I hope we'll be on the positive side of some of those) and there are always assorted injuries (fingers crossed for no major ones).

So yes, somewhere in the range of 15-25 mins available if everyone's healthy.

My guess is two of Brantley, JWF and Oni get the 2-ways and 1 makes the roster. But all three should play most of the time in the GLeague.

Current roster, I'm thinking something like
PG: Conley (30), Exum (10), Mudiay (8)
SG: Mitchell (32), O'Neale (10), Exum (6)
SF: Bojan (15), Ingles (25) O'Neale (8)
PF: Green (15), Bojan (12), Niang (8), O'Neale (5), whatever (8)
C: Gobert (32), Davis (10+), Bradley (some)

It's going to be PF-by-committee I suppose.

I feel like the Jazz had a heavy talk with Lindsey and he flipped out and said, “you know what? If you think someone else could do a better job, let’s see it.”
Then he got “promoted”, Zanik got promoted, and Lindsey continued doing what he’s been doing for the last two years. Or lack thereof.
Kind of KOC/DL, isn't it?

Exum is our best perimeter defender, he can get into the lane, and is still really athletic.

Again, best perimeter defender. You don't just toss that guy out.
Ok. May be. It's just that his perimeter presence is a little bit wide most of the time. Kind of second row wide.

Don't think anyone hates Exum. He's a truly likable kid. For me at least (and IMHO for most fans) it's about Jazz brass and the 10M per that kind of gets in the way of things...
I understand that the "haters" don't hate, or even dislike, Dante, I just have a problem with how some people seem totally uninterested in seeing his potential. He's been injured a lot, and if he goes down again (and again...), of course he's of no use and the contract sucks, but I find it hard to understand how one cannot see the potential when he is healthy.
Sure, he's not a great shooter (I think he will become a servicable catch-and-shoot shooter, never a good pullup shooter), but there aren't that many guys in this league who are better at attacking the rim and throwing a lob to Rudy. I think Dante has confidence issues, and he might be a guy who's vulnerable to good scouting -- he obviously has to finish some of those layups himself -- but there's a lot there to work with, and take away those injuries, I think he'd be a very solid player by now.
But injuries happen, and they suck.

Not really.

Current roster, I'm thinking something like
PG: Conley (30), Exum (10), Mudiay (8)
SG: Mitchell (32), O'Neale (10), Exum (6)
SF: Bojan (15), Ingles (25) O'Neale (8)
PF: Green (15), Bojan (12), Niang (8), O'Neale (5), whatever (8)
C: Gobert (32), Davis (10+), Bradley (some)

It's going to be PF-by-committee I suppose.

This is way off imo.

This is way off imo.
You can put down all your money on Conley, Mitchell, Bojan, and Gobert playing 30+. Ingles will hopefully be below that minute threshold but he’s bound to be 5th in average minutes.

It’s gonna be PF-by-committee, sure, but Green is gonna start and will likely be in a restricted 3nD role, with the backup minutes mostly coming from Bojingles and Royce. Davis is likely only playing special teams as a “4”.

I would say there are too many people in it. Niang likely doesn’t make the regular rotation, I’m not sure both Exum and Mudiay do either (as in, I think it will be one or the other).
I could see Mudiay getting spot minutes behind Mitchell at SG to allow Royce to play primarily as the backup 3/4 but I think Exum gets most of the minutes as the 3rd guard. At least in October, who knows what happens by January.

I would say there are too many people in it. Niang likely doesn’t make the regular rotation, I’m not sure both Exum and Mudiay do either (as in, I think it will be one or the other).
Guess I agree with Niang, I suppose he might have to wait for injuries (everyone healthy, we won't play umpteen guys at the 4 anyway), but Exum will definitely play significant minutes (15+) given health IMHO. Maybe Mudiay doesn't, depends on where they use Dante. To start the season, I wouldn't be surprised if Dante is rested every once in a while, even when ruled healthy.

You can put down all your money on Conley, Mitchell, Bojan, and Gobert playing 30+. Ingles will hopefully be below that minute threshold but he’s bound to be 5th in average minutes.

It’s gonna be PF-by-committee, sure, but Green is gonna start and will likely be in a restricted 3nD role, with the backup minutes mostly coming from Bojingles and Royce. Davis is likely only playing special teams as a “4”.

Bradley isn’t gonna play at all and Mudiay will barely play imo. Maybe not at all.