What's new

We're almost there; USE THE MLE!

David Stern

First of all, I want to give props for the Jefferson trade. KOC, you are smarter than we thought, thanks for finally making that big move. Greg Miller, thanks for taking the risk of adding Jefferson and going into the LT so that we can be a better team. Carlos Boozer, thank you for ending your tenure here by giving the Jazz something to build on, that was classy.

But this offseason isn't over yet. Yes, we just got a lot better, but we need a little more to become a contending team. Signing some of the better FA that are left will help the Jazz to take that next step. I understand that we are in the LT right now, but using that MLE could help us so much more.

We need a combination of two of the following three players to become contenders: Shannon Brown, Ronnie Brewer, and/or Al Harrington. If they cost too much then fine, but if we can get 2/3 using the MLE then we need to. Al Harrington would effectively be our Lamar Odom, and could split minutes with AK at the 3. Shannon Brown is an elite athlete that would come in and be a lock-down defender off the bench and can hit the occasional outside shot. And Ronnie Brewer is a slasher, who we know already fits in well with this team.

My plea to the FO: Make a few more moves to become an elite team, because you've now set yourself up beautifully.

Al Harrington could be our Lamar Odom, indeed. Smoking weed, licking lollipops, and tappin a fat ole *** from the Kardashian family.

We should have a poll for the 4th wing. I am not technologically sophisticated enough to accomplish that. In any case, Matthews, Harrington, Brewer, Brown, Barnes, Mason are the obvious choices. The Harp TPE could be used. The other, cheaper, probably less effective option would be to start shopping Koufos for a swap of big to small.

For my money, I could probably live with Brewer, Brown, or Barnes. I'm not so excited about Mason because he's older and I wonder how his defense is. I think Harrington is a longshot.

For sure... I 100% agree. I would throw Wes in there as an alternative to Brewer. But the price may be too high.

But to accomplish this it requires letting Memo go, and I think with the addition of AJ the odds of that happening are immense.

Al Harrington has to be the number one choice, we need a player off the bench who can create his own shot.

We should have a poll for the 4th wing. I am not technologically sophisticated enough to accomplish that. In any case, Matthews, Harrington, Brewer, Brown, Barnes, Mason are the obvious choices. The Harp TPE could be used. The other, cheaper, probably less effective option would be to start shopping Koufos for a swap of big to small.

For my money, I could probably live with Brewer, Brown, or Barnes. I'm not so excited about Mason because he's older and I wonder how his defense is. I think Harrington is a longshot.

i already made one. But nobody voted. had 3 votes. I gave 10 options from free agency.

It's doubtful that we will use the MLE unless we found a taker for AK. I think the Suns would have been interested before they traded for Turkoglu.

Al Harrington could be our Lamar Odom, indeed. Smoking weed, licking lollipops, and tappin a fat ole *** from the Kardashian family.

I don't get it. I mean, she's stupid for sure, and completely detatched from the real world, but Old? She's 25. And Fat? She's pregnant and wasn't anything but a little thick before then anyway
khloe_kardashian.jpg

This is fat, lol:

fat_chick_on_motorcycle.jpg

But I do agree with your overall message. Besides, after playing for the Warriors then the Knicks, does Harrington even remember what Defense is?

First, ESPN says Dallas is closing in on Al Harrington, since they lost out on Al Jefferson.
And, here's ESPN's blurb on Jefferson: https://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5376884
We are giving up 2 first round picks; wow. Hopefully we keep the Memphis pick, which would likely be a higher pick...
If we keep Matthews, we would keep that defensive presence on the perimeter... I'd really hate to lose that... The owners take care of the $$$, so I'm betting we keep Matthews. AK is now much more expendable, but there's no hurry if the owners are OK with the $$$; and, if we can bring Brewer back to back up SF and SG, we'll be a better team than last year!!

I don't get it. I mean, she's stupid for sure, and completely detatched from the real world, but Old? She's 25. And Fat? She's pregnant and wasn't anything but a little thick before then anyway
khloe_kardashian.jpg

This is fat, lol:

fat_chick_on_motorcycle.jpg

But I do agree with your overall message. Besides, after playing for the Warriors then the Knicks, does Harrington even remember what Defense is?

That's weird, but it looks like she lost weight in the second picture. Must be that LA diet of blow and *****.

Go after Harrington before Dallas snaches him up.

ESPN Insider:
With the market slowly beginning to dry up, Harrington was starting to run out of options. That is until the Mavs swooped in and offered Harrington their full mid-level. With the addition of Tyson Chandler and now, possibly, Harrington, the Mavs are stocking up and spending huge dollars to do it.