What's new

Were the Spurs Being Charitable?

Certainly was a great win, and the refs were trying their best at the end to get the Spurs back in it, but did you get the feeling that maybe Pop was going to give this one to the Jazz?

1. No Parker -- well, maybe his injury is legit
2. Pop had a lot of praise for the Quin/Jazz in his pre-game interview
3. Quin was Messina's Assistant Head Coach at CSKA Moscow
4. The DL connection
5. It seemed a bit gratuitous when Pop let himself get tossed.

What do you think?

Certainly was a great win, and the refs were trying their best at the end to get the Spurs back in it, but did you get the feeling that maybe Pop was going to give this one to the Jazz?

1. No Parker -- well, maybe his injury is legit
2. Pop had a lot of praise for the Quin/Jazz in his pre-game interview
3. Quin was Messina's Assistant Head Coach at CSKA Moscow
4. The DL connection
5. It seemed a bit gratuitous when Pop let himself get tossed.

What do you think?

What in the world....

Yes, they threw the game, but it had nothing to do with the connections. Some high rollers leaned on Pops to make sure their long shot bets on the jazz made good. Pops wasn't acting when he got frustrated, he was truly concerned that the two teams were too close and the Spurs might pull it out. He got himself tossed in an attempt to pad the lead and keep the mob from breaking somebody's thumbs.

Sarcasm aside, it helps to remember that the NBA is about entertainment first and completion second, but for the players and coaches it is about completion first and the next paycheck second.

So let me get this straight.. Pop is willing to betray the Organization he's been loyal to for nearly 20 years so that he could help out his assistance's FORMER assistance win a game????

Unlikely.

You're forgetting about Dennis Lindsey. Not saying they threw it, but they weren't trying very hard to win, despite the best efforts of the referees. What does a loss mean to the Spurs at this time of the year? Pop is Mr. Bluster on the outside but Mr. Fuzzy on the inside -- you saw how he has reacted to Craig Sager's illness, the guy he always gave grief to ... actually, Jerry was a bit like this too.

You're forgetting about Dennis Lindsey. Not saying they threw it, but they weren't trying very hard to win, despite the best efforts of the referees. What does a loss mean to the Spurs at this time of the year? Pop is Mr. Bluster on the outside but Mr. Fuzzy on the inside -- you saw how he has reacted to Craig Sager's illness, the guy he always gave grief to ... actually, Jerry was a bit like this too.

A loss could be the difference between homecourt in the 1st round, 2nd round, Conference Finals, or Finals. Pretty important. The Spurs rest their guys a lot, but they don't do it expecting to lose.

I think between DL and QS, they know a thing or two about the Spurs system and used it towards their game plan. After all, they are modeling this Jazz team after the Duncan-Robinson Spurs years.

Truth is stranger than fiction ... I'm just thinking outside the box. Maybe you all are a bit too naïve. And for the Spurs, I don't think home court is as big a deal as other teams. The best teams can win anywhere. I remember in 1969, the Celtics didn't have home court advantage in any of their playoff series and won the championship.

Who cares? I don't care if they packaged the win up real nice with pretty paper and a sparkly bow and handed it to us on a silver platter.
We needed a win...and we got one.

But no...why the hell would they do that.

The Spurs are in a dogfight with Memphis, Golden State and Houston. Don't think they'll hand us a win as a favor when they know we're tanking.

Maybe they're trying to upset our tank.

It's part of the long con. Remember to extend their championship window the Spurs have sent out Little Spurs drone front office guys and coaches. Anywhere they land they begin preaching rebuild through draft. Orlando, Philly, utah. All have Spurs ties.

So occasionally the spurs mole needs a little help. Heck, greg was probably about to lose patients with the rebuild and trade Enes and Burke, to Detroit for Josh Smith and Jennings. Well, when DOL caught wind of it he called the motherland and the motherland said they would take care of things. Suddenly Tony Parker is "injured" and Manu is chucking up prayers and throwing turnovers on every side. Pops feigns anger just to seal the deal and the Jazz get a taste of victory that will keep the long con going for atleast 3 more spurs victories. It is all so simple.