What's new

Were the Spurs Being Charitable?

no thing such as charity in this western confrence. The Spurs at 16-6? dont even have home court advantage. Trust me. There is no charity in the NBA.

Pop is really clever, though. He might be sacrificing the battle to win the war.

Certainly was a great win, and the refs were trying their best at the end to get the Spurs back in it, but did you get the feeling that maybe Pop was going to give this one to the Jazz?

1. No Parker -- well, maybe his injury is legit
2. Pop had a lot of praise for the Quin/Jazz in his pre-game interview
3. Quin was Messina's Assistant Head Coach at CSKA Moscow
4. The DL connection
5. It seemed a bit gratuitous when Pop let himself get tossed.

What do you think?

My hell!! Don't be a complete idiot. But then I've never liked much of what you post, so I shouldn't bs so surprised this came from you.

lol at you thinking that the Spurs could be so appreciative of the time DL spent with SA that they would throw the game. Idiot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From ESPN's recap of last night's Spurs-Knicks game:

"Spurs: Leonard will undergo an MRI on his bruised right hand Thursday morning, according to Popovich. The injury occurred late in Tuesday's loss to the Jazz when Leonard tried to brace a fall, but landed on his posterior after being fouled on an attempted dunk."

This is what it should say: "The injury occurred late in Tuesday's loss to the Jazz when Leonard tried to brace a fall, but landed on his posterior after Derrick Favors smothered his weak-*** dunk attempt."

"Spurs: Leonard will undergo an MRI on his bruised right hand Thursday morning, according to Popovich. The injury occurred late in Tuesday's loss to the Jazz when Leonard tried to brace a fall, but landed on his posterior after being fouled on an attempted dunk."

This is what it should say: "The injury occurred late in Tuesday's loss to the Jazz when Leonard tried to brace a fall, but landed on his posterior after Derrick Favors smothered his weak-*** dunk attempt."

I'd say good, but it's likely the injuries to Parker and Leonard will be season ending, SA will miss the playoffs, win the lottery and draft Okafor, who replaces Duncan and begins their next dynasty. Pops will coach into his 90's.

NBA players need to get drunk more often. Nothing like being wasted for a week straight to teach you how to fall without hurting yourself.

>Starts thread whose entire premise is that the Spurs threw the game
>Says he's not saying the Spurs threw the game

Hey, numbnuts ... I never said they did, nor can I prove they did -- I just speculated what if they did, is it possible? I'll say this -- they sure didn't take us very seriously, and wondered if there were other reasons besides lack of motivation.

Hey guys, I'm not saying that the Spurs threw the game, but consider this: is it possible that they threw the game? Keep in mind I'm not suggesting they threw the game. But I wonder if they perhaps threw the game? It's not like I'm saying there is evidence the Spurs threw the game, but then how do you explain the fact they threw the game (which is not what I'm saying)?

Hey guys, I'm not saying that the Spurs threw the game, but consider this: is it possible that they threw the game? Keep in mind I'm not suggesting they threw the game. But I wonder if they perhaps threw the game? It's not like I'm saying there is evidence the Spurs threw the game, but then how do you explain the fact they threw the game (which is not what I'm saying)?

Kay but that's not what he was saying though. It's what he wasn't saying when he almost said something similar but the same as the thing he didn't say.

Kay but that's not what he was saying though. It's what he wasn't saying when he almost said something similar but the same as the thing he didn't say.

So says (or doesn't say) you, freakazoid. Unless that's not really what you're saying. Know what I'm sayin'?

What may possibly have happened instead is that after pre-season was over Quin got the team in the locker room. He presented them with the season calendar. He explained that the Jazz were not going to win a lot of games this year. He said it again with a little exaggerated emphasis, "The Jazz ARE NOT going to win a lot of games this year." Then he proceeded to circle one game here, skip nine games or so and circle a game there. Then he said to the team, "But we ARE going to win these ones." And he said if the team gave him the games he asked for...he wouldn't have to eat their babies.

I don't really think that's what happened. But maybe it did.

I figured that while we were giving consideration to absurdities we should at least have some options.

What really happened is that Quin, DL and Pops met up at Best Buy over the summer, before the schedule was released. Pops said, "I'll throw you a bone. When we play in Salt Lake the first time this season, Parker will be 'injured' and I'll get thrown out. If you manage to still lose, that's on you guys." In closing, Pops added, "Oh yeah, and GO GET COUSINS."

Pops threw one against the Lakers.
I am confused, though. His only intent for losing to the Lakers would be to prevent them from finishing with a bottom-5 record, which is where the Lakers need to land to keep their pick (otherwise it goes to Phoenix: the Nash trade that just keeps on giving...to Phoenix). But shouldn't he have won against Utah to help them finish 5th or better and drop the Lakers down a spot? That's the problem with cheating...eventually you get all confused and can't remember exactly what you were supposed to do.

Oh wait, could Pops, seeing a chance to fall out of the playoffs, be going for the "SA Tank?" That's when you have a great team, then miss the playoffs due to injuries, and get a franchise player in the following draft. It's pretty clear to me Pops is targeting Okafor. SA is going to move up from #14 all the way to #1 in the draft lottery.

And just to make it appear that Pops wasn't doing Snyder a favor, he had the Spurs lose last night to the Lakers.