What's new

What’s the point of this season?

How am I just now realizing that JLIII started his college career at Baylor? Of course he ends up on a DL team.

Developing to be dog ****.

Not all minutes given to a player are helpful and development. Keyonte may be developing or he might be learning how to be dog ****. There's not another player on the roster who has developed in any way, and multiple players have regressed.

Developing to be dog ****.

Not all minutes given to a player are helpful and development. Keyonte may be developing or he might be learning how to be dog ****. There's not another player on the roster who has developed in any way, and multiple players have regressed.
Ya sometimes the plan just doesn't work

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Right now Keyonte just isn''t very good at this level. I know Sarah Todd loves him but the Jazz are getting torched and it starts with the point guard. The Jazz have not outscored the opponent for eight consecutive quarters. Either Sensabaugh and Tay Henny need to play heye or all three need to be in the GLeague. I'm afraid Hardy is ruining Key for life.

I mean for those talking about tanking... Does it even make sense right now as Pistons/Wizards/Spurs are sooooooooo far ahead of us. It might make sense in any other year but this year these three teams have combined for something like 1-49 since November, and the only W came from Wizards win over Pistons... Not sure what the Jazz can do at this point to match that. It's like trying to win it all in a year featuring the Showtime Lakers, 72 win bulls and Red Auerbach's Celtics...

And unlike those three teams that have clear priorities on players development, we have Lauri...And he ain't coming back unless we show some sort of meaningful effort to put together a winning team around him. He will be 28 by the end of his contract and has not played a single playoff game.

Key is saying all the right things but right now his play is subpar. I'm afraid Hardy is ruining him for his career. It's not doing the future any good if he has PTSD and no confidence.

Key is saying all the right things but right now his play is subpar. I'm afraid Hardy is ruining him for his career. It's not doing the future any good if he has PTSD and no confidence.
I'm not concerned about that at this point. He makes mistakes and his efficiency is not great, but he also does a lot of good on the court. I think he's probably learning quite a lot on the job right now.

Right now Keyonte just isn''t very good at this level. I know Sarah Todd loves him but the Jazz are getting torched and it starts with the point guard. The Jazz have not outscored the opponent for eight consecutive quarters. Either Sensabaugh and Tay Henny need to play heye or all three need to be in the GLeague. I'm afraid Hardy is ruining Key for life.
I would hope Ainge will bring in a veteran PG mentor type for Key. I don't think he's the fragile type but it's still obvious he's really struggling and falling into the same habits we already see with our other guards. We already have another example in Sexton, drafted in the lottery, who was thrown out to the wolves by a post Lebron Cavs tanking team. He has never been able to break out of those early bad habits to progress beyond microwave scoring guard. Keyonte is getting way too much leash (Clarkson is too fwiw) and that's partially due to the fact we don't have better options due to roster construction which falls at Ainge's feet. I don't think Hardy or the players are trying to tank but it's inevitable due to roster construction and fit issues across the board.

I would hope Ainge will bring in a veteran PG mentor type for Key. I don't think he's the fragile type but it's still obvious he's really struggling and falling into the same habits we already see with our other guards. We already have another example in Sexton, drafted in the lottery, who was thrown out to the wolves by a post Lebron Cavs tanking team. He has never been able to break out of those early bad habits to progress beyond microwave scoring guard. Keyonte is getting way too much leash (Clarkson is too fwiw) and that's partially due to the fact we don't have better options due to roster construction which falls at Ainge's feet. I don't think Hardy or the players are trying to tank but it's inevitable due to roster construction and fit issues across the board.
We got one before, probably the best for monitoring the young core who like to stay in Utah and we give it to Minny for almost free.....