What's new

What an EMBARRASMENT! Jazz set NBA Basketball back 20 years!

There is something wrong with Gobert in the head in this series. I am not taking into account game 1 because there were other factors, tight turn around, no time to game plan etc... But, he is just not right. I hear some people praising his defense in game two but there have been so many times that he is not playing defense in the paint and not even making attempts. He is fumbling the ball so much on offense. He is just not the player he was during the regular season. Maybe it is just a bad match-up but he is not playing decisive basketball right now.

He's being put in spots that are nearly impossible to guard. Last night Harden torched them with their 3 weak side wing play with Capella on the strong side block. DM forced JH to his right by hedging so hard that it made him useless as a defender. From then on, HOU was playing 5 on 4. Crowder would com off his wing man to help defend either JH or CC. That leaves 2 defenders on 3 wings behind the arc. If Rudy commits to JH too early then Crowder hasn't enough time to cover CC. If he doesn't commit then Harden is going to get a good look over late Rudy defense and a charging in Crowder. If Crowder gets there in time to cover JH then somebody is open behind the arc.

Mitchell needs to slow him down a lot more so Crowder can react fast enough to defend after trailing DM takes away the open mid-range, then sprint to the 3 to cover a wing shooter. JH is past DM with 1 step and a clear path. He needs to give him more space and let JH take a contested 3. JH isn't a good 3 shooter.

Last edited:
Relax. The Jazz just played a terrible game all around. It happens to every team on occasion over a long season/postseason. It just happened to us at a really bad time unfortunately. The Jazz will be fine. This team is mentally tough and they'll fight back. This season was a complete success whether we win or lose this series. Don't panic.

There is something wrong with Gobert in the head in this series. I am not taking into account game 1 because there were other factors, tight turn around, no time to game plan etc... But, he is just not right. I hear some people praising his defense in game two but there have been so many times that he is not playing defense in the paint and not even making attempts. He is fumbling the ball so much on offense. He is just not the player he was during the regular season. Maybe it is just a bad match-up but he is not playing decisive basketball right now.
I mean, he has to guard Harden and Capella at once. He doesnt want to jump at everything because if he does, that leaves the glass wide open for a putback dunk by Capella or a lob to Capella. He is trying to be in two spots at once and get a rebound. Gobert has never been a player who jumps for every block attempt. A lot of his defense is just the thought that he might and its been like that his entire career.

I agree. Gobert was a big reason the Jazz did so poorly. Though the lobs were thrown poorly -- not high enough -- he's got to be more aggressive and go after those balls. Also, he was doing a terrible job of rebounding. Clint Capela looked like a HOFr against him.
I would think Jazz fans would be smarter than this.

So One Brow (Write4U) and KKKarolina came back to the board at the same time. What a coinkidink.

???

We won that game 83-81. Karl Malone was 17/27 from the field with 39 points, 9 rebounds and 5 assists. John Stockton was 3/7 with 6 points, 12 assists, 5 steals and 4 rebounds.

Sorry, it was game 3. My error.

None of us thought the Jazz would lay this big of an egg and play this poorly! Will they bounce back and win the next game? Remains to be seen! However, my assessment on how they just played is spot on correct!

Perhaps, but I always keep in the back of my mind that we are capable of bad games as was shown in the regular season..including against mediocre teams.

Combine that with overall lack of experience in both the NBA and the playoffs.. Obviously the Jazz is not a team to be overlooked...but I think a lot of our players have been playing beyond their expected output capacity for a while now..and eventually that will catch up.