What's new

What do you want to happen friday night?

Friday Night

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
your theory is actually quite easy to disprove. teams don't get good by consistently drafting in the lottery. much to the contrary, teams get good by getting 3-4 picks right, then surrounding that talent with role players who know their job.

OKC didn't stay in the lotto forever to stockpile talent. they drafted well in their three opportunities in the top 5 (KD, westbrook, harden) and then they went to work building around those three while the team gradually learned how to win in the regular season, the first round, the second round, etc.

Haha, my point was good players win more games.......bra. But you continue to be an authority on your sweet blog.

will do "bra." way to avoid a meaningful conversation by not engaging with me on any of my key points.

Sort of like how you ignored my entire first paragraph asking for data to back up your own theory........bra? (it's called a "schtick")

they need to play hard, get better as a team, and hopefully win.

you never know what the draft will being so dont make that your strategy.

Whether the Jazz win or lose tonight I'm sure we'll still miss the playoffs (and keep our pick), so I'd rather lose and have two picks.

Brian T. Smith
Warriors' coach Mark Jackson attended Jazz's pregame chapel session. Had a private conversation with Earl Watson after.

I bet Jackson was saying "We usually would have tried to lose this game, but we respect you guys and we'll actually give it our best shot."

Just wow. You do realize EVERY player in the NBA came through the draft, right? You do realize the top players only land on small-market teams through the draft, right?

Thank you for the REALITY check.

Yeah...it's not like the draft is what got us Malone, Stockton, or Williams. Totally overrated.

The odds of getting players like that are like almost impossible, though. It's not really worth trying.

On the other hand, studies have shown that even if your players are mediocre or just kinda crappy, if you can just somehow get them into the first round for some experience getting their *** kicked for a few games, mediocre players often times become championship caliber players. It's all about the experience.

Last edited:
Huh?

How did you come to that conclusion after what I just said?

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO

I do NOT want the JAZZ to LOSE on PURPOSE. No, that's a negative, down with that idea, thumbs down, nope, and no way. Clear enough?

Im saying that if a GM actually knew what he was doing he should know what he has and just about how far they can go. He should know what he is putting on the court and be realistic about it. He should have set the team up so that Corbin would be forced to play a lot of the young guys. And they would try to win with all their heart. But as a GM you know they are too young to do anything right now. But if they did you would be upset about it either. I said right from the start that the Jazz were going to be a 14 seed in the lottery with this team. Looking pretty close. Now how did I know that? KOC should have know that this team wasn't going to contend and were going to be a fringe playoff team. So he should have continued what he started when he trade DWILL. BLOW the efffing thing up all the way. We already started over. Al and Paul aren't going to drag the rooks to no titles in the next couple years. This thing needs time to grow. The young guys arent going to be ready for a while so sit tight and be patient.

IM saying that as a GM you don't bury your high pick talent on the bench behind some over paid, not winning any championships, older players, that right now are just slightly better players than your young guys becuase they are older, inturn forcing the coach who you hired to play the older guys because he is on a short leash and only wants to win games right now.

So as a carefully thought out and planned attack on how you approach the next five years you know you are going to be a lottery team. Hopefully for just a couple years You set your team up for a PROPER rebuild. You don't run some mediocre players out there to put on some fake show. Like as if they are actually contending and the players you are playing will actually be around in two years. It feels like the Jazz are just trying to sell tickets now instead of thinking about the future.

And what if we do make the playoffs and miss out on some picks
What if GS is good next year and so are we and our picks are 22 and 21 and we get nobody good out of it? And we look back ten years from now and it was all the difference. Say we couldn't get over the hump because we were just short some talent.

It was sarcasm.