What's new

What does 4/20 mean to you?

Can't believe they'd wait until then, how many more school shooting will happen between now and then? Seriously the kids should go on strike from tomorrow and stay out until something is done about it. Its not they're getting paid anyway...

This. My kids need to walk out tomorrow. In fact, they shouldn’t even come to school. Wednesday, either. Or any day henceforth.

420 was actually started by college kids who got stoned after the school day ended. So it's really a time (4:20) and not a date. Then people expanded it to include the date to celebrate anything with pot.

Then some nutjobs noticed that Hitler was born on April 20th, so some idiots decided to also include that in the celebration. The 2 kids who shot up Columbine did it on April 20th for multiple reasons, including the fact it was Hitlers birthday.

That's probably why they are chosing to protest guns on this day, because the Columbine shootings really started this madness of mass shootings.

actually I read up on it a bit, and Hitler's birthday really had nothing to do with the Columbine shooting. The original date was to be April 19 because that was the date of the Waco siege when Federal agents and Texas marshals stormed the Branch Davidian compound - - but the dealer who was supposed to supply the ammunition to the Columbine shooters was not able to deliver it in time so it was delayed a day.

At any rate, if students (and teachers or whomever) do walk out of school, I just don't think it should be on April 20 since many people already associated that with a day to get stoned. And generally, while I understand the motivation behind it, I don't think a school walkout for more than a day is practical. Even for one day, it's problematic. What ages are doing this? Officially perhaps it would be high school students, but you'll certainly get middle school and younger students who want to participate. And many (most) who "participate" probably will do it just because it's a day off of school.

actually I read up on it a bit, and Hitler's birthday really had nothing to do with the Columbine shooting. The original date was to be April 19 because that was the date of the Waco siege when Federal agents and Texas marshals stormed the Branch Davidian compound - - but the dealer who was supposed to supply the ammunition to the Columbine shooters was not able to deliver it in time so it was delayed a day.

At any rate, if students (and teachers or whomever) do walk out of school, I just don't think it should be on April 20 since many people already associated that with a day to get stoned. And generally, while I understand the motivation behind it, I don't think a school walkout for more than a day is practical. Even for one day, it's problematic. What ages are doing this? Officially perhaps it would be high school students, but you'll certainly get middle school and younger students who want to participate. And many (most) who "participate" probably will do it just because it's a day off of school.

They should walk out and not go back until there are laws for real gun control before the congress, more Americans have died from gun violence since 1968 than in all of your wars. It would be a great act of civil disobedience, If i had school age kids I wouldn't have a problem with it. I looked after myself from about 10 or 11 years old onwards most nights while my parents went to night school, the world didn't end, hell i even learned how to cook pretty well. It might take a couple of weeks maybe even a month or two but who cares? Could actually cause lasting change and save thousands of lives.

They should walk out and not go back until there are laws for real gun control before the congress, more Americans have died from gun violence since 1968 than in all of your wars. It would be a great act of civil disobedience, If i had school age kids I wouldn't have a problem with it. I looked after myself from about 10 or 11 years old onwards most nights while my parents went to night school, the world didn't end, hell i even learned how to cook pretty well. It might take a couple of weeks maybe even a month or two but who cares? Could actually cause lasting change and save thousands of lives.

Great. I’ll then be forced to work up to and including the last day of June.

Great. I’ll then be forced to work up to and including the last day of June.

You hoping to get shot before then?

I also think teaches should keep showing up to work without students, that way they'd have to get paid for essentially doing nothing. Just like politicians.

Last edited:
You hoping to get shot before then?

I also think teaches should keep showing up to work without students, that way they'd have to get paid for essentially doing nothing. Just like politicians.

Sure, why not. My district sucks. Had a couple shootings last week in town and police presence outside our (9rh grade) building after school on Friday.

the only time the cops ever rocked up to my school was cause somebody egged the principals office...

That's just nuts man. I've had guns pulled on me twice at work, it ain't no fun but fortunately they've never been fired. (both times by professional criminals who value their firearm more than any dispute they may have had with me, both times they got arrested as well.)

Yeah, these two incidents have been with people around age 23 and down. I taught one kid who was shot in the leg. The other who was shot that same day in the same incident I’m not sure. Names aren’t being released and I got lucky finding out about the one. It’s all this ***** DDP gang **** with all these ***** Dominicans in town.

The second incident was some little bitch 21 year old dealer who my buddies taught. Said he was a complete *******. He had some heroin and other **** on him. Opened fire on four cops. No one was hit. Four counts of attempted murder amongst other ****.

First time I had a gun pulled on me it was after Australia Day I think in 2008, it was actually after work, was working in a big venue, ran a crowd of about 2400 people all night. Anyway after work a bunch of the guys went over the road to a little bar in a side street that used to be open until 7 or 8am most nights of the week, place was always full of shift workers, bar staff ect. 7 or 8 of us were smoking a joint in the lane way and these two dudes walked up, tweaking off their heads, we chatted to them while passing the joint around for maybe two minutes, one of them flipped out went for a gun which he had tucked into his pants and one of my mates who was standing next to him tackled him. We then proceeded to lay into the pair of them until the cops arrived, the dude got seven years for a bunch of armed robberies in the area, he has since been released and gone back in for firearm related offences. (he comes from a minor crime family)

Second time i was working the door of a strip joint and some minor drug dealer pulled a gun on us (thing was huge looked like a ****ing cannon) anyway the strip joint was like two blocks from the cop shop and i dunno if the cashier had a silent alarm or something but the cops were there in like 2 minutes if not less, they rocked up while he was mouthing off and waving the thing around. He was arrested on the spot, no idea what happened to him. Didn't even have to give a statement.

Can't believe they'd wait until then, how many more school shooting will happen between now and then? Seriously the kids should go on strike from tomorrow and stay out until something is done about it. Its not they're getting paid anyway...

Nothing will happen until we get a new generation of law makers, and even then, the powers that be have a way or corrupting new minds with wealth and power. The United States government isn't a lot different than Mexico's drug corrupted government. Down there you either cooperate and get wealthy or stick to your values and end up with your whole family murdered. In the U.S., they just ruin your career and have you blacklisted.

Unfortunately, I really think nothing will change until the high-priced private schools start getting shot up. Soon as our law makers have to start worrying about their own kids, then they may decide that the extra wealth isn't worth the risk. Until then we're probably ****ed as a country.

Hitler's birthday and the anniversary of the Columbine shooting. Maybe the Columbine anniversary is why a walk-out protesting gun laws is planned on that day.

Nothing will happen until we get a new generation of law makers, and even then, the powers that be have a way or corrupting new minds with wealth and power. The United States government isn't a lot different than Mexico's drug corrupted government. Down there you either cooperate and get wealthy or stick to your values and end up with your whole family murdered. In the U.S., they just ruin your career and have you blacklisted.

Unfortunately, I really think nothing will change until the high-priced private schools start getting shot up. Soon as our law makers have to start worrying about their own kids, then they may decide that the extra wealth isn't worth the risk. Until then we're probably ****ed as a country.

interesting idea, eat the children of the rich. Its more or less the same here, politicians on both sides were once drawn from the community, most actually had real jobs before a life in politics. Now they basically follow the same career path, student politics, minister's staffer, local government official, state or federal MP. Occasionally a union official will do enough shady deals or blackmail enough people to get their nose in the troth too. They don't even pretend to serve us, they serve themselves and to make it worse we let them get away with it.

too funny!!!

This is what I think of with 420...

045c7e37-e57b-4f93-87b9-66e9f2f1d04a-jpeg.5615