What's new

What does 4/20 mean to you?

moevillini

the Chief Old D'oh
Contributor
just curious if that date (or just the number 420) has any particular meaning to any of you

Are you the cops?
No. But it's apparently the date that's been picked for a student walk-out to protest U.S. gun laws.
And my first thought was something else that's associated with that date and a reason it's been a popular "ditch day" for high school students for years and years...

No. But it's apparently the date that's been picked for a student walk-out to protest U.S. gun laws.
And my first thought was something else that's associated with that date and a reason it's been a popular "ditch day" for high school students for years and years...

Choosing Hitler's bday and the national wake and bake day to protest is probably not the best day to protest if you want people to remember and take you serious. Who knows though. This country is weird.

Leagalization of marijuana > gun stuff imo.
Do the walk out for teh pot instead. Besides, gun laws are never going to change in any significant way and no progress will ever be made in that arena.
Weed on the other hand has already made tons of progress and has momentum. Need to keep it going.

420-pot-leafpsd.jpg

420 was actually started by college kids who got stoned after the school day ended. So it's really a time (4:20) and not a date. Then people expanded it to include the date to celebrate anything with pot.

Then some nutjobs noticed that Hitler was born on April 20th, so some idiots decided to also include that in the celebration. The 2 kids who shot up Columbine did it on April 20th for multiple reasons, including the fact it was Hitlers birthday.

That's probably why they are chosing to protest guns on this day, because the Columbine shootings really started this madness of mass shootings.

Can't believe they'd wait until then, how many more school shooting will happen between now and then? Seriously the kids should go on strike from tomorrow and stay out until something is done about it. Its not they're getting paid anyway...

Wow...that goes back a ways. I visited Belfast about 15 years ago and there was a Bobby Sands mural on one of the buildings there.

Ah the troubles... Makes about as much sense as school shootings, actually letting your citizens off each other in insane numbers actually makes less sense than the civil war in Northern Ireland.